[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

I would be more than happy with the blue (not transparent) windows.

As would I. The fewer dependent plugins the better. :)

will the LEV be more than one piece? The cockpit and the wheels,

Pod, Base, and 6 wheels... also maybe back additional energy generator.

so that we can build versions of the SEV?

I dont think so. LER pod have horizontal orientation. Like DEMV Mk1. Hard to make good SEV.

Pod, Base, and 6 wheels... also maybe back additional energy generator.

I dont think so. LER pod have horizontal orientation. Like DEMV Mk1. Hard to make good SEV.

Any plans on recreating the models for the actual LER Mobile Base?

jsc2010e170275.jpg

P.S. This is amazing, I've been wanting to use the LER for so long now.

Edited by kyle.mk.howard
More compliments

I'm sorry if I missed this, but is the Altair you're making a single-stage reusable lander as opposed to the two-stage configuration most commonly seen? Cause that would be awesome, I've been dying for a good looking reusable lander.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but is the Altair you're making a single-stage reusable lander as opposed to the two-stage configuration most commonly seen? Cause that would be awesome, I've been dying for a good looking reusable lander.

What? Single stage double stage... i dont understand. All be work like IRL,.... exept ATHLETE system.

No problem with non-transparent LER, it's KSP after all. LER wasn't even transparent in 'Moonbase Alpha'.

EDIT: Kvant and other Mir modules are not exactly to scale. It can be fixed by setting rescaleFactor on Kvant-1 to 1.1268 and on TKS based modules to 0.9122 - this makes the diameter of docking compartment on TKS based modules the same as the diameter of Kvant-1, which is ~1.048 of Core module diameter, just as IRL.

Edited by m4ti140

EDIT: Just watched the video and answered my own question, it's a two-stage. Foo. I guess maybe I could do some .cfg edits to turn it into a reusable lander though.

What? Single stage double stage... i dont understand. All be work like IRL,.... exept ATHLETE system.

Single stage as in one engine, one set of tanks. Most of the mock-ups of the Altair lander show a descent stage and a separate ascent stage. (pictured below) However all those show a vertical cabin, yours has a horizontal cabin that looks more like the much later designs near the cancelation of the Constellation program that use a single stage reusable lander that would stay attached to a lunar orbiting station when not on the surface.

327715main_jsc2007e113275_low.jpg

Edited by spawnofbill

EDIT: Just watched the video and answered my own question, it's a two-stage. Foo. I guess maybe I could do some .cfg edits to turn it into a reusable lander though.

Single stage as in one engine, one set of tanks. Most of the mock-ups of the Altair lander show a descent stage and a separate ascent stage. (pictured below) However all those show a vertical cabin, yours has a horizontal cabin that looks more like the much later designs near the cancelation of the Constellation program that use a single stage reusable lander that would stay attached to a lunar orbiting station when not on the surface.

Unfortunately I don't have many sources, but from what I remember, the Horizontal cabin (what bobcat is making) was the earlier design, and the Vertical Cabin is the later design. Not saying they didn't redesign it yet again right before cancellation though :P

The vertical cabin lander was the latest Constellation design reference.

The horizontal cabin that Bobcat has modelled was from the old ESAS/VSE study from 2004, before Constellation.

Actually, horizontal cabin was included in early Constellation drafts. And yes, it was a separate ascent stage.

Unfortunately I don't have many sources, but from what I remember, the Horizontal cabin (what bobcat is making) was the earlier design, and the Vertical Cabin is the later design. Not saying they didn't redesign it yet again right before cancellation though :P

The constant redesigns were one of the contributing factors to why CxP was cancelled.

This pack looks amazing. Hopefully I will get a chance to see the LER/SER and mockup Orion this summer.