LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Well, the ruggedised is perfect for LLL. I have a model I would like to get to have in SXT eventually, but I've never had any luck with getting wheels to work.

Does the tweak-scale actually change the wheel's properties (durability, etc)? The re-size of the ruggedised took quite a bit of tweaking to work satisfactory.

A few requests/thoughts on SXT:

Can we get the tweakscale options back for the following:

-Cargo bay.

-Decouplers. Especially the lattice decoupler. I have a powerful need for that in other sizes!

-SXT ARM-Alike tanks

-Scalable OMS and vernier thrusters! They're the best things ever but I need them in other sizes!

Also, if you're in the mood for some irritating work, a few more station parts like the ones you're doing (which are awesome) and perhaps a stubbier, Apollo/Almaz-style 2.5m capsule would be fantastic.

Edited by Sauron

A few requests/thoughts on SXT:

Can we get the tweakscale options back for the following:

-Cargo bay.

-Decouplers. Especially the lattice decoupler. I have a powerful need for that in other sizes!

-SXT ARM-Alike tanks

-Scalable OMS and vernier thrusters! They're the best things ever but I need them in other sizes!

If you use the tweak-scale config in the SXT (try re-downloading) folder, all of those should be there. You'll need to change the file name from SXT_TweakScale.backup to SXT_TweakScale.cfg (and delete the one in the TweakScale folder). Fiddly, and not immediately obvious, but had to do that since there was one bundled with the tweak-scale mod and having two copies causes all manner of problems on the last few pages of the thread.

I'll double check that it all works, since there's lots of configs flying around and I keep losing track, but those do have values defined in the cfg of the latest version.

Edit: Yep, those should all work. At least with the config in SXT-16.5 (That update is mainly just trying squash a few bugs and update config files).

Edit:

Thanks, what sort of station parts do y'reckon?

Edited by Lack

So, thoughts on station parts:

-2.5m counterparts that match the two 3.75 options you currently have. They beat stock by a mile but they also don't match as well as a result

-Adapters like the one you have (which is excelent thanks to the node in the middle) that match your 3.75m options

-Half-length 3.75 modules

-A 3.75 cylinder hub with 4 1.25m attach points (like the American nodes on the ISS)--so 4 1.25m with a 3.75m on either end

-A few parts that match the science lab's texture a bit better than a hitchhiker (go nuts :P)

Edit:

By the way, do you mean 16.1? I only see versions 16 and 16.1

Edited by Sauron

Thanks, what sort of station parts do y'reckon?

Truss sections with integrated, functional handrails.

Other modules matching the style of your science lab

Life support modules -- 02, H20 and Food canisters, recyclers, etc.

Edit: @Lack - did you mean to post a link for SXT 16.5? Thread title has been updated but I can't find a download link.

Edited by somnambulist

So came up with an idea, and I wanted to show everyone what it was I was working on, with Lack's help of course as I am still learning. I have the animation working in Unity, I just cant get the part to show up in the game I think there is something wrong with the model... still working on it... anyway here is a picture from unity.

PdpqeKs.jpg

Lack also built a radially attachable one. I took his 2x1 and built the doors and the pockets, and he added the panels then I set to work animating them and what not. Lack built the radial unit on his own, and that one wont be done till I finish figuring out what I broke. Once I get the big one in then I will work on the small one, here it is in Blender.

zm2mMng.jpg

So came up with an idea, and I wanted to show everyone what it was I was working on, with Lack's help of course as I am still learning. I have the animation working in Unity, I just cant get the part to show up in the game I think there is something wrong with the model... still working on it... anyway here is a picture from unity.

http://i.imgur.com/PdpqeKs.jpg

Lack also built a radially attachable one. I took his 2x1 and built the doors and the pockets, and he added the panels then I set to work animating them and what not. Lack built the radial unit on his own, and that one wont be done till I finish figuring out what I broke. Once I get the big one in then I will work on the small one, here it is in Blender.

http://i.imgur.com/zm2mMng.jpg

Necroed? I REALLY like those parts, I wish I could get the main files.... I would try to revamp them. Crying shame, I like the Ion RCS jets they look sweet, it would be really cool to make something like that I may try still.

Necroed? I REALLY like those parts, I wish I could get the main files.... I would try to revamp them. Crying shame, I like the Ion RCS jets they look sweet, it would be really cool to make something like that I may try still.

look on the last page a post (fourth down) by MeCripp, there is a download link with the parts right there

I downloaded that, and even if I can manage to import the mu files from it I don't know if they will be sufficent to breathe life back into it... I am working on it atm... The problem is they have been rendered for an earlier version of ksp and a lot of them are not working correctly because of it. I will see what I can do.

I downloaded that, and even if I can manage to import the mu files from it I don't know if they will be sufficent to breathe life back into it... I am working on it atm... The problem is they have been rendered for an earlier version of ksp and a lot of them are not working correctly because of it. I will see what I can do.

I am quite sure Mr Wizerd can breath life back into these old parts. I Look forward to them added in, or a separate add in pack.

Call me crazy, but the Radial Observation Post seems like it's in the wrong tech tree group. You get the 2.5m version in composites, but you don't get the 1.25m version till after that. It just seems backward to me. Just thought I'd point that out.

Edited by Alshain

Lack, I love that the way that the engines turned out! I got to get the animation running on the solar panel part to polish that off!

I am going to try to do the radial one in 3ds Max... see if that will work.

Heck yeah ... I am dreaming up an alcubeiari drive for these parts :) it will only work with kspi but hey it should be fun.

That's probably spelled wrong

Edited by MrWizerd

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.