(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

Mechjeb isn't required for the WT-51, if you use it I can't predict what it will do sorry. I can take off and get to orbit with a full load without anything other than ASAS and RCS. Watch the video, not only doesnt it backflip, its stable enough to mess around with things and forget about flying.

If you are using the Pegasus X, then mechjeb 1.19, if you use Pegasus2X, then you can use either it seems, works for both on mine anyway.

If you are doing backflips at 3km, then something is being drained unevenly. The rear and front tanks should drain simultaneously to get you to about 25,000m and the cargo bay should do the rest. As for Mechjeb 2.0, have not really used it alot to be honest.

Thanks for the reply, Devogen.

I have tried it with mechjeb and without. I have tried it manually and with the ASAS (both with and without RCS). I climb at between half or 3/4 throttle at a rate between 40 and 60 ms. Above that, it gets worse as it goes. I have made sure to shutdown the rear engine.

This is without any payload whatsoever, as I imagine that the vehicle itself would be balanced allowing the center of gravity manipulation for payload inclusion to be simplified. In watching the ASAS input, the increase in negative pitch bias slowly increases with altitude until the control is completely maxed out, at which point an irreversible pitch-up slowly begins. I was able, for a short time, to balance it by toggling the rear engine on and off, but then encountered roll bias that unbalanced the trajectory and increased further destabilizing aerodynamics.

I figured I could try to manipulate the balance by including a payload, unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to add the payload to the cargobay because it tries to place it at the bottom of the craft and not the floor of the bay. I added a radial point and decoupler, which mounted just fine, but then the bobcat refused to snap, again, above the base of the craft.

Any advice with this additional knowledge? Thank you in advance.

Here is a short video preview of the new Mk.3 version of the Space Eagle! It is a work in progress, and Devo has yet to put some more Aussie magic into it, but we are making progress!!! I'm sorry for my voice being low (you'll just have to pay attention :wink: ) but it took so long to upload I didn't want to do it again!

Here is a short video preview of the new Mk.3 version of the Space Eagle! It is a work in progress, and Devo has yet to put some more Aussie magic into it, but we are making progress!!! I'm sorry for my voice being low (you'll just have to pay attention :wink: ) but it took so long to upload I didn't want to do it again!

haha nice landing!

If I wasn't at work for the next 6 hours, I'd release it now. damn i hate mondays :( Planned on alot last night but crashed out too early. I decided to re-do all the textures for the eagle. I also am making an elevator for the moonbase alpha parts, might through that one on next. We did the launchpad, now we will have the piece that connects to the launch pad.

I am testing a docking strut mod by EDP which apparently allows you to strut your stuff AFTER you have launched it and restrut it, so that would be perfect for building the moonbase.

I notice a green glowy bit at the center of the truss in your vid, Vires. Is that the standard flat MechJeb or something else?

It's a new flat MechJeb that comes with the 2.0.7 download, but I may change it for the Jeb9001 your using :) That was cool, and I kinda don't like the green glow.

-snip-

Very nice, Vires! It was a touch hard to hear your voice, but I could still follow, and understand the art of balancing VTOLs. :3

haha nice landing!

If I wasn't at work for the next 6 hours, I'd release it now. damn i hate mondays :( Planned on alot last night but crashed out too early. I decided to re-do all the textures for the eagle. I also am making an elevator for the moonbase alpha parts, might through that one on next. We did the launchpad, now we will have the piece that connects to the launch pad.

I am testing a docking strut mod by EDP which apparently allows you to strut your stuff AFTER you have launched it and restrut it, so that would be perfect for building the moonbase.

Elevator? :o

SPAEC ELEEVATER!

x3 Just kidding, haha...

I like those docking strut mods. For a while I used Quantum Strut, but forgot to update it, so I'll be interested in this one, as well. :D

Gents?

Heh. I have another "Bet you didn't think that was possible in an Eagle!" piloting moment to show off!

So I have the new fixed boat parts working. Got a carrier, the "KSS Kernedy" out in the sea. I've brought out the Eagle skycrane in preparation for rendezvous with the Gojira up in orbit. Not intending to dock or anything. But I figure the winches on stand-by would help to get the space station parts out of the hold.

When I launched the carrier, I discovered that it carries 10 Kerbals. And one of them was Jeb! I'd wondered why he suddenly disappeared from rotation! Well - I need my best Kerbal pilot on hand for the space station extraction, so I needed to go get him on my way up to orbit. So this required a stopover at the Kernedy. Landing on deck went smoothly, and crew transfer was a quick swap. As we're lifting off, I think - "it's too bad that the Wayland Eagle is too big for the carrier elevator to bring her below deck like other craft.

Then...

I noticed - hey... There's this open rear end access to the lower decks.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

qpgn3y8.jpg

7AxzcVc.png

yJNFNLM.jpg

wcocYoE.jpg

quAGiqJ.jpg

169LAyO.jpg

LIKE A GLOVE!!! :D

(er... now I have to figure out how to get back OUT again... )

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

Okay. Follow up on the previous post. How do I get my Eagle OUT of the carrier?

53hqecq.jpg

Well... Two options present themselves.

One - I slowly back out the way I came by pitching backwards as I hover just over the deck.

or -

Two - I find out if there's enough room to turn around 180 in here and fly out on main thrusters.

Well hell - Which do you THINK I'm going to try?

--------------------

Okay... easy does it... easy...

hKjBxo2.jpg

vEzhnhV.jpg

Okay - just for the record - the Wayland Eagle WILL fit completely sideways inside the aircraft carrier! (er... ignore those paint scrapes along the walls there.... Yeah - that'll buff right out!)

CWa5xNC.jpg

Uh oh! Going a little bit pear-shaped here! Yikes!

sEjzKsb.jpg

RcM4tnm.jpg

BANG... Ow... fetched up against the elevator there... But we're still okay!

bNyt3O2.jpg

A little scooting around with the RCS thrusters and we're lined up straight on the center line.

Of17Uae.jpg

zNfLdCn.png

Okay. Hover up just a bit... And...

jCDzqMb.png

FULL THROTTLE BOOST!!!!

fSvgTMf.png

YEEE-HAAAAA!!!

dyAljqq.png

Y2ykBMq.png

Now how many style points do you suppose I just achieved by doing a Battlestar Galactica style landing AND full-power take-off with an Aircraft carrier and a Space 1999 Eagle? :D

*snip*

Now how many style points do you suppose I just achieved by doing a Battlestar Galactica style landing AND full-power take-off with an Aircraft carrier and a Space 1999 Eagle? :D

OVER 9000!!!

I've got to say though, that is some pretty darn impressive flying there

Also on a slightly different note, is it possible to refuel the px-2? I was planning to use them to replace the valkyries on my ISV venture star, and go on a grand tour with them. I know they have plenty of fuel onboard, I was just wondering if it was possible

Awesome :)

Hahhaha that will make good practice Logan, you will need it soon.. Dropship . ok.. Putting drop ship back in hangar bay? freakin takes balls of steel.. lol

Anyone who i missed in PM's i will get to tomorrow, had a busy day at work...

I should upload something today anyway.. why not the Bobcat Lifter MK1 and MK2! .. Just something I used around the place to shift parts... handy when building munbases.. If anyone is familiar with Aliens the movie, you only need to guess what

these were a prototype for something else I'm working on for the future :) :)

This was built in honour of Bobcat, and the million uses I have had of the DEMV vehicles, they always perform flawlessly.

These are meant to go on the DEMV MK2 chassis, but you can modify them for anything really.

enjoy :)

image.php?id=7890_517E9EDD&jpg

image.php?id=0FD4_517E9EDD&jpg

image.php?id=EF13_517E9EDD&jpg

image.php?id=AC59_517E9EDD&jpg

image.php?id=6270_517E9EDD&jpg

Mediafire Download Link Until spaceport approved..

things to add to the poll next time are Destiny shuttle, Daedalus-class battle cruiser, Aurora-class battleship are some ideas
things to add to the poll next time are Destiny shuttle, Daedalus-class battle cruiser, Aurora-class battleship are some ideas

Well, we'll get these mods completed and sure, there will be another Poll. I have alot of people who have come aboard now so things should get easier or at least a bit faster now.

It appears that the winner of the Poll is the Dropship from Aliens, so I will just get that polished up.!!!

Testers, you should get the Dropship to play with in at least the next 48 hours, I am at the point of balancing the folding missile bay launchers to act as gliding wings, she is very close to testing. Currently the prototype is behaving badly..

Would anyone be opposed to me using Damned Robotics in the Dropship? So far it is all self controlled, but those rear engines... man.. they really do need rotation and rotation on the fly. So im experimenting with some moving VTOL engines using hotkeys, working ok so far. I have done this many times before but never intergrated in the same ship. The dropship has intergrated RCS thrusters too, so no need to add them on after.

@Ultrasquid, pick your favourite Droid unit and I will update R2Mechjeb with the new mechjeb 2.0 and also your droid request.

Grabbed this from UltraVires' sig line and did some "improvements". Feel free do do with as you wish.

Very good work DB! I like how you put Kerbin in for the Earth... You deserve an official Eagle Pilots badge! I got this from the show too, all the Eagle pilots had one, so it must be official, right? :cool:

I2cXhyr.png?1

EAGLE PILOTS DO IT VERTICALLY!

Can't wait for the Dropship Devo, I foresee some awesome crashes... for Science!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.