LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Updated CBM, with invisible teeth. Works pretty well during my brief testing, how's it work for the rest of you?

Hmmm, I just tried them on 2 existing bits (I figured they the same parts so I not need to redo them)

had a 1.5 deg not alined, and got this result when docked.. (180 to be alined, it was 178.5 just before docking) - so test = fail for me :(

screenshot22fp.png

Hmmm, I just tried them on 2 existing bits (I figured they the same parts so I not need to redo them)

had a 1.5 deg not alined, and got this result when docked.. (180 to be alined, it was 178.5 just before docking) - so test = fail for me :(

*snip*

Well, 1.5/180 isn't such a bad error rate. I'll have a bit more of a play with it though.

i would say that's a pretty good alignment, if it can get closer then sure thats good too
Well, 1.5/180 isn't such a bad error rate. I'll have a bit more of a play with it though.

Hehe yea I know it is close and not a bad error rate, if it had been a round docking port etc then it would never be noticed, but since these docking ports have flat sides then it kinda sticks out that it isn't lined up..

I know I am probably being picky, but it would be nice if it could snap into an exact alinement if you are only a couple of degrees out :)

Thought i'd show off my Part LLL Rover Lander which i managed to get to Duna, Barely.

wFxTVq4h.png

8L64movh.png

rPKzAIvh.png

Where are those solar panels from?

h7m3EPSh.png

Omni Wheels make it possible for me to lower and raise the rover...

WjSEIH1h.jpg

5fim2A4h.jpg

Which also means redocking with the lander is a lot easier!

If you'd like to witness some unfortunate events which occured afterwards, Use this link

http://imgur.com/a/7prnu

'Definately' not caused by my bad piloting >.>

Where are those solar panels from?

Erecting a base!

Nice job and i know the feeling when you forget something important like a docking port :P

Where on the Mun is this (coords) ? The steep cliffs seem liek a nice place to set up base.

Nice job and i know the feeling when you forget something important like a docking port :P

Where on the Mun is this (coords) ? The steep cliffs seem liek a nice place to set up base.

To be honest I just reinstalled since I wanted a fresh game before I continued.

The inclination is roughly zero and it's clearly visible from orbit. It's quite long and looks like grand canyon.

To be honest I just reinstalled since I wanted a fresh game before I continued.

The inclination is roughly zero and it's clearly visible from orbit. It's quite long and looks like grand canyon.

Alright, cool. Thanks!

I just reinstalled this pack, love these parts!

Noticed the 'Docking Lights' are gone...am I just missing it or did it get taken out? Its silly, but I really likes that part, used it on a lot of builds.

They should still be there, under the Utility tab, although they don't really have an icon in the menu (since the part extends to be quite large). I've checked and they are in 0.09.9, are you sure you didn't just miss them?

@Tw1 and Cuel,

Wow, those are pretty darn cool.

Ill leave this here

screenshot1_zpsb1ec172e.png

may need to change the animations though as it may cause problems to the parts its attached to... i wonder if removing the collision mesh on the doors will fix the problem : /

well its out of fuel so its not going anywhere

hahaha ooops.

That's to bad really, that's a darn fine looking ship you gots there.

Are those sat dishes in future release? I'm not seeing them in my parts (still cant find the string of docking lights either, guess they gone..)

hahaha ooops.

That's to bad really, that's a darn fine looking ship you gots there.

Are those sat dishes in future release? I'm not seeing them in my parts (still cant find the string of docking lights either, guess they gone..)

yea they not released yet, the docking lights are in utilities, in the VAB/SPH its fully extended so it makes it tiny so look for the blank object

Could someone repost the link to the DL for the extendable docking port? I've searched throughout my parts and it's not there. I have the track housings , was it in a seperate DL? If so please repost it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.