LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Well lack, the file system needs work. I just spent an hour trying to remove the structural panels that you have in 10.7, and I cannot find them. In fact, nothing is logically labelled. In the future, could you make things easier/more logical to find?

Look in here: ...\GameData\LLL\Parts\Structural\LLL2x1to2-5mNew\Plates.cfg

Oh, and yeah, I know that its quick to remove it, but TBH, im just a procrastinator + a bit lazy.

I might buff the engine deceleration considerably though, I think you're right with it taking a a bit too long to stop completely.

@Skyhook,

True, but organisation does have a logic to it, as by and large the config is with the model and texture it uses. Changing the names of existing folders and model+textures files is not feasible at this stage, but re-organising the configs would be. Using explorer's search function and the part's in-game name will give you the relevant config within a few seconds (as long as you have it to search inside documents).

And I quite liked this picture:

*Salvage tug image*

It always confused me when going through the file structure of LLL to see this little ships cfg called the InfilitrationPod...

But then at one point images of swarms of little ships rushing towards a capital ship and lacthing to its hull started coming back. And all was good. :)

I might buff the engine deceleration considerably though, I think you're right with it taking a a bit too long to stop completely.

@Skyhook,

True, but organisation does have a logic to it, as by and large the config is with the model and texture it uses. Changing the names of existing folders and model+textures files is not feasible at this stage, but re-organising the configs would be. Using explorer's search function and the part's in-game name will give you the relevant config within a few seconds (as long as you have it to search inside documents).

Well my mind was a little frayed last night, and I was practically lacking oxygen as well, so I'm sorry for the rant! I'll just use the explorer next time. Great modparts, keep up to good work.

I have so little idea how most of you launch these things, I almost feel left out :P

Here is the launch config for the Fatman-G. It will use about 1/2 of the main vehicles fuel to attain orbit.

M4GxFoc.png

This is the launch vehicle used to put HabLack into LKO for retrieval by Fatman-G. This launch vehicle has plenty of fuel left over and this is used to refuel Fatman-G.

3aJMrSe.png

Edited by Gristle

Well, it depends on how you want to do it. You could just listen to Jeb, and have a booster assisted launch, or listen to Bill and actually build a launch stage. it depends on how you want to do it. I'd say:

Novapunch

KW Rocketry

Maybe AIES?

Here some more photos from Minimus Research Outpost A Co.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by sharpspoonful

Duna base recived its new habitation and science module. The module features two side labs, four apartments on ground lvl(each with its own garden) and the commanders apartment with double gardens just below the command pod.

However... Originally a much larger module was intended to expand the base. However because of part count and lag created even while in the middle of nowhere i dreaded landing this next to the rover and the exsisting module so i have rerouted this module to Minmus.

And thus i present the Minmus Gardens.

Located on the slopes of a Minmus mountain and overlooking a lake the Mimnus Gardens are the very latest in high value space property. Ideal for families and young bachelors alike. Fully equpied with a communal laboratory for science oriented indiviuals. Reserve your spot on the Minmus Gardens today.

@ickli,

They're a re-scale of the 1.25m stock tail-piece, I'll post the .cfg later. Very useful for larger tanks as it allows you to mount 2.5m engines radially. Especially useful with the 4x4 tanks I put in LLL-extra, makes for a mean launch-vehicle, strap a couple of KW's SRBs round the side as well and you should be able to get a 100tonne+ into orbit easily enough (and with a low part count to boot).

Edit:

PART
{

// --- general parameters ---
name = airplaneTaillarge
module = Strut
author = C. Jenkins

// --- asset parameters ---

MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Aero/airplaneTail/model
scale = 2, 2, 2
}

scale = 0.1
rescaleFactor = 1.14

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

// --- FX definitions ---

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 1875
category = Aero

entryCost = 2800
TechRequired = heavyAerodynamics

title = 2.5m Tail Connector
manufacturer = WinterOwl Aircraft Emporium
description = A simple aerodynamic tail for aircraft. Designed to fit onto all standard 2.5m attachments, this part is the embodiment of our "Let's Fly", line of parts.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 1
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 20
maxTemp = 3200
fuelCrossFeed = True
breakingForce = 200
breakingTorque = 200

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 720
maxAmount = 720
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 880
maxAmount = 880
}

}

@sharpspoonful,

Oh, very nice. I'll need to re-install the Bavarian walkways, Rbray's memory reduction mod has freed up enough RAM that it should be alright now.

@Gryphorim,

Done, I'll get a new test version with it in uploaded later.

Also, I was thinking of keeping the 'Testing' version thing going, making new parts doesn't take that long (and's the fun bit), but the bug-hunting/polishing takes a fair bit of time and effort (which I haven't got all that much of).

@Vrana,

Wow, I can't get over how good those are, you've got a real way with ships and bases. 'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Vrana again', heh guess I like your ships too much.

Edited by Lack

hey hows the remote tech 2 compatibility development? you think you can have a wip expirimental build ready for download? also one thing i noticed with the modular fuel system: the engines arent compatible yet, and the one fueltank that looks like a bunch of monopropellant cylindrical tanks put together is not compatible either. just reporting bugs.

I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, as I have not read all one hundred pages of this thread, but I'm curious if you are planning to add any side or end loading ramps for your hollow cargo holds in the future?

I was thinking about doing something like that last night, I now I've got some pistons in the landing skids I could probably jury-rig some drop down ramps fairly easily.

@nick,

Looking at it now, I assume you mean the real-fuels aspect, which I hadn't checked before. I've never actually used the modular fuels mod before so wouldn't know what does what. Having a brief look at it, it looks like a fair bit of work, but probably not more than a day's work if you know what the different fuels do. Unfortunately, I don't have that time at the moment.

Actually, I'm guessing you're using it so already know which fuel does what, would you be able to manage it yourself? If you could do that and post it up that'd be grand.

As for the RT2, that was posted a few pages back. Haven't tried it myself though.

@PART[Commtow]
{
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
{
allowManualControl = false
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0OmniRange = 0
Mode1OmniRange = 5000000
MaxQ = 3000
EnergyCost = 1.05

DeployFxModules = 0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[LLLCommPole]
{

{
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0OmniRange = 0
Mode1OmniRange = 5000000
MaxQ = 3000
EnergyCost = 0.38

DeployFxModules = 0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[LLLCommPole2]
{

{
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0OmniRange = 0
Mode1OmniRange = 3000000
MaxQ = 6000
EnergyCost = 0.38

DeployFxModules = 0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[LLLRadar]
{

{
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0OmniRange = 0
Mode1OmniRange = 6000000
MaxQ = 3000
EnergyCost = 0.7

DeployFxModules = 0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[LLLAttchDish]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 60000000000
EnergyCost = 1.86
DishAngle = 0.04

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[LLLAttchDishSmall]
{

{
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 50000000
EnergyCost = 1.64
MaxQ = 6000
DishAngle = 45.0

DeployFxModules = 0
ProgressFxModules = 1

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[LLLRotDish]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 60000000000
EnergyCost = 1.86
DishAngle = 0.04

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[LLLRotDish2-5]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 350000000000
EnergyCost = 5.70
DishAngle = 0.006

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[BERTY3]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[PolyRadar]
{

{
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0OmniRange = 0
Mode1OmniRange = 6000000
MaxQ = 3000
EnergyCost = 0.7

DeployFxModules = 0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[2x1Probe]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[BERTYJEB]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[LLLMicrochip]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 2
}
}

@PART[4x2Probe]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

Thanks lack! also a bug report: with the small underside landing legs they dont animate up or down, or move at all, and they spam null reference exceptions. also when i try to press the lower gear button a DT is NaN error is made in log.

Thanks lack! also a bug report: with the small underside landing legs they dont animate up or down, or move at all, and they spam null reference exceptions. also when i try to press the lower gear button a DT is NaN error is made in log.

Yeah, I've been having real problems with that part. Tried to fix it and I've managed to break it completely, won't even load now. I miss the old landing leg code.

Anyway, I got a droppy-down-thingamabob working.

Wait, what? 24 hours after Tommygun requests a part and you have a working prototype... I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Lack, you ROCK!!! :D

So when can we play with these? Hint hint... Lol.

Oh, I also am having trouble with the small landing legs, but since you're working on it, no worries. Incidentally, I LOVE the solution you presented in these latest pics, the way the whole edge of a thin shim extends to form a landing leg is brilliant. And most importantly, it EXTENDS far enough to be useful, as shown in the pictures, for actually driving a rover up under a ship, while at the same time closing up flush without sticking out anywhere... again, brilliant!

The only thing I'd request at this point is similar set-ups for all the bigger cargo bays, i.e. 2x2, 2x4, and 4x4 sizes, and the landing leg part to match as well, obviously. :) One other comment, hopefully the edges of the cargo platforms won't be too thick, causing problems for rovers driving on and off. Although you do show your new buggy with the smallest stock rover wheels in the pictures, so maybe it's not a problem. I was going to suggest some sort of flip-down ramp, if necessary. I don't know, it might not be required.

Anyway, great new parts, hope to be able to play with them soon! Keep up the excellent work, Lack. :) Later!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.