[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

[noparse][snip]

[...][/noparse]Access Violation[noparse][...]

[snip a few hundred lines of stack trace][/noparse]

Looks like an out-of-memory error (or just a P/Invoke gone bad) too me, but I have relatively little experience with KSP on Windows.

[noparse][in reference to the APAS-69][/noparse] yeah i am pretty sure it is cursed.

MechJeb tries to dock with the side of the target port, but ORDA works fine (at least on my machine)

Edited by Fail-Man 3D

KOSMOS TechTree Integration Config File (for use with Module Manager)

I should probably put that it my sig

Please report any problems with this config so they can be fixed

These assignments are the intended KOSMOS TechTree nodes and should be included in the next KOSMOS update (whenever that is possible)

Edited by NoMrBond

It's not enough, my game already crashes every half hour or hour, and I only have KW rocketery and AIES that give me parts, with Kosmos (and with lite), it crashes after maybe 15 minutes, usually during loading screens :/ And sometimes without even a crash report.

I only have 4 Gb of ram, probably that, and my processor getting a bit old (dual core amd 3.1ghz)

It's not enough, my game already crashes every half hour or hour, and I only have KW rocketery and AIES that give me parts, with Kosmos (and with lite), it crashes after maybe 15 minutes, usually during loading screens :/ And sometimes without even a crash report.

I only have 4 Gb of ram, probably that, and my processor getting a bit old (dual core amd 3.1ghz)

Well, with only 4 gigs of RAM, your system will eat a lot of it, so KSP will only be able to use less of it, meaning that you probably have 2.5 gigabytes to play with. I'd recommend Basic Texture Management, or Active if you REALLY want to shave a lot off.

I already used all of those, except Active texture management that I have never heard of, I'm trying it now, and it seems to have fixed the crashes even with the kosmos pack, thanks for the link ! :)

edit: crashed after two hours, but it's still about 8 times more than without it, so it's nice :P

Edited by Tic-Tac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any other way to download besides the spaceport? I think the spaceport link is broken as each time I try to download and open the zip it says the folder is invalid. I think that is is because of the spaceport as other mods seems to be corrupted when files are on spaceport too.

Is there any other way to download besides the spaceport? I think the spaceport link is broken as each time I try to download and open the zip it says the folder is invalid. I think that is is because of the spaceport as other mods seems to be corrupted when files are on spaceport too.

If it's a very large file (the Kosmos pack is 104MB) and you don't have a fast connection, the spaceport server will time out and not complete the download - it's a problem inherent in the software the spaceport server is based on.

I have made a mirror of the Kosmos pack available here on dropbox.com which does not suffer that problem.

I installed the solar panels, but they do not show up in VAB.

Do you know why?

I've installed all nessasary plugins.

My mods:

Fustek

Helldivers Orbital Shuttle

Round Solar Panel

Extraplanetary Launchpad

Mechjeb

Crew manifest

I installed the solar panels, but they do not show up in VAB.

Do you know why?

I've installed all nessasary plugins.

The solar panels are not dependant on any plugin at all. They should work on a vanilla KSP installation. There are really only two possible reasons they are not showing up, either they are installed incorrectly, or you are operating in career mode. The parts are not configured for career mode, you would need to edit the relevant part.cfg files and add three parameters:

TechRequired = advElectrics

entryCost = 8800

cost = 800

( I just invented the 8800 and 800 figures based on double the figures for the standard 2x3 panels, which seemed in the correct order of magnitude )

The solar panels are not dependant on any plugin at all. They should work on a vanilla KSP installation. There are really only two possible reasons they are not showing up, either they are installed incorrectly, or you are operating in career mode. The parts are not configured for career mode, you would need to edit the relevant part.cfg files and add three parameters:

TechRequired = advElectrics

entryCost = 8800

cost = 800

( I just invented the 8800 and 800 figures based on double the figures for the standard 2x3 panels, which seemed in the correct order of magnitude )