"Black Arrow" British satellite launcher

skeligandrew

Reuploaded my mods because they were wiped when the forums were rolled back.

Black Arrow was a British satellite launcher rocket that succeeded in putting a satellite into orbit.

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/4CnfIpd.jpg

Download: http://www./download.php?vfzxipdm57wxn94

Known issues:

Fairings are invisible on the inside, doesn't matter that much as you only notice this once decoupled.

From a certain angle there is a transparent black shroud around some parts, this is fixable but it requires a few hours of work on my part, maybe later.

Oxidizer runs out before liquid fuel on first stage.

There is not individual thrust effect for each engine, again fixable with an hours work, this will come in R2 :)

That's all the issues I can think of off the top of my head.

what am I supposed to do with the rar file????

A .rar file is just like a .zip file. It is a compressed folder containing the mod parts. Go download something like winRar to decompress it.

A fix for the fairings being invisible on the inside would be to extrude them inwards, in case you didn't know.

Doesn't work, because it's one sided extruding just pulls it in from the visible side

Spearka, I don't know exactly how to scale things to accurate sizes in KSP but considering the probe body fits in the fairings, and there is meant to be another stage called waxwing, I'd say it's not too far off

From memory I think there are fuel tanks taller than it in game

Kerbal scale is 64% of real-life scale, and 1 meter in your 3D modelling program should come out as 1.25m in KSP, since everything is automatically scaled x1.25 unless you tell it otherwise in the CFG.

• 2 weeks later...
It would be easier to just upload it as a .zip as both major OS's(Mac and Windows.) can extract .zips natively without special software.
Its really not that hard to use UnRarX. Try it or wait till the creator of the mod decides to provide the zip file too.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a lot more to do than just config edits. I've got source files for this thing, along with an (ancient) permission to fix and re-release it. I never could work it out. Also, it's missing the Waxwing upper stage and Prospero. If you've got a modeler/Unity rigger, then he could work the files over and I'd then release it with proper attribution (I've got the re-release permission, but I don't think this implies the right to pass it to other people). If so, RSS config (for ModuleManager) will be included.

• 1 month later...