[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

On the issue of TAC vs ECLSS support (both of which are fine mods in their own rights), is there a TAC converted version of the soviet parts pack for people wishing to use TAC life support? mostly one that doesnt interfere with TAC's oxygen levels and has the scrubbers setup for TAC instead of the ECLSS ones? having issues with ECLSS after the 0.23.5 update, and TAC has a slightly more active update schedule (also i have heard ECLSS has a small issue of lagging lower end systems, i have not seen this myself, but i am putting a package together for a few people and soviet parts are a must for afew of them, but so is TAC...)

Edited by Guest

Know what. I think some probes should be made. I want the Mars 98, Fobos-Grunt, GLONASS, and a Revised Proton-M. That's good. Oh, and a retextured old Soyuz (like thees:soyuz32.jpg) with an APAS-75 like in the Apollo-Soyuz missions, and a Salyut 6. This being AFTER you get some free time. I don't like to feel greedy. Still, that old Soyuz is due for some updates, and we need a Salyut. Ooh, and the probes. Oh I forgot! Venrera and Vega too! Plz? :D

Edited by Pockrtplanesairways

Old Soyuz would be hard to make, you'd need a completely new ship. It's simply too different. Different RCS, different panels... I'd say, a revised Proton and MIR would be enough for now. Leave probes to MrTheBull.

I said for him to do this when he has free time.

Yes, but it still looks VERY greedy when you post a wishlist that large at a modders thread, even if you don't mean it. And just so you know it, Bobcat has already stated that he will only be maintaining one soyuz, the Soyuz-TMA.

EDIT: You posted eight requests - that's a LOT of parts - and started it all with "I want". You simply do not say "I want". Use something like "It'd be awesome to see a..." or even better, you could throw your requests out with something like this: "For inspiration, if you ever run out of things to do, you could do something like the Venera probes or a Salyut station, or maybe one of the really old soyuz's?"

Edited by wasmic

Yes, but it still looks VERY greedy when you post a wishlist that large at a modders thread, even if you don't mean it. And just so you know it, Bobcat has already stated that he will only be maintaining one soyuz, the Soyuz-TMA.

EDIT: You posted eight requests - that's a LOT of parts - and started it all with "I want". You simply do not say "I want". Use something like "It'd be awesome to see a..." or even better, you could throw your requests out with something like this: "For inspiration, if you ever run out of things to do, you could do something like the Venera probes or a Salyut station, or maybe one of the really old soyuz's?"

Well I'd like at the least, just one update to the old soyuz to make it look like this: 03.jpg Minus the weird windows where the parachutes should be and a landing engine on this too. And a mate docking node.(The soyuz has to have a mate docking node.)

EDIT: I have installed ECLSS but the screens still aren't working in the Soyuz-TMA 2.0. IDK

Edited by Pockrtplanesairways

You don't get it do you? BobCat said nothing new. That means nothing new. Not "I would like at the very least the old Soyuz to be changed to look like this..." When you say 'at the very least', it sounds as if you ordered something from him and he failed to deliver, so you are asking for compensation. That is not the case. BobCat spends his free time making these (absolutely stunning quality) models. He distributes them free of charge so we can use them. You are not paying him, so you have no right to demand anything.

By the way you write, it seems to me that you consider yourself somehow higher than others. If I had made the mistake of posting such a large request list when BobCat said that he will not be making anything new in the near future, as well as starting the list with "I want", I would definately not do what you did and use the phrase "At the very least" in your reply to someone who tells you that what you did is considered rude.

And another thing: that Soyuz that you so insist on getting is not the same version of the Soyuz that BobCat has made. He made the original Soyuz and the -TMA. What you want is something I between the two (I'm not sure which one, but I think it is the ASTP Soyuz. Someone corrected me if it is something different), so re texturing Soyuz to look like it would not make sense.

Now, I've got a great idea! How about you stop pestering BobCat and go learn to use Blender or Sketchup. Then you can make yourself a blue Soyuz, and everyone will be happy! Yay!!!

Well I'd like at the least, just one update to the old soyuz to make it look like this: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal8/7901-8000/gal7935-Soyuz-Kus/03.jpg Minus the weird windows where the parachutes should be and a landing engine on this too. And a mate docking node.(The soyuz has to have a mate docking node.)

Soyuz never flew in white, or green, or purple.

You only see these "naked" models in mockups or museum pieces. Soyuz has always been covered with thermal blankets in flight.

You don't get it do you? BobCat said nothing new. That means nothing new. Not "I would like at the very least the old Soyuz to be changed to look like this..." When you say 'at the very least', it sounds as if you ordered something from him and he failed to deliver, so you are asking for compensation. That is not the case. BobCat spends his free time making these (absolutely stunning quality) models. He distributes them free of charge so we can use them. You are not paying him, so you have no right to demand anything.

By the way you write, it seems to me that you consider yourself somehow higher than others. If I had made the mistake of posting such a large request list when BobCat said that he will not be making anything new in the near future, as well as starting the list with "I want", I would definately not do what you did and use the phrase "At the very least" in your reply to someone who tells you that what you did is considered rude.

And another thing: that Soyuz that you so insist on getting is not the same version of the Soyuz that BobCat has made. He made the original Soyuz and the -TMA. What you want is something I between the two (I'm not sure which one, but I think it is the ASTP Soyuz. Someone corrected me if it is something different), so re texturing Soyuz to look like it would not make sense.

Now, I've got a great idea! How about you stop pestering BobCat and go learn to use Blender or Sketchup. Then you can make yourself a blue Soyuz, and everyone will be happy! Yay!!!

I'm not demanding, smart@$$. I'm politely asking him. But I still would please like to see ONE more update for the old soyuz. I would like a bare one. Since, you know, KSP doesn't have thermal effects YET.

First off, let me express my gratitude for creating such a great mod. I thoroughly enjoy the Soviet pack; it really makes station-building feel more realistic. The Buran continues to be the best shuttle I've flown.

Now, a quick question (this may have been answered earlier in the thread, but the searches I ran came up empty):

I've got a Progress module docked to my MIR with some KAS-attachable parts inside. While on EVA, I'm unable to "open the container" and retrieve these parts. How am I to go about doing that?

Im a big fan of BobCat, so first off THANK YOU BobCat for a wonderfull addition to KSP :)

Now.. ive been away for a bit and came back to have a go at KSP, so its now .23 and various mods dont work (as expected).

But the problem now is, what the duce do i need to get going again?

Ive tryed putting in the soviet pack and it worked out fine, but after adding in the new Soyuz pack the game got messed up, all kerbals (lower right) were missing and the Stages (on the left) allso disappered, and i had no option to start or operate my engiens :S

My question is what do i need and how. I hope you guys can help me and im very sorry for sounding like a noob :S

Im a big fan of BobCat, so first off THANK YOU BobCat for a wonderfull addition to KSP :)

Now.. ive been away for a bit and came back to have a go at KSP, so its now .23 and various mods dont work (as expected).

But the problem now is, what the duce do i need to get going again?

Ive tryed putting in the soviet pack and it worked out fine, but after adding in the new Soyuz pack the game got messed up, all kerbals (lower right) were missing and the Stages (on the left) allso disappered, and i had no option to start or operate my engiens :S

My question is what do i need and how. I hope you guys can help me and im very sorry for sounding like a noob :S

Its probably the ECLSS life support mod try removing the life support plugin and folder and see if that helps