LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

If KSO is an example yours would be far superior to build stuff with.

i don't really want to seem bias but to tell you the truth i'd rather have LLL styled trucks rather than ksos. i'd hate to dig through KSOS just to find trucks which may take up more memory than a fleet of LLL trucks.

on a side note i can't believe no one has actually tried to copy the trucks in the KSC before (apart from the obvious truck cab)

also thanks alot for your quick replies. i meant LLL and SXT because i love the lil LEM and love the LLL parts, they're the main building blocks in my "creative" projects.

one more thing good work and keep on doing what your doing! the both of you rock!

i don't really want to seem bias but to tell you the truth i'd rather have LLL styled trucks rather than ksos. i'd hate to dig through KSOS just to find trucks which may take up more memory than a fleet of LLL trucks.

Ok... how would you rather LLL styled trucks (assuming were still taking about the ones seen driving around KSC++, or are we talking about different ones)? Theyre almost exactly the same... except the ones in the KSO are scaled to a Kerbal... The KSO trucks are replicas of the trucks you see driving around the VAB/SPH and the ones you see parked at the research center and driving around KSC++ (minus the pickup truck). They also contain full IVAs.

Additionally, when Phase IV of the KSO is released, you'll either be able to use an installer to choose what Phases you want, or will be able to download the phase you want, so no digging will be required.

Well, I've got them, so might as well include them. By the looks of it mine'll be somewhat larger then (since they keep the same scale as the others round the KSC). They're currently about ~2.5m for the wide flatbeds and 1.875m for the thin.

Also, I don't suppose anyone's able to get wheels working? I've got some basic models, but I haven't had that much luck with wheels in the past.

Currently relying on the stock ones

YPC4Gwz.png

Should probably get round to getting .24 at somepoint as well.

More stuff:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Lack

@ Lack if you could send me one of those trucks on you'd like the wheels working, I could assemble a package for you , Would you want the wheels combined into the truck so they are plug and play or would you want them separate, Personally i'd like to see them built in but it's your call, MrWizerd has a shared drive with me so it'd be easy to transfer stuff back to you

@ Lack if you could send me one of those trucks on you'd like the wheels working, I could assemble a package for you , Would you want the wheels combined into the truck so they are plug and play or would you want them separate, Personally i'd like to see them built in but it's your call, MrWizerd has a shared drive with me so it'd be easy to transfer stuff back to you

Can try with them combined, I'll send it over in a PM with the two wheel-wells as well.

Edited by Lack

on a side note i can't believe no one has actually tried to copy the trucks in the KSC before (apart from the obvious truck cab)

also thanks alot for your quick replies. i meant LLL and SXT because i love the lil LEM and love the LLL parts, they're the main building blocks in my "creative" projects.

one more thing good work and keep on doing what your doing! the both of you rock!

I'm pretty sure the download for Phase IV will be separate from the main KSOS download, and there will be an installer too.

I'm pretty sure the download for Phase IV will be separate from the main KSOS download, and there will be an installer too.

yeah i know.

i just prefer any truck lack will make over anything that helldriver will make not because i completely hate helldriver (i don't he's an awesome dude, really helpful too) but because of the fact that lacks ones would be using simple textures.

i go for memory size:parts over textures:parts. (what i say here is memory size to the ratio of parts and etc)

basicly i'd stick with dull boring trucks to zoom around in then anything "pretty"

also i'm thinking of adding IR and an engine to make a portable, aimable kerbal cannon.

EDIT: oh just as a side note how much memory does kerbtown take to run? i have a heavily modded game and am worried that it'll roll over and melt my machine if i install it and other packs. (like KSC++v2)

Edited by AntiMatter001

EDIT: oh just as a side note how much memory does kerbtown take to run? i have a heavily modded game and am worried that it'll roll over and melt my machine if i install it and other packs. (like KSC++v2)

You'll only need the .dll from kerb-town, there's not that much in the way of assets in it anyway. KSC++ should be pretty light, there's a few textures in there, and they're pretty small, the bulk of the size is models.

I didn't personally see any appreciable difference with lllmisc installed, but I have a pretty beastly machine with a half way descent video card. But I still run texture management for stability even in 64bit, but that is mostly due to part catalog.

You'll only need the .dll from kerb-town, there's not that much in the way of assets in it anyway. KSC++ should be pretty light, there's a few textures in there, and they're pretty small, the bulk of the size is models.

oh cool. now the next thing to worry about is how much memory i have left to spare and also if my mods don't just bork it up. (they shouldn't but knowing my mod installments of the past i wouldn't be surprised if i do crash from installing kerbtown wrong :P)

thanks for the help.

sorry for replying so soon (and so much) but i've been away from KSP and just wanted to know if those truck bodies were in the SXT/LLL pack or not? (i don't mind having no tires. i kinda have an idea for em anyway :P)

also since i'm so early into the tech tree are those ion engines in the pack too? and what the hell are those parts that look like lights or something in your imager album for? are those radial ion engines? (7th picture)

oh here's something i would like to be included with the trucks. the train in your KSC++ pack. :P i'd so love strapping a rocket onto that baby and just blasting it to the Mun.

Edited by AntiMatter001

These trucks aren't available for download yet are they?

no unfortuntly but i hope the train and trucks can get released soon!

@Mr.Wizard: huh i never knew there was an anime about it :P

also am i doing something wrong or are the LLL parts not tweakscale compatible? (i say this becuase i used to be able to tweakscale EVERYTHING down to tiny sizes so i could have cute little spy planes but now i can't. i do have the most up to date tweakscale so i'm pretty sure it isn't that...)

Edited by AntiMatter001

They are compatable, you need to make sure that you still have the LLL_Scale.cfg and LLL_ScaleTypes.cfg in the LLL file, you will need to DELETE the cfg file from the tweakscale directory .. yeah if you have just downloaded tweakscale to upgrade to the latest version of the game. You need to get tweakscale and make sure its setup propelly makeing sure to delete the LLL cfg from that directory. I apopogize if this doenst make sense but I am huting and falling asleep aa o type.

Edited by MrWizerd

They are compatable, you need to make sure that you still have the LLL_Scale.cfg and LLL_ScaleTypes.cfg in the LLL file, you will need to DELETE the cfg file from the tweakscale directory .. yeah if you have just downloaded tweakscale to upgrade to the latest version of the game. You need to get tweakscale and make sure its setup propelly makeing sure to delete the LLL cfg from that directory. I apopogize if this doenst make sense but I am huting and falling asleep aa o type.

ah i see what you mean, thanks. (sorry for double posting. it won't let me edit my previous post for some reason.

ah i see what you mean, thanks. (sorry for double posting. it won't let me edit my previous post for some reason.

just a heads up but uhh the LLL 12.2 folder doesn't have the tweakscale .cfg files. i had to go back a few posts to get them.

@Avalon304, Probably due to different terrain detail settings. I'll need to re-do the whole thing eventually and make it one model. But that unity project's a little f'd, so I'd need to figure out the scaling again.

@AntiMatter, The radial 'lights' is a essentially a radial 'dock' that I'm play around with, see if I can have it work in a 'stack' as well, a bit like the Vaygar carrier in HW2. Although there will be radial ion engines, I posted pics at some point.

HAHA! I don't even remember responding to you, I was so out of it yesterday... Long painfull weekend at the beach...

HAHA! I don't even remember responding to you, I was so out of it yesterday... Long painfull weekend at the beach...

hmmm... you might want to check the folders Mr.wizard and make sure the SXT tweakscale config is there and also the LLL tweakscale configs. i'm not sure if i did something wrong or if they weren't there because i had to re download them (the LLL tweak.cfgs) and rename the SXT one (it was named Tweakscale.backup)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.