FusTek Parts [.20][Munox, Karmony Modules, Station Parts, Docking Nodes] [19.X]

fusty

Fusty sir! I've discovered a slight issue with the CBM's. Might be by design, unsure. Basically here's what I built:

I'm just wondering if this is by design or indeed something that should work but doesn't, cause the CBM's look and act so much better there.

I'll have to check what is different from my config to the stock clamps config. I thought that behavior was normal for some reason! and annoying!

Pretty pretty pretty please fusty!

Can you make so that the "Common Berthing Mechanisms" actually locks in place straight.

So that the orange things always snap to each other, because that is what I thought this mod was,

Now I am really really depressed.

ecard_marvin.jpg

Edited by SierraKhaar

Pretty pretty pretty please fusty!

Can you make so that the "Common Berthing Mechanisms" actually locks in place straight.

So that the orange things always snap to each other, because that is what I thought this mod was,

Now I am really really depressed.

Sorry to disappoint, if I ever get around to overhauling them (which they sorely need, there are other visual issues with them) I'll work to include this feature. I'm only kind of sure how to "key" the things so they'll work this way, but once I start testing that idea out I'm sure things will fall into place.

Indeed Karriz, though a Munox update is only a few days away! Cargo bays and separate cockpit, passenger compartment sections incoming!

Is this update still on the way ?

I want to thank you for making the common berthing! I made my frist station and the larger connectors saved me a lot of wobble. I was even able to burn it to a higher orbit

Ditto. I use the CBS for everything I build now ... in fact I hardly ever use decouplers for upper stages, replacing them instead with CBS ports. Used correctly it does the same job, only in a more flexible way. For example, in my current moon lander setup I attach the lander with a CBS port (to the orbital module), that is in turn attached to a very large skycrane by way of a similar port. On landing the lander gets rid of the skycrane and is then good to dock back with the orbital module using the now open port on top of the lander.

Thanks again Fusty!

I've been having this issue with your Common Berthing Mechanism, the Active variety. I've been using your docks for my station-building and upon trying to exchange a tug docked to a CBM (both had the same dock- the 2.5m ones) with another module... Well, it simply doesn't undock... I click the button and nothing happens... There are no struts in the way, so I'm like... WTF?!

Any help?

@BananaDealer: Not sure if this is your problem but did you enable "part clipping" in the debug menu? I once had the same problem and it was because one of the docking ports was clipping into something and as a result did not want to detach.

@BananaDealer: Not sure if this is your problem but did you enable "part clipping" in the debug menu? I once had the same problem and it was because one of the docking ports was clipping into something and as a result did not want to detach.

No... Part clipping's not enabled... And the docking port worked before, I've been using the tug to assemble the thing for awhile now...

fusty - just so you know, several of your parts (in particular, the CBM parts, Karmony MKII parts, and K1 truss) set a parameter apparently called "breakintTorque" in their part.cfg file. You may want to fix that if you update anything.

Could be in other things too, those are just the ones I saw in the mod set I have installed (picked them up because I'm writing a spreadsheet importer and they came up in my 'Other' column, which holds non-standard parameters...).

Great parts, anyhow, thanks :)

Very strange report Banana, which size ports did this issue arise on?

Madact, I've been notified, since there is that typo they all revert to the default breakingtorque, which isn't too bad. When I'm finally done with all these classes (in a week) I'll be giving everything I've made a once-over for re-release including a munox cargo-hold expansion.

Very strange report Banana, which size ports did this issue arise on?

Madact, I've been notified, since there is that typo they all revert to the default breakingtorque, which isn't too bad. When I'm finally done with all these classes (in a week) I'll be giving everything I've made a once-over for re-release including a munox cargo-hold expansion.

Glad you haven't given up! You've made some awesome parts.

Aren't finals fun?

Fusty, they were the "standard" CMBs- 2.5 meters, both Active (btw- what's the difference?)...

That's pretty weird, any stangeness upon docking like higher speed than normal collision upon docking? I'm delving into a redo of the CBM's today, and releasing a small Munox update.

Oh, and there is no functional difference between the active and passive. It's just cosmetic in case you wanted to mix things up, or make it seem like there were mating pairs. IRL the active and passive sides of the CBM's (like on the ISS) do behave differently, but I don't even know how to replicate such behavior in KSP, and frankly I wouldn't want to.

No "strangeness" when docking... I docked the Research module for my station to the same port on the station and it docked OK (a bit fidgety with the RCS and it took its' sweet time to "mate", but I tally that to MechJeb)... I don't intend to undock it to find out if it's gonna work this time round...

Yay payload capability! I've actually been looking for something like this (a lopsided part that would allow for payloads to be mounted on my O.R.C on launch)...

It's not a very big cargo bay, but it should allow for some fun!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.