[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

thanks guys :)

Not that I have really worked on it but I reopened the N-1 files and studied the layut and adjusted the KSMOS wonky sizes

VA 2.5m since that it is what i went with. If I could redo it I would have made it 2m too late now though :D

Block D 3 meter because it will just work better with everything else that way. Plus 1.25 engine's can fit up inside the donut tank at this size.

Block G/n1-l3 3 meters. with Block D being 3 M this should probably be 3.75 to 4m but I will just use this as an adapter piece between the two varied sizes.

Block A will thusly be 12m to accommodate for the weird sizes. Reason it needs to be 12 and block G 3meter is because the size of the Nk-33 engine being 1.25m.

Are the proportions right? If so, then it'll be fine. :) It could always be rescaled if it was really needed.

the only things that would look wonkly (if I made th whole rocket which i have no plans to do) would be the N1-L3 unit. but since I will probably never make that part. That is where the scale change over happens.

Well, then at least make sure Block G looks right. Block D and LOK will probably be available from BobCat, in realistic size (LK already is there, and he's remaking the Block D).

Hello CBBP, would you be able to upload the SSPP on another link? as of now, spaceport keeps corrupting every attempt I have at downloading your pack, having it hosted on another, backup, link, would make it easier for those who are having this problem with spaceport to get it.

Hello CBBP, would you be able to upload the SSPP on another link? as of now, spaceport keeps corrupting every attempt I have at downloading your pack, having it hosted on another, backup, link, would make it easier for those who are having this problem with spaceport to get it.

We'll see :) I need to head to work .

but before I head to work

The left is my original quick mock up. Right is actual N-1 shape. it's ammaing how many drawings (what i sued to make the left side) are wrong lol.

N-1%20Flaws.png

You might be getting thrown off by the revisions the Soviets made to the rocket over the years. The one on the left has a vertical "skirt" like the 6L and 7L versions, while the one on the right has no skirt like the 3L and 5L versions.

http://api.ning.com/files/uROX6gz-CytldNyMvnu7YBVvHXKBkR0iLL7HqS8NEJTjSAC8UunjdZOSpsna27SfAPGU6mTNkR1dL56OX723htydxl9pf4fP/threeset.jpg

This image shows three versions of the N1, the 3L, 5L, and 7L.

You might be getting thrown off by the revisions the Soviets made to the rocket over the years. The one on the left has a vertical "skirt" like the 6L and 7L versions, while the one on the right has no skirt like the 3L and 5L versions.

http://api.ning.com/files/uROX6gz-CytldNyMvnu7YBVvHXKBkR0iLL7HqS8NEJTjSAC8UunjdZOSpsna27SfAPGU6mTNkR1dL56OX723htydxl9pf4fP/threeset.jpg

This image shows three versions of the N1, the 3L, 5L, and 7L.

Soviets worked just like Kerbals in that regard. Build a rocket, blow it up, check the logs, remove the flaw, blow it up again. :) No two N1s were the same, precisely because they kept blowing up.

Edited by Guest

I would love to see a accuratly scaled version of the N-1 always facinated by the Soviets designs and idea during the space race although it is hard to find a good model of the N1 for KSP.

what N-1 looks the neatest though. I sort of like the one with no beveling on the skirt lol.

I forgot how much more awesome the Angara Strut Connector was.

Now that i got it working it is time to over haul it :D

kosmos%20Strut.png

N-1 feasibility testing continues

LookwhatI%20dugup.png

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

The RD-0146 for me its the best engine i ever added to one of my rockets of 3.75m in long time, Usually they dont even fly, But the new engines are really great. Keep this nice mod/part pack going better and better :) (Idk exactly which one).

The RD-0146 for me its the best engine i ever added to one of my rockets of 3.75m in long time, Usually they dont even fly, But the new engines are really great. Keep this nice mod/part pack going better and better :) (Idk exactly which one).

Oh that thing actually did something for you? mind telling what? a departure i take it? :P it is not good at acent or making an orbit at all lol..

I started using 4 of them as Orbital generation and Mun aproach stage for an mun landing whit around 5-8t. of cargo then on mun orbit i used another one for Final descent and landing on mun, i love how efficent it is and the expanding animation :P but i have a question, Why it can expand, i mean what was it for? or its just for fun?.

I started using 4 of them as Orbital generation and Mun aproach stage for an mun landing whit around 5-8t. of cargo then on mun orbit i used another one for Final descent and landing on mun, i love how efficent it is and the expanding animation :P but i have a question, Why it can expand, i mean what was it for? or its just for fun?.

It is currently just for fun. But in reality lots of engines like the RL-10 and real RD-0146 have extendable nozzles that would increase efficiency.

If you like those engines you will like my next batch fo engines. Thoguh not wure when i will make those. I hope to make the RD-58 some time soon. it would be the 1.25m class acent second stage engine. that is. have decent ISp but not super great. but more than it would have in ATmosphere. so you wouldn;t want it there or for departure but its good thrust would make it perfect for finishing ascent.

Thanks for the Answer! i hope the extention of nozzles affects the efficiency in the future, I cant wait to see The N-1 starting to melt the metal grill at launch pad :). I only used the RD-0146 on atmosphere in one case (It was "Payload send attempt No. 2 Now 100% Less ariane 5 ripoff) first stages failed sadly due to SRBs Structural linkage fail, they burned up almost all the rocket except payload.... and yes i figured out Whit the ISp and the try that its not the best option in atmosphere... Sadly the payload and the engine did a really big crater on the ground :P

Thanks for the Answer! i hope the extention of nozzles affects the efficiency in the future, I cant wait to see The N-1 starting to melt the metal grill at launch pad :). I only used the RD-0146 on atmosphere in one case (It was "Payload send attempt No. 2 Now 100% Less ariane 5 ripoff) first stages failed sadly due to SRBs Structural linkage fail, they burned up almost all the rocket except payload.... and yes i figured out Whit the ISp and the try that its not the best option in atmosphere... Sadly the payload and the engine did a really big crater on the ground :P

you should try and over heat an RD-0146 :D mlake the pipes really glow on that expander scycle SOB lol

Thats what im gonna do on my next Mission Whit Chuck (Norris) Kerman As Test pilot :D!.... Wait a second hes supposed to be on Minmus actually........ Well Bob you are the winner of that mission. Bob: I think this not will end well and its gonna hurt :(.

Edited by Zaryulenko