[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

I have a new question.. one of many to come im sure. Im just now REALLY exploring your work now BobCat. Never tried the pre-made crafts before and im loving it.

I still never got a reply about the tinted windows on a few of the IVA's. And ...the Lunokhod. I could've sword I saw someone post a picture with ramps deployed.. I cant figure it out. Im about to land this little rover on the Mun and so far its looking like im going to have to jump this thing off the lander. Are there ramps I can deploy? I tried about everything there is. This also applies to the Altair/LER lander with the two rovers on top.

I have a new question.. one of many to come im sure. Im just now REALLY exploring your work now BobCat. Never tried the pre-made crafts before and im loving it.

I still never got a reply about the tinted windows on a few of the IVA's. And ...the Lunokhod. I could've sword I saw someone post a picture with ramps deployed.. I cant figure it out. Im about to land this little rover on the Mun and so far its looking like im going to have to jump this thing off the lander. Are there ramps I can deploy? I tried about everything there is. This also applies to the Altair/LER lander with the two rovers on top.

It's an other mod by MrTheBull. Go here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47765-Space-Factory-Ind-%28PPTS-release%21%29

im lost motivation make rovers and home stuff... too much exlellent part already exist. Now im concentrate in historical stuff.

Im try remake Moonbase NASA program and NASA constellation program.

Also im integrate to Soviet and American pack new life support system.

YAY! That's what i wanted to hear!

im lost motivation make rovers and home stuff... too much exlellent part already exist. Now im concentrate in historical stuff.

Im try remake Moonbase NASA program and NASA constellation program.

Also im integrate to Soviet and American pack new life support system.

I hope the life support systems will be optional. I don't really like to use life support mods.

EDIT: Oh, and is the new MPSS Nautilus coming along?

Yeah, I know. Could you hurry up with this? :) I'd probably want to use this on the Soyuz instead of Ioncross. We could perhaps make this a standard for our realism mod.

Yeah, I know. Could you hurry up with this? :) I'd probably want to use this on the Soyuz instead of Ioncross. We could perhaps make this a standard for our realism mod.

Oh trust me, you don't want me to rush it :)

Besides I've already committed all spare time I've got to that project for the past 2 weeks. It's hard to figure out how to do things that has never been done before :)

...that has never been done before :)

Are you absolutely sure no one has tried to make a life support system before?

Troublemaker

Zoxygen

Someone who isn't a Tac using the name TAC

Note: Troublemaker's and Zoxygen are discontinued, I'm just saying asmi needs to either be more specific, or he's wrong about life support never being done before. Done correctly is always the question though :)

Are you absolutely sure no one has tried to make a life support system before?

Troublemaker

Zoxygen

Someone who isn't a Tac using the name TAC

Note: Troublemaker's and Zoxygen are discontinued, I'm just saying asmi needs to either be more specific, or he's wrong about life support never being done before. Done correctly is always the question though :)

How about a life support that works on all vessels, all the time, regardless of wether it's active or not?

How about taking vessel ECLSS resources from the ship once crewmember goes to EVA (and returning unused resources as well as generated CO2 upon return to the vessel)?

How about adding ECLSS-related indicators to IVA?

How about renenerators that work regardless of vessel being active or not?

How about electricity being generated (or not, if vessel is in shadow) regardless of vessel being active or not so that renegerators would be able to work?

Now can you please show me ECLSS mod that does ALL of this? If you will, I'll just recommend BobCat to use it and terminate my own development.

Up until this moment, all I've heard about these things is that they are impossible to do, but that is not what anybody calling himself(or herself) an engineer can say as it's nothing short of confession of incompetence.

Edited by asmi

How about a life support that works on all vessels, all the time, regardless of wether it's active or not?

How about taking vessel ECLSS resources from the ship once crewmember goes to EVA (and returning unused resources as well as generated CO2 upon return to the vessel)?

How about electricity being generated (or not, if vessel is in shadow) regardless of vessel being active or not?

Now can you please show me ECLSS mod that does ALL of this? If you will, I'll just recommend BobCat to use it and terminate my own development.

Up until this moment, all I've heard about these things is that they are impossible to do, but that is not what anybody calling himself(or herself) an engineer can say as it's nothing short of confession of incompetence.

What he said is, that the way you expressed yourself confused him. He said "I'm just saying asmi needs to either be more specific, or he's wrong about life support never being done before. Done correctly is always the question though". No need to sound offended.

What he said is, that the way you expressed yourself confused him. He said "I'm just saying asmi needs to either be more specific, or he's wrong about life support never being done before. Done correctly is always the question though". No need to sound offended.

I'm not offended at all. I'm just saying that BobCat approached me and gave me specific requirements he wanted ECLSS mod to have so he could include it in his pack. If such mod already exist (and I just don't know about it, which is totally possible given the total amount of mods we've got), I'll just recommend him to use it.

And my post was not aimed to take a swing on anyone either, it just lists things that I had to deal with and find a way to implement, that I haven't seen being implemented anywhere else and only listed as "plans". I didn't just tell him that it's impossible, I just busied myself with figuring out a way to do that and succeded.

I'm not offended at all. I'm just saying that BobCat approached me and gave me specific requirements he wanted ECLSS mod to have so he could include it in his pack. If such mod already exist (and I just don't know about it, which is totally possible given the total amount of mods we've got), I'll just recommend him to use it.

And my post was not aimed to take a swing on anyone either, it just lists things that I had to deal with and find a way to implement, that I haven't seen being implemented anywhere else and only listed as "plans". I didn't just tell him that it's impossible, I just busied myself with figuring out a way to do that and succeded.

All right, I'm sorry if I... offended you. Emotions are hard to transmit over the 'web.

How about electricity being generated (or not, if vessel is in shadow) regardless of vessel being active or not so that renegerators would be able to work?

Curiosity-attention-django-meme.jpg

That's a really great list of features. I hope you'll figure those things out soon. It's definitely going to replace Ioncross on my realistic Soyuz for Real Size Kerbin.

That's a really great list of features. I hope you'll figure those things out soon. It's definitely going to replace Ioncross on my realistic Soyuz for Real Size Kerbin.

Everything except IVA is already implemented and as per BobCat (he is one of the testers) works as it should. As for IVA, we can't figure out how to put a panel inside IVA view since I had no experience with IVA whatsoever, but BobCat is trying to resolve that issue as we speak. And he is also doing all the balancing work, to make sure all vessels won't kill their crew right after they leave atmosphere, but at the same time there will be no "magic part" that you need to put on and forget about that problem. All resources will eventually end, and you'll have to replenish them sooner or later.

There are also plans to add collision damage with oxygen leaks that follows, solar radiation, and many other things - but that will follow after we release initial version.

Also some parts of that mod will be released separately as well as frameworks so other mod devs could use it to implement other things that should happen even when vessel is inactive. Imagine Kethane scanner sats that work all the time, or multiple science sats beaming data to your main research vessel which processes it and displays some sort of summary. Hell, even real GPS analogue could be created - the possibilities are endless! I just need to brush it up a bit and prepare for release.

Edited by asmi

There is already a decent GPS mod called Figaro. Also SCANsat already allows use of multiple sats at once for mapping. Can look at those whne ya got around to that bit of your mod.

I for one welcome the idea of Bobcat stuff getting life support, esp if its anything close to how it was described above.