Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

hey umm does anyone know the mod that sorts out the vab ect so its bigger for the camera or is it no longer required ?:confused:

It is already integrated with the newest boat parts... He and Snjo did it. Use shift plus move the mouse:D

Dice, could you make the carrier parts longer so that we don't have to have a massive part count. :)

Won't need to if the joint stiffening fix will be with KSP in 0.24 The Narwhal has roughly 60+% of its parts struts.

Im a wee bit confused about the mod ,is it compatible with skillful or is it still a work in progress? Alos is it compatabile with Snjo's firespitter mod?

Wait nvm reread the first page. Also suggestion ,when a the mod becomes compatible with skillful do you thik you'll make it so that a severely damaged boat will sink partially into the water?

Edited by Frostbenjamin

Look at the dates, this has been out for a long time. It is not updated for 0.23.5 nor is it updated for Skillful.

As an update I ran some tests last night on my workup for R5, mostly good. The joint stiffening... I suppose it's in ARM but it's not strong enough for the carrier in all places, still need super struts in about a dozen places. I think we're still looking at ~100 parts for a carrier.

New float code seems to be working well, I am not seeing any falling/jumping in the water even with an aircraft attached... no exploding bits of planes anywhere.

The sub was a nightmare to re-balance I think it's close.

I'm thinking I'll release an R4.5 - essentially an update for basic skillful support, and ARM update compatibility. R5 would still be a few weeks off.

If you haven't done so already, can you make sure the 45m carrier deck has a tech tree node assignment? Its easy enough to edit in, but the plebians might appreciate it.

Can't wait to break the backs of real carrier fleet :)

Look at the dates, this has been out for a long time. It is not updated for 0.23.5 nor is it updated for Skillful.

As an update I ran some tests last night on my workup for R5, mostly good. The joint stiffening... I suppose it's in ARM but it's not strong enough for the carrier in all places, still need super struts in about a dozen places. I think we're still looking at ~100 parts for a carrier.

New float code seems to be working well, I am not seeing any falling/jumping in the water even with an aircraft attached... no exploding bits of planes anywhere.

The sub was a nightmare to re-balance I think it's close.

I'm thinking I'll release an R4.5 - essentially an update for basic skillful support, and ARM update compatibility. R5 would still be a few weeks off.

That would be the best idea to keep the community happy

I was also wondering if maybe the carrier parts could be given a super sized attachment node (custom coded in) with an extremely high strength that might fix the issues with flexing.

I was also wondering if maybe the carrier parts could be given a super sized attachment node (custom coded in) with an extremely high strength that might fix the issues with flexing.

The carriers nodes are already crazy high, like 1e37 or something silly. The size of the node doesn't impact it's strength it's more for a visual queue.

The carriers nodes are already crazy high, like 1e37 or something silly. The size of the node doesn't impact it's strength it's more for a visual queue.

Ah, my mistake

Will the R4.5 release have transferred the tridents and mines to Skillfull?

If you haven't done so already, can you make sure the 45m carrier deck has a tech tree node assignment? Its easy enough to edit in, but the plebians might appreciate it.

Can't wait to break the backs of real carrier fleet :)

Glad to see another Patrician here

Ah, my mistake

Will the R4.5 release have transferred the tridents and mines to Skillfull?

No - Tridents are already in skillful. I'll have to test but mines might be excluded from boatparts and added to a future Skillful release. Still to be determined.

No - Tridents are already in skillful. I'll have to test but mines might be excluded from boatparts and added to a future Skillful release. Still to be determined.

Lol guess I missed an update oh well keep up the good work you rock!

The 4.5 update is moving along - slowly as I'm squashing Skillful bugs and taking it easier for a while in general.

Some items will not be updated, and possibly not return to the mod, some were only meant to be placeholders.

2lkfsbr.png

All weapons like the trident and micro-sub mines will be available in Skillful. The micro-sub release in Boatparts will be released with a detachable 'something' to fill that void.

Above are the new props for the carrier. 4 of these will give the included carrier about 30m/s.

2rd9cu8.png

Later guys.

Edited by InfiniteDice

Can we please get a hint on the warship hull

Battleship or destroyer/ missile cruiser

Not entirely sure, but i thought this was kinda a sneak peek

2cijll5.png

k15qbq.png

I'm assuming these are the battleship hulls he was talking about. He posted those in the Skillful thread a while back.

FYI:

I've managed to hurt my back in a minor way... nothing permanent. It makes sitting for more than 30 minutes uncomfortable so I'll likely be taking it easy on modding for the next few weeks. So I don't want to see things like ID hasn't posted in three days! What will happen to his mods! :) I'm slowly working on BoatParts to get it working and rebalanced. Re-balancing all the parts and re-building all the crafts and then testing them is time consuming. Be assured it will be updated on spaceport soon and I'll make note of the update in this thread.

Later guys!

Note on the above images. Yes that's the hull. I didn't model it off any battleships but it's the size of a battleship :) I simply call the parts R5 Warship Hull etc. I suppose based on how you arm it it could be a battleship or a cruiser.

FYI:

I've managed to hurt my back in a minor way... nothing permanent. It makes sitting for more than 30 minutes uncomfortable so I'll likely be taking it easy on modding for the next few weeks. So I don't want to see things like ID hasn't posted in three days! What will happen to his mods! :) I'm slowly working on BoatParts to get it working and rebalanced. Re-balancing all the parts and re-building all the crafts and then testing them is time consuming. Be assured it will be updated on spaceport soon and I'll make note of the update in this thread.

Later guys!

Note on the above images. Yes that's the hull. I didn't model it off any battleships but it's the size of a battleship :) I simply call the parts R5 Warship Hull etc. I suppose based on how you arm it it could be a battleship or a cruiser.

get well soon man

and will the warship hull have missile silos?

Hi, I just installed this mod because it looks awesome. But now I have an issue, the "moving to water" thing keeps on causing the ships to explode either into the nan kraken or into deep space. Any fixes for this?

Please read the manual. It tells you ways to fix that.

Please read the manual. It tells you ways to fix that.

The solution there is for the ship spawning too high? That's not my issue. The manual seems to say that the fix for getting stuck in the void is "coming soon". Could other mods be the cause?

The solution there is for the ship spawning too high? That's not my issue. The manual seems to say that the fix for getting stuck in the void is "coming soon". Could other mods be the cause?

Well it also says that all the problems come from the computer lagging too much. Try setting the launch to water timer up more.