[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

or just turn the SAS off a few seconds before first stage sep turning it back on a few seconds after second stage ignition.

Nope, doesn't work. If you fly to orbit with ASAS off, then turn it on while there, the stage will suddenly start spinning like a top. Trimmable SAS might be a good idea though.

Maybe.

....Maybe.

Mostly they come at night.... Mostly.... :cool:

Could it be some weird CoG issue? I also dimly recall that some mod had an issue with radial decouplers imparting rotational forces due to some Unity-related issue with joint processing.... Anyhow, I hope you fix it, BobCat, as these look tremendous.

Another thing, sorry I'm being whiney,

Bobcat, have you considered doing a Zenit rocket? It be fairly easy,as the main stage was based off the side boosters for the energia which you have.the second stage looks like the protons second stage and the third is a Blok D

Bobcat?

(10char)

After all this time, I have managed to find out what was causing the Buran on my computer to have random part failures.

(note: this was all post launch. Pre-launch warp had no effect)

Previous case 1: Decoupler between Buran and Second stage would disconnect from the second stage after a warp.

Previous case 2: The Mir Core Module would disconnect from it's docking port inside of the Buran's cargo bay after warp.

Previous case 3: Same thing with Kvant-2.

I decided to get Hyperedit today to test some stuff, and I got the idea to test the Buran parts while I was at it. Turns out it WAS THE FREAKING STRUTS. I had struts connecting the Mir core to the forward cargo bay part during those linkage failures. I have found out that moving those struts to the rear cargo bay part with the Mir core and Kvant-2 meant no disconnection. I also used struts to connect the Buran to the Second Stage. One strut going from second stage to RCS nose section. One strut each going from the Second stage to a wing. I took those off, and no more disconnection (but the woobles! oh well).

I ran tests to make sure the game didn't fix itself, and sure enough, if I use my old strutting habits, disconnections would happen.

For now it seems I have fixed this issue (but the woobles!), so I'll go ahead and be happy about KSP again (wooooobles!). I'll also like to use this as evidence that Hyperedit is a useful tool for testing stuff out. The current version still works with .20.2, but the creator isn't developing it anymore, and has issued an invite to the public for anyone who would like to take over.

I can finally get back to Kerbal Bear Program.

After all this time, I have managed to find out what was causing the Buran on my computer to have random part failures.

(note: this was all post launch. Pre-launch warp had no effect)

Previous case 1: Decoupler between Buran and Second stage would disconnect from the second stage after a warp.

Previous case 2: The Mir Core Module would disconnect from it's docking port inside of the Buran's cargo bay after warp.

Previous case 3: Same thing with Kvant-2.

I decided to get Hyperedit today to test some stuff, and I got the idea to test the Buran parts while I was at it. Turns out it WAS THE FREAKING STRUTS. I had struts connecting the Mir core to the forward cargo bay part during those linkage failures. I have found out that moving those struts to the rear cargo bay part with the Mir core and Kvant-2 meant no disconnection. I also used struts to connect the Buran to the Second Stage. One strut going from second stage to RCS nose section. One strut each going from the Second stage to a wing. I took those off, and no more disconnection (but the woobles! oh well).

I ran tests to make sure the game didn't fix itself, and sure enough, if I use my old strutting habits, disconnections would happen.

For now it seems I have fixed this issue (but the woobles!), so I'll go ahead and be happy about KSP again (wooooobles!). I'll also like to use this as evidence that Hyperedit is a useful tool for testing stuff out. The current version still works with .20.2, but the creator isn't developing it anymore, and has issued an invite to the public for anyone who would like to take over.

I can finally get back to Kerbal Bear Program.

I had the same problems as you. Sometimes the shuttle would fall off the second stage even before launch when i struttet it. Sure,the wobble is kinda annoying without struts,but at least it holds :D

Bobcat, have you considered doing a Zenit rocket? It be fairly easy,as the main stage was based off the side boosters for the energia which you have.the second stage looks like the protons second stage and the third is a Blok D

And a Zarya spacecraft whilst youre at it :D

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/z/zarya89.jpg

And a Zarya spacecraft whilst youre at it :D

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/z/zarya89.jpg

And a pony! :rolleyes::D

Or a Bear!!

might go into my sig LoL!

So, you still having roll problems BobCat?Have you tried increasing braking force/torque?or simply giving the parts which are spinning some torque?or maybe even a negative torque value to offset the ASAS by a bit?Or maybe the mesh wasnt exactly centered in Unity?