Actions on the Fly : Edit your action groups in flight mode

macbernick

Here comes the new thread :)

Actions on the Fly 1.1 (spaceport)

This plugin allows you to edit your action groups while in flight mode. Some people have reported issues using it. It's sometimes hard to find the ship. Switching with brackets keys should not be a problem anymore since 1.1. If you undock a ship from a launcher, and the root part is staying on the launcher, the root part of the new ship will be the docking port. It may be confusing, but it's how the game works. V2 will fix this as it has a new way of working, the plugin won't need to track the active ship anymore. If you still have problem, going back to space center and reloading the ship with Tracking Station usually works well.

How To Use

Right click the root part of your ship and "Enable AG Edit".

aotf01f.png

You can then right click any part of your ship with the action you want to edit.

aotf02f.png

Add or remove the action to/from any group(s) you want.

aotf03f.png

You can then disable the plugin in the root part.

aotf04f.png

Thank you for any feedback ! :)

Edited by macbernick

I wanted this. So much. Any chance getting a list of actions on a specific keybind? Knowing what's bound to the group already can keep me from breaking things horribly when older keybinds also do something.

Edited by MaHuJa

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this! I built a huge ship in orbit with twelve nuke engines and screwed up the action groups. I didn't find out untill it came to test firing the engines :blush:, I don't have to re build now.

Looks like the author is mysteriously lost. Since the source is available and the license is "do whatever you want", are there any brave souls who could fix this?

Seems to be working with no modifications. Just dump it into the correct directory structure like so:

FiPRT69.png

It's mostly working even from legacy directory, and AFAIK it doesn't matter where the plugin loads from. But it generates spurious menu items, and I suspect it loads multiple times.

You know, I'm actually very surprised that this feature wasn't included in the vanilla game, it massively adds to the versatility of the whole control group concept. Have an elaborate multi-part ship that consists of pieces that you docked in orbit? I'll bet some of those action groups from each ship overlap with each other, which would make this editor a life saver for complicated missions. Squad, if you're reading this, I will marry you (somehow) if you include something like this in the next patch!

P.S. If you also include something akin to the Sub-Assembly Loader, I'll donate my spleen and maybe a kidney to charity! :wink:

Edited by DasMike
Creepy altruism ahoy!

It has been two weeks since the OP has been on, and longer since he's posted in here, so I've taken the liberty to correct the problem with 0.20.x which adds many "Enable" entries when you right-click on the command module. I've not been able to raise the author as of yet, however, the license he's included seems pretty liberal. ;)

Update: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1598459/Games/KSP/ActionsOnTheFly/ActionsOnTheFly1.1.1.zip

Source code modification, new DLL, updated license (My just agreeing with him), and a Change Log. I've tested this on 0.20.2 on two different installs, on ships with multiple command modules with only the "root" module having the option to edit.

@DasMike> Subassembly Loader works now.

Thank you very much Pontiac. This is a very useful mod. It would be a shame to leave it in Limbo. And yes, i agree - it really should be a stock feature. So, if any dev stumble upon this thread - please consider adding this to the game. :cool:

• 1 month later...
It has been two weeks since the OP has been on, and longer since he's posted in here, so I've taken the liberty to correct the problem with 0.20.x which adds many "Enable" entries when you right-click on the command module. I've not been able to raise the author as of yet, however, the license he's included seems pretty liberal. ;)

Update: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1598459/Games/KSP/ActionsOnTheFly/ActionsOnTheFly1.1.1.zip

Source code modification, new DLL, updated license (My just agreeing with him), and a Change Log. I've tested this on 0.20.2 on two different installs, on ships with multiple command modules with only the "root" module having the option to edit.

@DasMike> Subassembly Loader works now.

Pontiac is the HERO of lost and abandoned mods!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So does anybody know if the OP is planning on continuing development of this? I mean it does still work now but I'm a bit concerned about future versions of KSP, would the license he included allow anybody to maybe start a new thread to keep it up to date until/if he returns?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.