[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

thankz Frizzak for your wonderful work. it's awesome! .

just a little question... (due to my ignorance..) is the mercury unable to allow eva for kerbals? i have a stranded mercury on mun.. tried eva and the poor bob kerman just explodes all the times... (now planning a giant recovery mission to get all the capsule back to kerbin... :cool:)

You have to upgrade the ability to EVA now in campaign mode. Also the hatch can not be blocked by anything.

New update with some fixes to the Apollo docking devices to make it easier to dock and less unpredictable.

Kerbal Stuff download

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA/download/5.10

Re-skinned the Apollo docking cones and made their collision work better for docking.

I also made it much easier to dock the Apollo LEM and CSM craft together,

Lowered the acquire force and torque for Apollo docking cones added some more bits to the cfg

Added a docking target to the texture of the LEM

Added visible lights to the LEM from the outside

Tweaked Gemini antenna, lowered weight adjusted packet size

Added PhysicsSignificance = 1 to landing gear, suppose to help collision with ground....

Fixed exploding Transtage CSM icon

removed the float air resource

Lowered the weight of Gemini landing legs and increased crash tolerance

Added mono propellent reaction wheels to the pods to compensate for the overcorrection of the pilots for RCS only systems

Having some problems trying to figure out how to make theSA-206 for the first manned crew mission to Skylab. Do i just tear off the lander module from SA-204 and replace it with the Apollo CSM?

Edit:

Better idea oh whats happening. That gap between the fairing base and the CSM is what im talking about. Is there a way to move the CSM down or do I have to just leave the gap?

0a6929cb26.png

Edited by deepfield
Added picture

Having some problems trying to figure out how to make theSA-206 for the first manned crew mission to Skylab. Do i just tear off the lander module from SA-204 and replace it with the Apollo CSM?

Edit:

Better idea oh whats happening. That gap between the fairing base and the CSM is what im talking about. Is there a way to move the CSM down or do I have to just leave the gap?

http://puu.sh/dN1Nc/0a6929cb26.png

You don't move it down, it is supposed to be supported on the fairing like in real life the gap is supposed to be there.

This desparately needs to be Realism Overhaul compatible. I have a science fair project that relies on this.

It is, RO comes with FASA configs for module manager....

Im also finding that the Apollo parts are way too expensive in the new career mode. Im working on balancing the prices so it makes for a smoother transition to those parts in the tech tree.

Also I am editing the descriptions of the parts so the similar ones are grouped together in the parts list.

Im also finding that the Apollo parts are way too expensive in the new career mode. Im working on balancing the prices so it makes for a smoother transition to those parts in the tech tree.

Also I am editing the descriptions of the parts so the similar ones are grouped together in the parts list.

Two questions about this;

1) you stated you would like to make FASA a Standard so that the entire game can be run on it about a hundred posts back. Are you planning on creating your own Contracts so you can slow down development? For example: Currently I am getting Explore Duna missions well before any of the FASA landers are available (Either the Gemini or the Apollo landers.)

2) Any chance of a Gemini lander craft file? Every time I try to build a Titan IIIC for it I somehow screw it up. (Not enough Delta-V to get to the mun and then back seems to be the biggest issue.)

2.a) Are we going to see the Titan III/IV SRBs earlier in the progression then?

Mr. FASA maker , happy new years! I found a few problems in your .90 update you need to be aware of. Actually this was present even back in .25.

1. Your ALSEP Scanner uses a duplicate science experiment . So you cant run all 3 and get 3 different experiments. Ive looked at your .cfg and found the error.

2. The LEM antennas fail to send science , its says no SPM present, I think that has a tie with Remote Tech ? Not sure. But nevertheless we cant do science on the LEM. Ive tried doing a MM to force the antennas to remote tech the science to the apollo CM with no avail. I prolly did it wrong, hopefully you can correct that since your better at this :)

This is used twice in both modules , the ASLEP device and ASLEP scanner

experimentID = ALSEPenvironmentScan

The missing experiment should be id = ALSEPsurfaceScan

Edited by lextacy

Mr. FASA maker , happy new years! I found a few problems in your .90 update you need to be aware of. Actually this was present even back in .25.

1. Your ALSEP Scanner uses a duplicate science experiment . So you cant run all 3 and get 3 different experiments. Ive looked at your .cfg and found the error.

2. The LEM antennas fail to send science , its says no SPM present, I think that has a tie with Remote Tech ? Not sure. But nevertheless we cant do science on the LEM. Ive tried doing a MM to force the antennas to remote tech the science to the apollo CM with no avail. I prolly did it wrong, hopefully you can correct that since your better at this :)

This is used twice in both modules , the ASLEP device and ASLEP scanner

experimentID = ALSEPenvironmentScan

The missing experiment should be id = ALSEPsurfaceScan

If you look in the RT folder you will see RemoteTech_FASA_Antennas.cfg

@PART[FASALM_Antenna]:FOR[RemoteTech] // LEM Antennas
{
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
{
%allowManualControl = false
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 1000000
%EnergyCost = 0.01
%MaxQ = 6000

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER
{
%PacketInterval = 0.15
%PacketSize = 3
%PacketResourceCost = 1.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.