Rareden's Projects

Rareden

Nice, what telescope you got for astrophotography

I use a small 80mm refractor at 400mm for wide fields, an 8" F/4.9 Newtonian at 1000mm for lunar, planetary, small nebulae, and an old barely adequate EQ5 equatorial mount. Really need to upgrade mounts... I occasionally get to use the local observatory's 16" Schmidt Catadioptric variant on a big *** mount.

I use a small 80mm refractor at 400mm for wide fields, an 8" F/4.9 Newtonian at 1000mm for lunar, planetary, small nebulae, and an old barely adequate EQ5 equatorial mount. Really need to upgrade mounts... I occasionally get to use the local observatory's 16" Schmidt Catadioptric variant on a big *** mount.

the 80mm arnt too bad at astrophotography, ive got a 8" cassegrain and a tracking mount, works pretty good but the tracking gets less accurate the further away from the equator the object is

and can i have the craft files for those 2 ships

and what size is the print going to be so i know how big to render it

Edited by Rareden

Yeah my mount can only do about 45 seconds at the celestial equator when shooting at 1000mm, but 4 minutes near the pole. I wish I had a personal CAT for planetary, they do so much better on contrast for planets. Luckily DSS and Registax have been invented by somebody smarter than myself so the 45 second exposures are useable.

I'll get an upload put together in the morning. The WASP is not stock, but I can send a drag and drop folder that if extracted into a stock copy of the KSP directory will contain all the needed (and only the needed) parts from firespitter and TouhouTorpedo's parts packs ready to boot up in the game.

I'd like to print at 20" x 30", but in practice about an inch is lost to unprinted border on each side with the machines we have at work. I can shrink it to fit without any loss though. Let me know about a payment/donation. Your work is really worth it!

Thanks, Kris

Yeah my mount can only do about 45 seconds at the celestial equator when shooting at 1000mm, but 4 minutes near the pole. I wish I had a personal CAT for planetary, they do so much better on contrast for planets. Luckily DSS and Registax have been invented by somebody smarter than myself so the 45 second exposures are useable.

I'll get an upload put together in the morning. The WASP is not stock, but I can send a drag and drop folder that if extracted into a stock copy of the KSP directory will contain all the needed (and only the needed) parts from firespitter and TouhouTorpedo's parts packs ready to boot up in the game.

I'd like to print at 20" x 30", but in practice about an inch is lost to unprinted border on each side with the machines we have at work. I can shrink it to fit without any loss though. Let me know about a payment/donation. Your work is really worth it!

Thanks, Kris

forgot to ask what dpi your going to be printing at

That would depend on the printer... I'll get back to you after I check for sure today.

Here are the files, just drag and drop into a fresh copy of KSP .23.5 and its good to go. Both craft files are in there including the mod parts for my old old space plane.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=61864300876368959815

Feel free to take license as you see fit, the satellite in the plane holds no importance to me so replace it, remove it or whatever. I "named" this specific model of Mk. 44-E Wasp ALACRITY and the Mk. 7-A Traveller BEAGLE II.

Due to my own limitations this is about the best I can do with my "skills" and software experience.

13956191072_c3f842742a_o.pngDuna Station by [email protected], on Flickr
Edited by Turd

Our poster printer will do 2880x1440 dpi, I'd settle for a 16" x 20" print really, anything above 300 ppi generally looks really good. I still can't go that large myself with my current ability or lack thereof in my old version of Photoshop.

My prints of the lunar eclipse this month were done at 7200x4800 pixels and only 240 PPI on the 20x30 so they came out not so great, but decent from 5 feet away.

Edited by Turd

Our poster printer will do 2880x1440 dpi, I'd settle for a 16" x 20" print really, anything above 300 ppi generally looks really good. I still can't go that large myself with my current ability or lack thereof in my old version of Photoshop.

My prints of the lunar eclipse this month were done at 7200x4800 pixels and only 240 PPI on the 20x30 so they came out not so great, but decent from 5 feet away.

so then a 6000x4800 pixel image should do

Hey Rareden,

Are you currently taking requests? Because your skill is amazing and I would love it if you did an artwork for me!

not actively taking them as i dont have much spare time but pitch the idea any way

Hey Rareden I finally found the right caption for this poster

I don't always mix fuel and oxidizer...

http://i.imgur.com/ssBeuXr.jpg

But when I do you better run

How about this one for that poster caption?

"What's a Kerbal anyway?"

or

"Not sure I want to sell it for that price, I will have to get with Jebediah"

Edited by castille7

• 2 weeks later...
How about this one for that poster caption?

"What's a Kerbal anyway?"

or

"Not sure I want to sell it for that price, I will have to get with Jebediah"

The meme only makes sense with an "I don't always beginning" and a "but when I do" end

Someone else drew a picture of this a while back with "I don't always test my rockets, but when I do I'm in space"

He said that he couldn't think up the "but when I do" part so he made it up and it didn't come off too well so, I went for mixing fuel and oxidizer since "but when I do" should imply a negative outcome if it's supposed to be humorous at all

Edited by Halsfury

How do you manage the import of the scene in 3ds Max after ripping with ninja ripper ?

Personnaly i'm considering modelling myself the ships since textures are always missing and that it's a very time consuming process to rebuild them...

How do you manage the import of the scene in 3ds Max after ripping with ninja ripper ?

Personnaly i'm considering modelling myself the ships since textures are always missing and that it's a very time consuming process to rebuild them...

ninja ripper generates usually 3 versions of the model, one with a skybox texture on it, one with a white texture and one with the proper texture, but lately ive been modeling them myself because of better quality

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.