(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

Well, just a small update..

I am a pretty busy person at the moment, I have a few projects I am working through . The current state of the game (with the black screen loading bug) has given me some time to do stuff and forget about actually playing the game. I can't play it like it is now, so I'll just make mods. Hopefully they will fix it soon, I give them another couple of revisions and then I'll prob hang up my hat if they don't fix it. I'm all for new buildings and features but not when it breaks the game so monumentally. I m pretty positive the poor performance is due to the new overhead scene that loads with the new hangars.. just too much detail to load for a pissy in between scene. I used the camera to move around and check the buildings out once and most likely will never do that again, it's a novelty that affects the games performance and is not required. The spaceport overview can be a simple image with icons you click on.. not an overfluffled graphical monster that sucks the memory from your machine.

Anyway rant over, I'm currently working on

* Pegasus X3 release

* Space Eagle update for 0.21

* Update the rest of my mods for 0.21

* Infernal Robotics new pack

* MSI Animator pack

* Extra planetary launchpads for Sky

* Easter Eggs for Kerbtown

So if you don't hear from me or I don't answer a PM, I'm not being rude, I just have my head buried :)

I am a pretty busy person at the moment, I have a few projects I am working through . The current state of the game (with the black screen loading bug) has given me some time to do stuff and forget about actually playing the game. I can't play it like it is now, so I'll just make mods. Hopefully they will fix it soon, I give them another couple of revisions and then I'll prob hang up my hat if they don't fix it. I'm all for new buildings and features but not when it breaks the game so monumentally. I m pretty positive the poor performance is due to the new overhead scene that loads with the new hangars.. just too much detail to load for a pissy in between scene. I used the camera to move around and check the buildings out once and most likely will never do that again, it's a novelty that affects the games performance and is not required. The spaceport overview can be a simple image with icons you click on.. not an overfluffled graphical monster that sucks the memory from your machine.

Anyway rant over, I'm currently working on

* Pegasus X3 release

* Space Eagle update for 0.21

* Update the rest of my mods for 0.21

* Infernal Robotics new pack

* MSI Animator pack

* Extra planetary launchpads for Sky

* Easter Eggs for Kerbtown

So if you don't hear from me or I don't answer a PM, I'm not being rude, I just have my head buried :)

I thought we were supposed to be getting better loading times but as a person who makes plugins alongside with you I've found this to be quite brutal.

Aside from the projects we are working on together I honestly can't wait to see the other stuff (Kerbtown and Extra Planetary Launchpads to be exact).

Yeah, I specifically remember them mentioning how" smooth the new transition from the hangar bay to the launchpad is" but in reality, it takes 10x longer to load.

If they let me reload the database from within the hangar, it would not be so bad but having to spend a f@#$ing minute + everytime waiting for the next scene to load makes me feel like I'm back in 1995 frigging around with floppy disks :( I think they think we are exaggerating the problem, but when they see my video of my current problem, they won't think so..

1. Load the game

2. Click on the hangar , wait 10 seconds of black loading

3. build a ship, click launch, 20 seconds of black loading

4. End flight, return to hangar? another 30 seconds of black loading.

5. Exit the hangar bay HELL NO!! thats another minute of black screen loading.

AND if you are lucky, it actually loads and doesn't crash. This really is the flimsiest release I have seen to date, it makes me lose a significant amount of confidence in squad, both for the fact they won't acknowledge it in the bug tracker (but users have) and also because they took flashy graphics over performance on a game that was already suffering performance wise.

As for the new parts, kerbtown gives me an opportunity to steer away from the norm and make something completely bizarre and unique, and something thats not designed to fly in some way or another.. it is refreshing for a break :)

I think Squad like Microsoft forgot that the Space center screen is like Windows, its not supposed to be flashy, its supposed to load the flashy stuff that you buy or add on or use, its a conduit a tool, not a feature.

I think Squad like Microsoft forgot that the Space center screen is like Windows, its not supposed to be flashy, its supposed to load the flashy stuff that you buy or add on or use, its a conduit a tool, not a feature.

Precisely! I would be happy with a .JPEG file with 5 buttons on it as long as it didn't mean I had to wait so long. The worst part is, it gets worse the longer you play - at the start its 10-20 seconds of black, and after a while it gets to the point where you just close the client and start it again because that's faster.

To enjoy my game, I use the VAB and the SPH about the same amount, so I switch between the two alot, but not anymore. Now I am sort of forced to use one or the other as exiting it and changing buildings puts my PC into some sort of magical trance that it on occasion does not snap out of.

Devo, you are so right of the issues with this update. I wish they would fix this. I mean I'm willing to learn the new way ASAS is done, if the load times are like they are in 0.20.

Almost all the mods I use are ready for the update. But hearing MechJeb is still iffy and the load times, are keeping me away.

Devo, you are so right of the issues with this update. I wish they would fix this. I mean I'm willing to learn the new way ASAS is done, if the load times are like they are in 0.20.

Almost all the mods I use are ready for the update. But hearing MechJeb is still iffy and the load times, are keeping me away.

I just learned the main dev has gone on holidays for a week, so that's an even bigger kick in the guts.

Release a quick fix patch that no one seems to test and then go on holidays... very disappointing to say the least.

Precisely! I would be happy with a .JPEG file with 5 buttons on it as long as it didn't mean I had to wait so long. The worst part is, it gets worse the longer you play - at the start its 10-20 seconds of black, and after a while it gets to the point where you just close the client and start it again because that's faster.

To enjoy my game, I use the VAB and the SPH about the same amount, so I switch between the two alot, but not anymore. Now I am sort of forced to use one or the other as exiting it and changing buildings puts my PC into some sort of magical trance that it on occasion does not snap out of.

Yea, its kinda lame....kinda reminds me of some mod parts that are overly eyecandy =P

I can understand them wanting to improve that scene, but not at the cost of gameplay. I have yet to hang on a load screen, but it does take a very long time to change from VAB/SHP to spacecenter. Hopefully they realize its a mistake and do something about it...

I could say something about the use of Sketchup for KSP deving here..but i wont lmao!!!

Yea, its kinda lame....kinda reminds me of some mod parts that are overly eyecandy =P

I can understand them wanting to improve that scene, but not at the cost of gameplay. I have yet to hang on a load screen, but it does take a very long time to change from VAB/SHP to spacecenter. Hopefully they realize its a mistake and do something about it...

I could say something about the use of Sketchup for KSP deving here..but i wont lmao!!!

Just read this blog and tell my they didn't go a tad overboard. Basically alot of what was done was a work around so it's not surprising the result wasn't as intended.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entry.php/747-The-Making-Of-New-KSC

I have just made the decision to simply go back to 0.20.2 and continue making mods, I will load 0.21 just to make the save .craft and thats it, I don't use it for any other purpose.

Essentially 0.21 has become a 2 gigabyte file converter :)

1. Load the game

2. Click on the hangar , wait 10 seconds of black loading

3. build a ship, click launch, 20 seconds of black loading

4. End flight, return to hangar? another 30 seconds of black loading.

5. Exit the hangar bay HELL NO!! thats another minute of black screen loading.

Just did a test of loading one pod after another, and even hitting "NEW" I get the black screen and several seconds of nothing before I get the "new" screen...

Like you I am reverting back to 0.20.2, just as well I keep copies of all mods as well as older versions..

I noticed this also, but i thought maybe it was me, bc everyone was saying how good .21 run. Now i see its not just me

I see 2 people say how good it is for every 10 that say how bad it is, and the amount of PC's I have tested it on now is a little crazy. Just seeing the new amount of bugs they have created that need fixing in the new bug thread is scary... what on earth did the testing team do? it seems like this time they really missed the ball.

Am I the only one that has it run better and load faster? I never encounter these bugs people keep talking about? Everyone else keeps talking about how bad the update is for reasons that I don't find in the update.

Am I the only one that has it run better and load faster? I never encounter these bugs people keep talking about? Everyone else keeps talking about how bad the update is for reasons that I don't find in the update.

Lucky you. You weren't on the testing team were you? :)

The whole point of this update was really to make the game run better and look better. They updated the screen because it had not had any changes to it (except to add the spaceplane hangar and runway) since the tutorial version was released over a year and a half ago and they thought everyone would like it(I like the day-night cycle, that is helpful). Also one of the main things the new asas does is it makes it a TON easier to fly planes(I landed like 4 out of 6 tries on the runway! :) ) but not so great for rockets. the new way the thing works with the control wheels is a great improvement in realism. However, it does not run better on all machines as planned. It runs better in-flight on mine but the 10-20 second black screens get annoying. Overall this update could have been planned better, but it was going to happen some time in the terms of improving the quality and realism of the game.

@Devo: I love your mods! you do such a great job on them. I really like the animations, and the fact that they typically don't bug out. I can't wait for you to update them(especially the WT-51), but I understand your problems and frustrations with the new update. Anyway, keep up the OUTSTANDING work! :)

Devo if you need to just take a break for while, Please dont burn yourself out. I would rather wait than lose your mods all together. Squad will work out all the bugs eventually. And i know that does not help right now. But maybe later things will get easier for the modders. A stable platform you guys can work from and not be afraid the next update will destroy all your work.

Devo if you need to just take a break for while, Please dont burn yourself out. I would rather wait than lose your mods all together. Squad will work out all the bugs eventually. And i know that does not help right now. But maybe later things will get easier for the modders. A stable platform you guys can work from and not be afraid the next update will destroy all your work.

One handy thing about keeping every single update for the past year, I can always go back when they stuff up :) I was really happy with 0.21.0 (I had no ASAS issues.. nor any other issues...) so to me 0.21.1 was a patch that I didn't need that broke a game that was working for me lol.. so 0.21.0 it is for me for the time being, its not a big deal.

My ships are suffering the new collider syndrome (where rescaled parts are rescaled but the node colliders are scaled 10x their proper size) so when you close a cargo bay, the entire ship falls apart..

So right now I am spending the time re-working the pegasus again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.