Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

Hi there random tank yes i have read the guide

when ever i do press seven it does engines reversed and so forth but how do i do it manually?

I'm going to release an instructional video on the subs, likely tomorrow, check it out I'll try to cover everything essential.

Hi there random tank yes i have read the guide

when ever i do press seven it does engines reversed and so forth but how do i do it manually?

Sorry, they aren't on the bottom, that's the keel. You have to right click on the middle section, where the probe is/would be, that will allow you to control it manually. 7 only reverses the propulsion for the engines, clicking that won't make the sub dive (I hadn't checked the action groups on the new one, I was trying to remember how the R4 mini-sub worked).

You will have to fill the ballast tanks by right clicking and activating it manually, or by pressing 4 (don't overdo it, or it will sink to fast) to make it sink, then activate auto neutral by right clicking on the probe holder and activating it or pressing 2. It should make it self level or very near to it, then you can press 6 to activate the engine and move about. It does say all that in the guide though, as it works the same as the big naval submarine.

I was never very good at getting the small one to stay level when moving, so i'd wait ID's video guide on it to tell you the tips and tricks, as he's the pro!

Here is the info to update the Skillful hardPoints. So if your planes are going SLOW... do this.

Here is an updated file for boatparts... Just unpack it and put it in the R3/plugins folder... copy over the old file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82...it?usp=sharing

Now for Skillful in the parts folder find the folder for the hardpoint.... Called IDHardPoint

edit both the CFGs' to include:

bypassACPart = true

So the idFloatCode module should look like this:

MODULE

{

name = idFloatCode

floatBypass = true

coefDragInWater = 1.05

bypassACPart = true

}

I'll update the primary downloads soon.

One cause for exploding/disassembling ships seems to be the FAR mod. For some reason it's picking on the sub and not the carrier - so it seems. Until I find a way around it, or talk with Farram to build an exception to parts that are boatparts I suggest just turning the FAR structural failure stuff off if you want to use FAR for aerodynamics on aircraft.

I'll keep you posted if something changes.

Edited by InfiniteDice

So...what about this problem that i posted a page ago? I dont have FAR.

I have a bug to report. I played on a clean save with BoatParts r4.5, skillful 1.whatever its the newest one downloaded it right after boatparts, and hot rockets (only edits the engine effects of stock, shouldn't cause any kinds of problems with skillful and boatparts)

So what happened was, i launched the carrier (i took away the rudder in the front middle section, it caused it to turn slower) and then landed and docked the r5 WASP and SHARK. i then undocked the shark, and when i switched to it to take off, the carrier disappeared, and the plane was left floating for a second. Then the carrier exploded at the bottom of the ocean creating 100 pieces of debris, and the plane fell into the water. Any ideas?

So...what about this problem that i posted a page ago? I dont have FAR.

Were your aircraft wheels clipping the deck when you decoupled? that would cause that carrier part to explode. I'll run a couple tests of course but that's what first comes to mind.

Were your aircraft wheels clipping the deck when you decoupled? that would cause that carrier part to explode. I'll run a couple tests of course but that's what first comes to mind.

I wasn't paying attention to the wheels, but i believe they were not clipping. I tried to replicate this yesterday with just the carrier and shark and it didnt happen. Maybe it was because i had two crafts on the shore when it actually happened or something. If it happens again ill make sure to take everything into account when observing it. I'll try to replicate the situation as exact as i can later

EDIT: and it wasnt just the one part. The whole carrier teleported to the bottom of the ocean and disintegrated.

EDIT 2: and im sorry if i sounded rude and demanding. It's just you always seem to skip my posts about problems and i was having a bad day the other day. Sorry. 'Tis all good? :)

Edited by Endersmens

I wasn't paying attention to the wheels, but i believe they were not clipping. I tried to replicate this yesterday with just the carrier and shark and it didnt happen. Maybe it was because i had two crafts on the shore when it actually happened or something. If it happens again ill make sure to take everything into account when observing it. I'll try to replicate the situation as exact as i can later

EDIT: and it wasnt just the one part. The whole carrier teleported to the bottom of the ocean and disintegrated.

EDIT 2: and im sorry if i sounded rude and demanding. It's just you always seem to skip my posts about problems and i was having a bad day the other day. Sorry. 'Tis all good? :)

Yep same for me.(sometimes)

It's fine... I see all the posts trust me.

Priority #1 is the issue with FAR and the subs. You can't even launch a sub with FAR installed and it seems to be because of my dandy inverted water plane. So I've had to spend like a few hours already swapping all the code to another module outside the parts itself... this way FAR can't touch it. Very annoying and time consuming.

Checking on the carrier and aircraft will be next on the list.

It's fine... I see all the posts trust me.

Priority #1 is the issue with FAR and the subs. You can't even launch a sub with FAR installed and it seems to be because of my dandy inverted water plane. So I've had to spend like a few hours already swapping all the code to another module outside the parts itself... this way FAR can't touch it. Very annoying and time consuming.

Checking on the carrier and aircraft will be next on the list.

Alright. Thank you. and i understand about annoying. I get annoyed at kOS code. No doubt that what you're doing is much more difficult and frustrating. Just know i appreciate what youre doing

I seem to have solved the FAR - submarine issue... at the same time I managed to make BoatParts a bit better.. now everything in the game will get the under water layer. I'll update the download yet again... first I need to check on the carrier/aircraft issue...

I seem to have solved the FAR - submarine issue... at the same time I managed to make BoatParts a bit better.. now everything in the game will get the under water layer. I'll update the download yet again... first I need to check on the carrier/aircraft issue...

It kinda happened again. Sorta. Once i launched the aeris 3a, and crashed it, and reverted to launch and the carrier sitting offshore exploded. Then today. i crashed a tiny VTOL into the runway, and the probe was destroyed and it switched to the carrier, only to reveal the remains of an upside-down exploded carrier, and parts of it were on the bottom of the shore. Also, when this happened, i could no longer revert, or reload, or exit at all. I was forced to Alt+F4. Dont know if that helps you hunt it down or not. But. yeah. Hopefully it didnt autosave before i exited so that when i reload KSP the carrier is still there.

Also, please do know that when i report these bugs i have no hard feelings for you about them at all. sorry if it sounds that way. Now im trying to help you by reporting any details about it that i can.

It kinda happened again. Sorta. Once i launched the aeris 3a, and crashed it, and reverted to launch and the carrier sitting offshore exploded. Then today. i crashed a tiny VTOL into the runway, and the probe was destroyed and it switched to the carrier, only to reveal the remains of an upside-down exploded carrier, and parts of it were on the bottom of the shore. Also, when this happened, i could no longer revert, or reload, or exit at all. I was forced to Alt+F4. Dont know if that helps you hunt it down or not. But. yeah. Hopefully it didnt autosave before i exited so that when i reload KSP the carrier is still there.

Also, please do know that when i report these bugs i have no hard feelings for you about them at all. sorry if it sounds that way. Now im trying to help you by reporting any details about it that i can.

Is this the stock carrier... did you change anything on it?

I did absolutely nothing to this carrier. I did dock a shark, and a modified BAT to it. The BAT, i just added the landing system and the docking port.

EDIT: which btw, it wouldnt be a bad idea to make the aircraft from skillful have the landing system and docking port. Its not that hard to add them ourselves, but maybe in the next update if you have time you could do that. Just a suggestion. :)

I did absolutely nothing to this carrier. I did dock a shark, and a modified BAT to it. The BAT, i just added the landing system and the docking port.

EDIT: which btw, it wouldnt be a bad idea to make the aircraft from skillful have the landing system and docking port. Its not that hard to add them ourselves, but maybe in the next update if you have time you could do that. Just a suggestion. :)

After the 0.23.5 update there have been nothing but problems with the carrier staying together at strange moments. I'm seeing it come apart under time compression, aka 'warp'. Not sure what's causing this... more commonly I see parts of the carrier misaligned like they are being pulled or pushed around.

I'll see if I can pinpoint it, but for now there isn't much I can do. Be sure to save a lot I suppose!

I tested for 2 hours last night (See picture below) I didn't have any issues docking/un-docking or using the carrier. Until I tried to travel at 2x warp, then it fell apart, so much for indestructible 0.23.5 joints!

ie4a9w.png

After the 0.23.5 update there have been nothing but problems with the carrier staying together at strange moments. I'm seeing it come apart under time compression, aka 'warp'. Not sure what's causing this... more commonly I see parts of the carrier misaligned like they are being pulled or pushed around.

I'll see if I can pinpoint it, but for now there isn't much I can do. Be sure to save a lot I suppose!

I tested for 2 hours last night (See picture below) I didn't have any issues docking/un-docking or using the carrier. Until I tried to travel at 2x warp, then it fell apart, so much for indestructible 0.23.5 joints!

http://i60.tinypic.com/ie4a9w.png

Yes i have noticed the misalignment. Also, in your testing, were you using skillful with it? i believe it is skillful that is doing this. I added turrets to the carrier and the bow was completely misaligned. I took them off and loaded the stock carrier and it was all good. Although the time the whole carrier teleported i had only docked the r5 wasp and shark. I dont believe i changed anything besides removing the rudder towards the front of the carrier.

Another small bug i've noticed, with the large propellers, when i turn them off using the 6 (i think) action key, the animation and sound stop, but the carrier still accelerates as if they are on. It's not a big deal. Also there is no action group to reverse the engines, but the carrier does seem to decelerate faster in the water so idk if there is a need for this.

I added turrets to the carrier and the bow was completely misaligned.

wCcztPs.jpg

I didn't have a problem with turrets on my carrier...

It does hate the CoM shift though, causes it to steer slightly, so I fixed this with weight added internally; also (as shown), that thing weighs just a shy under 800t, and with the standard 6 engines it only goes 22m/s. I'd like it to go faster, but I can't really add any more engines as it causes the bow to fly out the water like its a frikking speed-boat, even if I only put the additional engines at the front... :(

Also, docking my 16t amphibious fuel/ammo transporter on the left/right hand side of the ship causes it to roll to lovely 30 degree angle, which is annoying to say the least; I know I can dock it in the middle, but why is it doing this? I've seen piccy's of your carriers with a plane only on one side, and they must weigh at least 7t, so why is 16t affecting it so much? :huh:

http://i.imgur.com/wCcztPs.jpg

I didn't have a problem with turrets on my carrier...

It does hate the CoM shift though, causes it to steer slightly, so I fixed this with weight added internally; also (as shown), that thing weighs just a shy under 800t, and with the standard 6 engines it only goes 22m/s. I'd like it to go faster, but I can't really add any more engines as it causes the bow to fly out the water like its a frikking speed-boat, even if I only put the additional engines at the front... :(

Also, docking my 16t amphibious fuel/ammo transporter on the left/right hand side of the ship causes it to roll to lovely 30 degree angle, which is annoying to say the least; I know I can dock it in the middle, but why is it doing this? I've seen piccy's of your carriers with a plane only on one side, and they must weigh at least 7t, so why is 16t affecting it so much? :huh:

Well i added turrets to the deck, and ammo underneath. There were two 14 inch ammo risers on the bow, the piece that was misaligned.

Heya! Weird question:

Is there a way that I can make my boat space-worthy? Thing is, I'm trying to make a Space Super-Carrier but when I HyperEdit it into space (screw actually trying!), it orients itself as if it were in water. Is there something to disable that and make it respond to SAS/RCS? It's looking really awesome and I'd love for it to work so I can actually use it as a command station and dock space fighters to it.

Heya! Weird question:

Is there a way that I can make my boat space-worthy? Thing is, I'm trying to make a Space Super-Carrier but when I HyperEdit it into space (screw actually trying!), it orients itself as if it were in water. Is there something to disable that and make it respond to SAS/RCS? It's looking really awesome and I'd love for it to work so I can actually use it as a command station and dock space fighters to it.

I just uploaded a new update to Curse for both BoatParts and Skillful.

The sub will now launch with FAR. - Also as a new benefit to the issue being resolved all vessels and kerbals now have the under-water layer.

DarkLaser72... I think so, if you change the module for idFloatCode to this for the bow, stern and quarterhull sections, also disable move to water on the con-tower. It should then launch to the runway and not have any forces on it. Good luck and post pics in the thread!

MODULE

{

name = idFloatCode

floatBypass = true

coefDragInWater = 1.05

bypassACPart = true

}

Awesome! I'll test it tomorrow and report back on the results - basically if that worked or not. I've got other mods installed as well, so get ready to see a tricked out super-carrier bristling with armaments ;)

Is there a specific reason i found a couple ICBM's in a .zip file inside R4 parts. should i put them back in there or does it not matter. they look like fairly well power missiles from the .cfg files.

edit1: sorry bout that there is only one ICBm in there the other one is the tube roller.:huh:

Edited by KerbCo
did not looked before i leaped

Is there a specific reason i found a couple ICBM's in a .zip file inside R4 parts. should i put them back in there or does it not matter. they look like fairly well power missiles from the .cfg files.

edit1: sorry bout that there is only one ICBm in there the other one is the tube roller.:huh:

Those are antiquated, the code has been changed over to the other mod Skillful. Likely I packed and forgot about them, thanks! :)