[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I'm seeing some odd issues, and it seems to be related to KAC. I'm running 0.24, and I've tried in both 32-bit and 64-bit, and the results are the same. When I'm jumping around between ships and the SC (well, really only one ship, because I'm running in career and I'm early on), I'll jump back to a ship and time warp will no longer work. I can't use the hotkeys, and even if I click on the arrows (which light up promisingly), no time warp happens. Once this has happened, if I jump back to the SC, I'm given an odd perspective, and nothing works from there out. I can't click on buildings or anything else.

Also, when looking at the SC screen, if an alarm comes up, and I check the "Delete on close" button/box, it takes me into the VAB or SPH or another building (it seems to be random). This may be what triggers the issue described above, but while I've seen it 5 or 6 times now over the last couple days, I didn't find an obvious way to reproduce it reliably.

I'm seeing some odd issues, and it seems to be related to KAC. I'm running 0.24, and I've tried in both 32-bit and 64-bit, and the results are the same. When I'm jumping around between ships and the SC (well, really only one ship, because I'm running in career and I'm early on), I'll jump back to a ship and time warp will no longer work. I can't use the hotkeys, and even if I click on the arrows (which light up promisingly), no time warp happens. Once this has happened, if I jump back to the SC, I'm given an odd perspective, and nothing works from there out. I can't click on buildings or anything else.

Also, when looking at the SC screen, if an alarm comes up, and I check the "Delete on close" button/box, it takes me into the VAB or SPH or another building (it seems to be random). This may be what triggers the issue described above, but while I've seen it 5 or 6 times now over the last couple days, I didn't find an obvious way to reproduce it reliably.

Wow that is weird. Can you post a log of the 32 bit one doing it next time you see it. I'll try and replicate the behaviour here as well, but will be a little bit - trying to catch up on sleep :)

OK, So from some testing. I know what the second one is - in the SC scene when you click on the delete on close or close button if the button is over a building the game grabs the click before KAC does and thus you enter the new scene instead of cleaning up the alarm. I normally have my default alarm position on the right of the screen and havent really hit that myself.

And with that behaviour maybe it is related to the first one. I havent been able to get it to happen here myself, but perhaps when you are jumping to the ship it is trying to go to the ship and enter a building at the same time and getting very lost. If you can fiddle there, perhaps try ensuring you arent hitting a button and a building at the same time and let me know.

Pretty sure someone has asked about Mods being able to own clicks before, but I'll ask about that one too - at least that would solve the second issue for sure :)

Let me know how you go

EDIT: When I say havent been able to get it to happen - I do end up in buildings instead of the vessel I'm trying to jump to, but havent had the loss of control or wonky SC Camera

The log is at http://pastebin.com/riR27JFK. There's a lot of other mods in there I know, but I've seen this with nothing but KAC, MJ, and blizzy's toolbar installed. I can recreate it with just those if you'd like.

This is what it looked like when I switched to the space center:

http://i.imgur.com/DpQq2JI.jpg

I had the same problem had to uninstall Alarmclock, tried it with stock and only Toolbar+alarmclock and still got it at times. =/

I had the same problem had to uninstall Alarmclock, tried it with stock and only Toolbar+alarmclock and still got it at times. =/

Are you using TextureReplacer? If so, downgrade it to the second most recent version (1.5.10) - I had been having the same issues and downgrading made them all go away. If you can't find the right version, I can provide it.

If you can't find the right version, I can provide it.

Just make sure whatever mods you share allow redistribution via their license. Most do, but make sure you check.

Welcome to the forums! :D

~Claw

Are you using TextureReplacer? If so, downgrade it to the second most recent version (1.5.10) - I had been having the same issues and downgrading made them all go away. If you can't find the right version, I can provide it.

Nope, i'm not.

Nope, i'm not.

Any chance you can try it with just one mod and see how you go? oh and confirm that its happening in 32 bit?

And maybe give me a save file/some detailed steps where it might happen - by PM is cool. I'm really struggling to replicate it and its near on impossible to work out if i cant look at whats happening

Ta

Any chance you can try it with just one mod and see how you go? oh and confirm that its happening in 32 bit?

And maybe give me a save file/some detailed steps where it might happen - by PM is cool. I'm really struggling to replicate it and its near on impossible to work out if i cant look at whats happening

Ta

I just sent you a PM with some more details. I also tested using only KAC and stock, I think it's actually a side effect of the new click through bug, where you can select the VAB or SPH while clicking in a window. I suspect what happens is, when you click "Jump to Ship" and the SPH happens to be behind it (as it usually is for me), it confuses the game, as it tries to scene jump to SPH, and your mod tells it to scene jump to the ship at the same time. It's about 50/50 which one happens but it always causes weirdness.

Edited by severedsolo

I just sent you a PM with some more details. I also tested using only KAC and stock, I think it's actually a side effect of the new click through bug, where you can select the VAB or SPH while clicking in a window. I suspect what happens is, when you click "Jump to Ship" and the SPH happens to be behind it (as it usually is for me), it confuses the game, as it tries to scene jump to SPH, and your mod tells it to scene jump to the ship at the same time. It's about 50/50 which one happens but it always causes weirdness.

Thanks for that, I'll look at it soonish.

For extra info the clickthrough thing has always happened for Mods, I think its just that no mod let you jump at the same time as scene change.

If you dont jump to ship it doesnt happen right?

Thanks for that, I'll look at it soonish.

For extra info the clickthrough thing has always happened for Mods, I think its just that no mod let you jump at the same time as scene change.

If you dont jump to ship it doesnt happen right?

There is a way of preventing click through..... but I don't know what it is.

BTW, work around for click through problems for players. Right click on the button if you're worried about what's underneath.

There is a way of preventing click through..... but I don't know what it is.

BTW, work around for click through problems for players. Right click on the button if you're worried about what's underneath.

From previous investigation (may have changed, it was a long time ago), preventing click through requires Squad to add code in the core game to ignore clicks that are for mods - as the click events hit KSP before the Mod. If its changed and anyone knows how, I'd implement it in a flash :)

All, would be really interested to confirm that this does only happen when you use the JumpToShip Button?

Edited by TriggerAu
punctuation

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm having difficulty understanding how to set a date alarm.

My current time in game is 1y 6d 4h 31m 17s. I want to set an alarm to warp to exactly 0700, so I'm trying to enter this 1y 6d 7h 0m 0s. But when I try to change the 4h to 7h, it stays a 4 and the day changes from 6d to 17d. It happens every time I try. If I try to change the 4 to a 1, the day changes to 7d, but it remains 4h. If I try to change 4h to 2h, it remains 4h but the day goes to 9h and so on.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Are you using Kerbin days or Earth days? Kerbin days are only 6 hours long, so there is no 0700. If the 6d is changing to 17d instead of 7d, that sounds like a bug.

In my defense, I've never claimed to be overly bright. :-P

No, I totally forgot Kerbin has shorter days. How does it work then, would 1 be pre dawn, 2 sunrise, 3 morning, 4 evening, 5 late evening, 6 after midnight or something like that?

I think I figured out my other issue. If I put 1 in the box it advances the day, but if I put 01, 02, 03, etc., it works fine.

In my defense, I've never claimed to be overly bright. :-P

No, I totally forgot Kerbin has shorter days. How does it work then, would 1 be pre dawn, 2 sunrise, 3 morning, 4 evening, 5 late evening, 6 after midnight or something like that?

I think I figured out my other issue. If I put 1 in the box it advances the day, but if I put 01, 02, 03, etc., it works fine.

Pretty sure that 0h is midday - you start the game at 1y 1d 0h and its middle of the day, so 3h would be midnight and the range of stuff in between. <tangent>Hey a dial diagram for that would be cool</tangent>

I am interested in the behaviour you are seeing with changes in numbers. if you are entering a raw alarm using the date option and the boxes are filled 1y 6d 4h 31m 17s if you enter a 7 in the h box it should change that to a 1 and add 1 to the day counter, if its adding 11 days that does sound a bug, but could be caused by something from a while ago.

I have some bug hunting to do tonight so I'll look into this case too

Pretty sure that 0h is midday - you start the game at 1y 1d 0h and its middle of the day, so 3h would be midnight and the range of stuff in between. <tangent>Hey a dial diagram for that would be cool</tangent>

I am interested in the behaviour you are seeing with changes in numbers. if you are entering a raw alarm using the date option and the boxes are filled 1y 6d 4h 31m 17s if you enter a 7 in the h box it should change that to a 1 and add 1 to the day counter, if its adding 11 days that does sound a bug, but could be caused by something from a while ago.

I have some bug hunting to do tonight so I'll look into this case too

Wow, so twelve hours later than us poor humans are accustomed to?

Wait... except that it's not twelve hours because it's Kerbin. Oh hell....

>.< I just deleted an alarm at the top of the list when I rushed to open the alarm chooser window, and I can't remember what it was. Perhaps an option for a confirm delete dialog?

Edit: Oh, wow. Alt+F4 actually worked. Sweet, but obviously I wouldn't always want that as my revert method :P

Edited by Gaiiden

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm having difficulty understanding how to set a date alarm.

My current time in game is 1y 6d 4h 31m 17s. I want to set an alarm to warp to exactly 0700, so I'm trying to enter this 1y 6d 7h 0m 0s. But when I try to change the 4h to 7h, it stays a 4 and the day changes from 6d to 17d. It happens every time I try. If I try to change the 4 to a 1, the day changes to 7d, but it remains 4h. If I try to change 4h to 2h, it remains 4h but the day goes to 9h and so on.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Had a fiddle with the hours entry, etc and it all seems to be working for me. If I enter 7 in the hours box then it advances the day by 1 and sets the hour to 1.

Recorded the below for setting a date alarm like your scenario showing what I see. If you are getting different behaviour then let me know

Space Center Camera Issue and JumpToShip Functionality

There is a fix for this in v2.7.8.0 (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24786-0-24-2-Kerbal-Alarm-Clock-v2-7-8-0-%28July-26%29?p=1305505&viewfull=1#post1305505)

Having spent a little time on this now I reckon I have a handle on whats going on. So heres the short version:

[table][tr][td]

If you click on the JumpToShip button when one of the buildings that doesnt load a new gamescene (AC, MC and R&D) is highlighted it will leave the SpaceCenter Camera in a bad state.

I have not figured any simple way to fix this yet, you will have to decide whether you want to disable the JumpToShip functionality or be careful when you click

[/td][td=width: 640]3N206ttl.png[/td][/tr][/table]

If you wanna some more technical stuff then read on:

Why does this happen?

So there are two things going on here:

1. When you click on a button in any Mod, the game world behind it is also processing the click. This can mean that clicking takes you to VAB, AC or the launch dialogs
  2. The AC, MC and R&D screens are not actually new scenes, they are a graphical overlay on top of the SpaceCenter scene - its still there you just can't see it

When you click on JumpToShip it is changing the gamescene to the flight scene, so if the clicked through building is one with its own scene or a dialog (TS, runaway, LaunchPad, VAB or SPH) the directive to go to flight mode takes us to that mode and the space center scene is left in its normal state.

If however the click through happens on one of the buildings that simply displays a graphical overlay then the game disables the SC controls and displays the GUI for that, then we change scenes to Flight mode. When you return to the SC scene it was left in an unusable state.

How can I avoid it?

You can either disable the JumpToShip Functionality as shown here. or you can pay careful attention to what is listed as the selected building in the lower left corner of the SpaceCenter before you click buttons.

[table]

[tr]

[td]Disabling the functionality[/td]

[td]Note the Hover Text for the Astronaut Complex[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]yNPRq5jl.png[/td]

[td]pH2kAE0l.png[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

But What are you doing?

I'm kicking back on a beach drinking Mimosa's...

OK, maybe that's some wishful thinking :)

• I've asked the question about Mods and click through to see if there is some way that the game could ignore clicks that are destined for a Mod - similar to how something is done in the editor modes currently
  • I'm looking to see if there's a way I can detect whether one of those buildings has been clicked and do something to prevent the issue - either prevent the jump or save the camera

Thanks all for the detailed information so I could figure out whats going on

Edited by TriggerAu

Have you tried disabling the building collider's when your window is moused over, or creating an invisible UIButton background for them? That's how I'd do it

Thanks for the ideas. I have used the invisible button one, I did that for dropdowns in the ARP mod, but from recollection KSP grabs the click before mod code so might not be any good. I'll look at em again