Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

Yeah, I guess you're right, maybe I'll try, I'll definitely at least edit the narwhal, and add some more slots on the deck, and remove 2 lifts (sorry InfiniteDice, but 3 is a bit too many for me, at least with only the 1, I can fit 3 more aircraft on deck.)

Better get the hangar expansion mod...Double hull sounds cool, and maybe I won't fail, granted I have my own carrier worthy plane, the shoehorn. Might just download yours Capt., if you post a link, I saw your post, and seriously it looks epic!

The expansion mod is the only way to go. And in regards to double hulls... start with the bottom and work up, with part clipping on of course.

And yeah, I left a dropbox link a page back. The ship is quite unfinished, though seaworthy and will take a b-9 strugatsky (spelling?) without destroying the deck... that's not saying you can successfully land and stop that big craft, just that it will take the brunt of the landing without damage.

t48.png

Took 3 direct plane hits to get her down but she finally went, hey infinite, how can we tell how much flooding has occured in pieces such as the over hang storage and the hanger area?

Here's a double width catamaran style one:

screenshot7_zpse0de1c7a.png

All center elevators are currently in the down position, but raise up to make one complete deck surface.

EDIT: Here's some more.

screenshot14_zpseb485406.png

screenshot15_zps04715986.png

screenshot16_zps9c4e8a40.png

screenshot17_zps990cf6c9.png

Edited by BubbaWilkins

hey infinite, how can we tell how much flooding has occured in pieces such as the over hang storage and the hanger area?

You could build a dummy ship with a floating hull a tower and then any part you want to test...

Right after launch right click the tower and check the vessel mass. then when the part in question floods you check the mass again at the tower.. it'll have increased by the flood amount.

I have begun work on a new class of carrier. It's the Confed if you can't land it here, you need to fly for the Air Force class Carrier.

r612Y34.jpg

I'm figuring out better ways of linking the two hulls without them being on top of one another... Progress, yes, making progress.

Jesus you guys are pushing the limits. This and Bubbawilkins carrier are really massive.

You could build a dummy ship with a floating hull a tower and then any part you want to test...

Right after launch right click the tower and check the vessel mass. then when the part in question floods you check the mass again at the tower.. it'll have increased by the flood amount.

Ah! thank you I did not think of that idea!

e9yc6w.png

'It's like shooting fish in a ba.....' Oh what? What???

[suddenly over the radio...]

"Hostile Radar Contact, we are tracking your aircraft, we have eliminated your pesky lack-of-skill guided weapon and if you don't eject from your aircraft immediately - we'll have to shoot you down as well. Please try not to break your neck on the way down... This is Captain Jeb of the KSVN TargetShip! I know, I know, the very name incites attack... :) "

Just to give you a size comparison... My latest is 6 decks in length.

This is my newest (the one in the picture) and my first double hull.

CF2dmzS.jpg

is it posible to make a triple deck :)

Did you put the VADS system on your carrier?? That is an awesome pic!!

P.S.

in case your not familiar with VADS...its rather a sight to behold.

O_______O enough said.

Also school is out tomorrow so I can have all day to build up a fleet. Perfect timing!

Edited by SGT_RIZZO300

is it posible to make a triple deck :)

Sure, only if your machine can handle absurdly high parts counts. My basic hull was already 120 parts and is only 3 base hull sections long. Making it actually craft functional would probably take another 50 parts for supports, docking, etc. My machine doesn't like anything more than 250 parts in size.

I edited the narwhal, now has 6 (maybe 5) slots on the deck, 1 lift, and 3 cargo loading traldoors, as well as 3 KAS Winches, doesn't have anything on it, as of yet, but I'm editing the runabout so it has a missile on the back, and a sunbeam on the front, with a Girder over the centre of mass, and a KAS port on that, so it can dock that way, I also am weapon using the shoehorn, wasp, and shark naval aircraft, with 6 missiles each. I will also attempt to make 3 others, for the 3 other slots on the deck, this mod is awesome, keep it up dice!!! Can't wait for the naval parts, but for now, I'm happy just with boat parts, as we all are!

p.s. A lazor missile can pretty much slice the deck in two, and leavethe rest of the ship to break apart, pretty realistic, great job dice.

p.p.s. I discovered this accidentally, when I was testing the runabout V2.

Got most of it to work now :) great mod!

However if i switch between planes or kerbals on the ship they usually stop working, all buttons stop works, kerbals can't be controlled and so on.

Read the guide I have posted on the opening post of the thread... all shall be revealed! :)