International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

I was wondering, are you just modelling the station parts, or are you ACTUALLY building it in orbit?

It would be amazing if one of you made youtube series of ISS construction in orbit, WHILE you are modelling new modules (on ground).. So, you model one piece, get it to orbit, then you model next module, get it to orbit xD Like in real life. While the actual first mission was going on - taking FGB to orbit, US was building Node1 on the ground. That is how I am building my main KSP station, when I see that something is missing, I model my own modules and send them up =)

Hello. I know this is a little off topic, but I understand that bobcat uses mechjeb2.0. However I my rockets including Soyuz are tipping over in mid flight. What version of mechjeb 2.0 should I use.

**edited to remove profanity generated by yet another off topic and off-thread question.

What just happened here?

"Nothing to see here, move along"

Anyway, Ill be posting some updates of the Cupola tonight when I get home, I have only done half the textures (inside there is alot of gear)

Just a quick question, should the Cupola be a simulated IVA ? I mean the one thing that sucks that we can;t do is travel between the pods like a real space station

(we could if we created a big internal, but even then you are bound to the seat, you still cant get up and walk around)

So the cupola, should it be a component you enter from a hatch and EVA into? or an actual IVA.. I'm not fussed eitherway, its the same model practically, but would

you prefer to have movement freedom in the cupola like real life? or sit and have set camera angles like an IVA?

"Nothing to see here, move along"

Anyway, Ill be posting some updates of the Cupola tonight when I get home, I have only done half the textures (inside there is alot of gear)

Just a quick question, should the Cupola be a simulated IVA ? I mean the one thing that sucks that we can;t do is travel between the pods like a real space station

(we could if we created a big internal, but even then you are bound to the seat, you still cant get up and walk around)

So the cupola, should it be a component you enter from a hatch and EVA into? or an actual IVA.. I'm not fussed eitherway, its the same model practically, but would

you prefer to have movement freedom in the cupola like real life? or sit and have set camera angles like an IVA?

Two words: Crew Manifest

Two words: Crew Manifest

Yeah I played with that, I was more thinking along the lines of actually being in there and moving around, hopefully we will have a better IVA system one day.

I've been watching those Chris Hadley videos, where he talks to students and explains all the cool things aboard the ISS and weightlessness, and the way he moves through the ship is just so cool,

I guess after a while they get the hang of it.. he just glides through it now like its second nature.

I'm not sure how it would be implemented, but would it be possible to do something akin to what is being done in this mod? Hollow structures

I don't know whether at the size that is being worked on at the moment would work if it were to be made hollow, but it might be a consideration

EDIT

slightly off topic, have you seen what chris hadfield said about the ammonia leak on the ISS? A little bit worrying.

Edited by Chimer4

I'm not sure how it would be implemented, but would it be possible to do something akin to what is being done in this mod? Hollow structures

I don't know whether at the size that is being worked on at the moment would work if it were to be made hollow, but it might be a consideration

Do not think so, the parts are mostly done, with IVA's.

I just found Bobcats vids on the ISS and I broke down and cried when I compared it to what I was building.

But anyways, here is a website that I was using to build my station (with stock and some mod parts) that may help you guys out.

http://198.185.178.104/iss/designlayout/des_P14.xml

Is there any info or status on how this proj is going?

I am thoroughly impressed with what I have seen so far.

I think Bobcat showed most of what is already done in his video. Beside the main ISS, and if you want a bit of RP for the ressuply and crew transfer, Bobcat has already Soyuz and Progress in his Soviet Pack, Borklund has Dragon and Falcon 9 in his KerbX Pack and Nutt has done Cygnus (I don't know if he plan on making Antares) and is worling on ATV (once again, I don't know if he plan on making Ariane V). Which already is amazing ^^

Yea, look great, need small scale size from JEM.

All ISS Modellers (those whose details are already present in this video) , send me in PM your mail , and im send compilation ISS parts. Any dissemination of data without my permission is prohibited.

Edited by BobCat

Yea, look great, need small scale size from JEM.

All ISS Modellers (those whose details are already present in this video) , send me in PM your mail , and im send compilation ISS parts. Any dissemination of data without my permission is prohibited.

Will do; I doubt I'll be able to complete Quest's textures, so if someone else wants to take over I can send you the GIMP files.

All it really needs is the bumpmap and some details. It's ready for KSP besides textures, so I hope it's not too much trouble :)

Would you still like my email even though I'm not really a part of this anymore?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.