[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just recently installed linux and am having issues getting klf to work properly with it. I can launch the client fine, log in, chat etc... But when I open kerbal, all I get is the gui for klf. There's no visible chat dialog, no one shown on the connected players menu, and no orbits or anything visible in the map. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I'm using linux mint, and i'm running 64 bit ksp. Thanks for any help!

Hey guys, I just recently installed linux and am having issues getting klf to work properly with it. I can launch the client fine, log in, chat etc... But when I open kerbal, all I get is the gui for klf. There's no visible chat dialog, no one shown on the connected players menu, and no orbits or anything visible in the map. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I'm using linux mint, and i'm running 64 bit ksp. Thanks for any help!

Did you grab the unofficial 0.7.3 client update posted Here?

Whats this mono it mentions in the front page?

Mono is this... thing, that the Linux version of KLF requires to function. Just install a package called mono-complete.

Is anyone working on the annoying input problem on Linux? It still forwards key inputs to the game when you're typing in the chat. I'd imagine it could be fixed by somehow disabling key input to KSP while the chat window is active, but is that even possible?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Uh something is up with the general physics server, it's been offline for nearly a week now.
sucks to play without this anyone know any other servers besides those 2 that are up?

Oh I'm glad you said that. I thought I was just doing something wrong. I've read posts about klf.kerbalsp.com, but that one isn't working for me either. Give it a try and let me know if you get in.

Edited by Justinjah91

I don't have a single clue how to run a server but if absaloutly necessary I am willing to sacrafice either my old computer or my current one to run a server for this.

But someone would have to tell me how.

I could help you. Do you have Skype? If so, please PM me your username. If not, I'll help through PMs. Also, you need to know the password for the router. That way, we (you :)) can port forward.

What sort of system requirements does KLF need, approximately? I've got a few old laptops, but none of them can run KSP. Reckon KLF would work though?

*Edit*

Got the server running, but now I'm just seeing how demanding it is on my system. If it's not too bad, I'll go ahead and make it public.

Edited by JacobT11

well thats good

Do you have the client working? I'd really like to be able to test my server without making it public. Can I PM you the IP for a test run?

Or anyone else, for that matter.

Edited by JacobT11

I could help you. Do you have Skype? If so, please PM me your username. If not, I'll help through PMs. Also, you need to know the password for the router. That way, we (you :)) can port forward.

um... no i dont know the password for the router...

deadpan seemsn hosting server can be did not sure if u need any router pw or anything if u want to test it i can help u since helped the other guy just pm me the info. hosting the server is just starting up the server. the server address be your ip pluss whatever uset the port.

if u want to host a server this is what u do.

1. install klf 7.1

2. get the 7.3 update and copy over klf 7.1

3. start up server .exe making sure its has admin privileges.

4. change the info to what u want(playaers,ss time etc etc)

5. your server address will be your ip with what u set the port to at the end.

6. have people join and play.

remember the server uses your ip as a address so dynamic ip wont work well also remember they connectiong to you. best if u sest up the server on a seprate computer then u can host more people.

u can list your server here for public use or ask for for a few at tiem to build a good group of people.

Edited by sidfu

Alright, so I've got a server running, currently set to max of 16 players and a 5 second delay between each screenshot. Bear in mind, I have no idea how it'll perform under high load. I've only tested it with myself and sidfu on it. If it messes up, just PM me and let me know. I'll be keeping it online for 24 hours initially, just to see how things go, both in regards to player experience and how it impacts my server.

IP is 188.122.102.22:2075

and I'll be on most of today.

Edited by JacobT11

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.