[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Hi, Bobcat, I updated Kliper internal with some basic instruments: http://pastebin.com/JTzENTW1. You can add it to Soviet pack if you wish.

There are also some issues with internals there:

1. PropConfig.cfg files shoud be deleted, those make KSP generate a dummy internal named "INSERT_INTERNAL_NAME".

2. SoyuzOrbital uses the same model as SoyuzTMAOrbital (with a docking window, but not functional). In earlier versions of Soviet pack, SoyuzOrbital internal was without the docking window.

3. Don't kosmonauts put off their helmets and spacesuits when they move to the orbital module? I guess "allowCrewHelmets = false" would be better suited for Soyuz(TMA)Orbital.

@odin_spain, You still haven't said what OS (windows I'll assume) you're on, or which mod you're downloading. However I went ahead and downloaded both packs (soviet and American historical packs), unzipped them using winzip (what I assume is the default zipper in windows) and did not encounter the error you and probably several other people are encountering. This is probably a spaceport issue, which means we are at the mercy of the Spaceport! D:

Thanks, I'm using Windows XP and Kerbal without steam. I usually download a lot of mods from spaceport (like H.O.M.E. or Kosmos) but only your .zip give me a error. It could be about the type of compression? , yesterday I downloaded the last version of 7zip so it´s not about the version.

You don´t know how many people have the same problem now, I only be a % of this people.

Bobcat, can you please upload the craft files of all MIR parts (kristall, core...)? Im trying to build Mir but cant place rcs blocks properly, and if i load files of older soviet pack it says that Mir asas is missing :(

Thanks, I'm using Windows XP and Kerbal without steam. I usually download a lot of mods from spaceport (like H.O.M.E. or Kosmos) but only your .zip give me a error. It could be about the type of compression? , yesterday I downloaded the last version of 7zip so it´s not about the version.

You don´t know how many people have the same problem now, I only be a % of this people.

I've been trying to download the soviet pack and the Kosmos pack all day, the download finishes several megabytes short - always around the 70-80Mb mark.

Thing is, the zip file still functions (but with an "unexpected end to the archive" error) so it might appear to be installed correctly whereas there is several Mb missing.

Possibly a problem to do with SpacePort rather than the file itself?

If you are not sure if your install is working properly, check the size of the file you downloaded - Kosmos pack should be 93Mb, Soviet pack should be 119Mb.

Help please! I have tried to download the Soviet pack from the Spaceport on 3 different machine, only to be told that the file is not a valid zip! I always stalls around 60-70MB mark. This is happening on XP Pro, Vista Home (both 32 bit) and a clean Win 7 Pro 64bit! Argh, loss of hair. Is there another source of the archive aside from 'Spaceport' ? It could be the 'port or it could be our village i'net connection is fouling it up, though I am dubious about the village system as I help maintain it and I can usually grab any file of any size from the net I want. Cheers in advance. OH, the American pack has arrived safe and sound as well as several others (large ones)

Deltac, I mean that the stages on the left simply aren't there, but are in the VAB. And the kerbals in the bottom-hand corner aren't there either. The rest of the UI simply looks glitchy...

Anyway, I looked on BobCat's YT channel and he responded to a comment similar-ish to mine (i.e. Buran crashing the game), saying that he updated the Soviet Pack by changing the texture file. All seems fine now, don't worry.

Is the Soviet Pack going to be updated at some point? It keeps making KSP .21.1 crash on my machine, usually when trying to go from a flight to spaceport to VAB or Tracking station.

It was updated just a couple of days ago to reduce the texture sizes. Take another look at the number of mods you have installed already. You're most likely running up against the 3.5 GB memory limit (or less, if your computer has 4GB of RAM or less installed). That's a limitation of KSP being a 32-bit programme, not BobCat's mod.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

It was updated just a couple of days ago to reduce the texture sizes. Take another look at the number of mods you have installed already. You're most likely running up against the 3.5 GB memory limit (or less, if your computer has 4GB of RAM or less installed). That's a limitation of KSP being a 32-bit programme, not BobCat's mod.

It doesn't help that when I try to download it, as I explained above, sometimes it is 45Mb, sometimes 70Mb or anywhere in between (the file is supposed to be 119Mb), always accompanied by a "unexpected end to the archive" on unzipping.

The download from Spaceport is malfunctioning. Same problem with a fwe other large-ish mods. I cannot download a functional copy of the Kosmos pack or NovaPunch either.

The damaged file does not contain all necessary files, this will be causing a lot of the crashes and other problems.

A little help? Can we get a mirror?

**EDIT**

Owning a windows XP machine with 2Gb of RAM I am very familiar with RAM-associated crashed and problems, this is not that.