[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

So Some minor Surgery on the RD-33NK. I noticed that the feed pipes were obstructing the view of alot of components of the engine from the side. Diminishing the detailing that I have been doing. And I felt like the pipes were generally too long and drooped.

So I re routed them. I also noticed they hide the Accuators so I enlarged and spread them forward a tad.

Rd-3311.png

Though some may deride me for mixing and matching mods. But here's something I've built in 0.20.2 (yeah, still haven't updated); based on the cancelled USAF Manned Orbiting Laboratory plans.

nsVki8N.png

Although, the picture is captioned "Soviet Gemini" (as a very roundabout reference to the USAF's Blue Gemini project, which is not the same as the MOL).

Also please excuse the lack of screen cap quality; my laptop is le crap and if I turn up the graphics quality of KSP it will promptly catch fire.

It's made with Kosmos -- of course, why else would I post it here? -- and the FASA Gemini and Mercury pack.

So Some minor Surgery on the RD-33NK. I noticed that the feed pipes were obstructing the view of alot of components of the engine from the side. Diminishing the detailing that I have been doing. And I felt like the pipes were generally too long and drooped.

So I re routed them. I also noticed they hide the Accuators so I enlarged and spread them forward a tad.

Rd-3311.png

How many polys is that? I should say how many polys is that going to be ingame?

What will the angara pack include? engines and fuel tanks?

or do you plan on doing other stuff, like, say, fairings and maybe an adapter/fairing for the TKS spacecraft on your SSPP ?

besides that, amazing work, can't wait to have those on my KSP!

It is a fair bit/ But I noticed no one cared about high polyies for kerbX. so :D free game. I think like ~4500

Nice, Ive been working on a mod, and trying to get a lot of the detail in there is difficult with a 1000 poly limit that everyone keeps telling me to use. Looks great though, sorry for the double post.

I just realized that this pack takes up more space than the KW Rocketry pack. Any chance for a low-res version? It wouldn't need to be low-poly, as that doesn't seem to matter so much in KSP, but a low-res version would bring me (and most other peeps with 20+ mods) unspeakable joy. Those engines look awesome, meaning that I'll get them when they come out, meaning that I'll have to delete even more parts that I don't use so much.

But seriously, your balka truss block (the one without anything in it) takes up 8 mb. That's almost as much as most of the KW rocket engines, for a metal skeleton.

Why the derp can't I open the zip file? Every time I redownload and try again 7-zip tells me it can't open it. Every single time.

Spaceport problem I think, your archive is corrupted, I can't download the 4.4 update for the SSPP either because of that.

I just realized that this pack takes up more space than the KW Rocketry pack. Any chance for a low-res version? It wouldn't need to be low-poly, as that doesn't seem to matter so much in KSP, but a low-res version would bring me (and most other peeps with 20+ mods) unspeakable joy. Those engines look awesome, meaning that I'll get them when they come out, meaning that I'll have to delete even more parts that I don't use so much.

But seriously, your balka truss block (the one without anything in it) takes up 8 mb. That's almost as much as most of the KW rocket engines, for a metal skeleton.

as are the RCS I think lol. currently everything is 1024. I have plans to one day go through and make things lower reses as needed. but currently I have not :D

emissives :D I did it in a way that sort of conveys the flow of fuel from the fuel manifold.

I like the RD-33NK (NK33 IRL). It is a 1.25 based engine but is more of the class,nozzle size, and power of a 2.5m. It is high thrust for 1.25m and medium thrust for 2.5m but the good ISP and long burn times makes it work well for 2.5m. I laucnhed this craft to test out emissives. The short and stubbiness makes it quite stable. Like the Antares Rocket it really crawls out of the launch pad. Only going 40m/s at 2500k lol. But with such good ISP it eventually gets going pretty good. Also like Antares it is ALMOST a SSTO craft. the small upper stage allowing to circularize the orbit at the AP.

rd-33nklift1.png