[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Wasn't it in the new version of the soviet pack?

And Bobcat, for your next project, what about a very big rocket? The SLS?

The biggest one, of Couse

I'm think bobcat okay with the Aries for now. I'm saw someone work on SLS. Do not know if they still are. Do not remember where. :)

Imo the SLS is kinda drab.

Kinda supprised no one in KSP community has so much as mentioned the DIRECT Jupiter family of (proposed) lifters. They use alot of parts from STS launch system, the main tank (converted a bit) the SSMEngines, the same SRBs. The idea was reliable replacements for the failed Aires project, and cheaper alternative to the SLS family of launchers.

I had actually started making two of the Jupiter launchers...models were ok...but I honestly dont have the texturing skills to make a good 'replica' type pack.

Edited by KhaosCorp

I'm think bobcat okay with the Aries for now. I'm saw someone work on SLS. Do not know if they still are. Do not remember where. :)

Is this the project you were thinking of? The assets all look pretty good, but I think it's inactive at the moment.

Cool Pic is that with a hull camera installed

Yes it's a hull cam strapped on Lunochod. I tried to modify the part.cfg of the rover so it had a camera build in, but didn't manage to orientate the view in the right direction.

I used this camera mod

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/telescoping-hull-camera-2/

Maybe someone knows how to edit it right.

In order to load the either of the included Buran craft files you need the Robotics arm pack AND the lazor.dll.

If your like me and HATE the lazor mod here is what ya do (personaly I wont play on an install thats had that mod installed...even when uninstalled it seems to manage messing up my game....):

Clone your KSP install (stock install would be best)

Load the SovietPack, Lazor Systems, and Robotics arm pack, start the game.

Load Buran, remove arms, resave the craft.

Toss the arms free buran into your main game

PROFIT!!

Would be nice to have versions of these craft that are NOT dependant on having another mod installed just to load......

I actually managed to figure how to get it to work without lazor. I removed a line in the config that causes the part to call on the romfarer dll. This way you only need the arms and not the dll and you can load the buran and the mir. The arms won't work of course but it allows you to load the crafts up without using the lazor system

Imo the SLS is kinda drab.

Kinda supprised no one in KSP community has so much as mentioned the DIRECT Jupiter family of (proposed) lifters. They use alot of parts from STS launch system, the main tank (converted a bit) the SSMEngines, the same SRBs. The idea was reliable replacements for the failed Aires project, and cheaper alternative to the SLS family of launchers.

I had actually started making two of the Jupiter launchers...models were ok...but I honestly dont have the texturing skills to make a good 'replica' type pack.

According to the two minutes of research that I just did, the Jupiter DIRECT launchers were also known as "Ares 2", "Ares 3" and "Ares 5".

Not really. The differences are plentiful. Engines are completely different, for example. I don't think BobCat needs to start an SLS. There's another guy working on one already.

Not sure why but the American pack's .22 version crashes the game during loading either giving me an out of memory error or a invalid command from Mono. But it's not the only one NovaPunch2 has the same problem. And with the Russian pack it crashes in the VAB if I try to leave it other than launching or start a new design if the Soyuz pod is used..

Mods in use otherwise are:

B9 Aerospace, KAS, Kethane, KSPX, KWRocketry, the full Romfarer lazer pack, SDHI.

You're running out of memory. This bug is quite infuriating, but it appears that it should be fixed when the devs update Unity.

And I guess there isn't a setting to allow more then? I have 16 GB of ram to play with.