Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

O

I tried adjusting stuff, bring up gears and releasing, all that stuff. Nothing helped. What's going on?

Every part says "WakeFX=false" and I see no wakes.

Carrier rodeo again. I guess technically the plane survived, after a few minutes the carrier calmed down. But I would not call that safe by any means.

1) docking on the flight deck use armed = false and a distance setting of 9 or so. Docking on the storage deck, or inside ship use armed and slide the distance bar till it connects. It changes depending on what part you are connecting it to.

2) only the carrier bow has the wakefx right now, and it's not 100% :)

3) I never guaranteed no rodeo. Only that the plane will not be destroyed. I tested it about 20 - 30 times and it always came out safe for me. Your plane seems to have lots of bendy... lol the more loose the plane and the heavier the plane, the more rodeo you get... consider it free entertainment k_smiley.gif

1) docking on the flight deck use armed = false and a distance setting of 9 or so. Docking on the storage deck, or inside ship use armed and slide the distance bar till it connects. It changes depending on what part you are connecting it to.

2) only the carrier bow has the wakefx right now, and it's not 100% :)

3) I never guaranteed no rodeo. Only that the plane will not be destroyed. I tested it about 20 - 30 times and it always came out safe for me. Your plane seems to have lots of bendy... lol the more loose the plane and the heavier the plane, the more rodeo you get... consider it free entertainment http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/smilies/k_smiley.gif

1) They were already on those settings, and I changed them around, moved all the sliders, released (which threw the plane about 4 meters up) and reconnected, nothing helped. I'll try again alter and report every detail.

2) Oh, ok. I'll go see then. :)

3) How did you get it to where the plane didn't blow up? Cause all of physics says mine shoulda snapped and exploded. :sticktongue:

Can't wait till I have 6 planes on deck and 4 underneath.... :rolleyes:

I've noticed that there's a compatibility issue between Boat Parts and BDArmory. Whenever you launch using the Stability Enhancers they will respawn once you're about 11km away from them. It's possible to collide with them as well depending on how fast you're moving at the time. If it's too slow, they tend to hang around:

SecUwCul.png

I've tested this on a clean install (x86) and it seems easily reproducible. The issue consistently occurs on entirely stock craft as long as both mods are installed. I'm guessing it happens because Boat Parts uses the Skillful Combat's damage model and Bahamuto's uses a conflicting one. If that's the case, is there any way to make Boat Parts compatible by removing a plugin? I'd hate to have to uninstall one of them.

I've noticed that there's a compatibility issue between Boat Parts and BDArmory. Whenever you launch using the Stability Enhancers they will respawn once you're about 11km away from them.

Honestly I don't know what the issue would be in this case. I wouldn't imagine his code would be affecting the Stability Enhancers.... are those the stock vertical support thingies?

I can look into it.

That doesn't help the issue of not being able to use the stock carriers.

Are you referring to versions of the vessels older than the currently released stock carriers?

If that's the case the old engines are gone yes.

You'd need to edit the craft file. Just search for turbine and 1) remove all parts that are turbines and 2) remove all connection references to those parts you just removed.

That will allow it to load, then just add the new props.

Chances are if you are using crafts that old that they won't likely work anymore as many things in the code have been re-made.

Are you referring to versions of the vessels older than the currently released stock carriers?

If that's the case the old engines are gone yes.

You'd need to edit the craft file. Just search for turbine and 1) remove all parts that are turbines and 2) remove all connection references to those parts you just removed.

That will allow it to load, then just add the new props.

Chances are if you are using crafts that old that they won't likely work anymore as many things in the code have been re-made.

I'm referring to the stock carriers, since I can't load those.

I'm looking forward to the new ship hulls in Dice's new video:

Skillful Land & Sea Defense - Automated Slugfests!:

Never mind guns, I want to put a helipad on the back and some KAS and robotics gubbins on them - real research & exploration vessels. It should go well with KerbinSide, as there'll be multiple sites to interact with.

The idea of using BurnTogether to control a carrier fleet (carrier plus, say, two of these) is rather nice also.

Edited by colmo

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha, glad to meet u my comrade, i got surprised of your mod, i really liked it, its fascinating, i was having a thought if only u can transform it into boat parts just like infinite dice done it. it gives me a memory since i embark to work inside kuznetsov last year..if only u can make it bigger because as far as i remember its monstorous, its survive long years of work before the downfall of our great soviet empire..do u even know the big secret in it? i remember before they was planing it more big more like monster, carry 2 big antonov planes in it..hahahaha :D

hahaha, glad to meet u my comrade, i got surprised of your mod, i really liked it, its fascinating, i was having a thought if only u can transform it into boat parts just like infinite dice done it. it gives me a memory since i embark to work inside kuznetsov last year..if only u can make it bigger because as far as i remember its monstorous, its survive long years of work before the downfall of our great soviet empire..do u even know the big secret in it? i remember before they was planing it more big more like monster, carry 2 big antonov planes in it..hahahaha :D

I have the Admiral Kuznetsov scaled to Kerbals. Walk around as just a Kerbal, you see how monstrous the size is. Honestly, I thought I had made it too big. Also I cross scaled the Kuznetsov to the USS Nimitz; the Kuznetsov shorter then the Nimitz. I'll think about reworking my model to work with ID boat parts. Currently I'm working with my Kara Class Cruiser for BD Armory and cross modded for ID boat parts to test my Harpoon missile. I'm modeling some Russian missiles too.

I have the Admiral Kuznetsov scaled to Kerbals. Walk around as just a Kerbal, you see how monstrous the size is. Honestly, I thought I had made it too big. Also I cross scaled the Kuznetsov to the USS Nimitz; the Kuznetsov shorter then the Nimitz. I'll think about reworking my model to work with ID boat parts. Currently I'm working with my Kara Class Cruiser for BD Armory and cross modded for ID boat parts to test my Harpoon missile. I'm modeling some Russian missiles too.

Oh, very nice comrade, looking forward to see your mods..i got very excited for the Kuznetsov.haha :D ,..oh! if you can build sukhoi please say to me, maybe if u cooperate with this guy's pack..http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/17081-0-17-RedStar-co-op-Airplane-parts-v0-4-1 ..awesome

Edited by Vladimir KerKamarov

The Russian carrier was a good choice! The silly ramp on the end of it does feel very Kerbal like. XD

"Catapults? Now where is the fun in that?"

Back to the thread though, I can't wait to see what the final product will be Infinite! As innovative as ever!

Edited by Avalant

The Russian carrier was a good choice! The silly ramp on the end of it does feel very Kerbal like. XD

"Catapults? Now where is the fun in that?"

Back to the thread though, I can't wait to see what the final product will be Infinite! As innovative as ever!

The ramp on the end is fun :)

Yes, I certainly don't mean to take over Infinite's thread.