[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

think you could break this up into separate packs, I'm here for the spaceplane parts and even when optimized, I don't think my computer can handle 170 new parts :(

Mine can so unless you have a windows 3.11 with 1Go, yours can.

I might be doing something wrong but I can't get a Kerbal out of the 'S2 Crew Tank 2M' after boarding it. Also I can't seem to attach anything to the points in the cargo bays

I have a different problem with the new B9 pack. I've installed it properly, merging the folders in the zip into the KSP root directory, and I have all the parts including SABREs. However, while the small SABRE works perfectly, the medium version doesn't display a thrust animation in either mode, and only indicates thrust on the context menu when in rocket mode. However, I'm not actually getting any thrust.

Had to dig a bit, but I found what I was after:

I narrowed down that the ExsurgentEngineering Plugin is causing any ModuleManager override to no longer work. I tested this with a fresh download of B9 and was trying to use the remotetech probe compatibility plugin with it(which is just a config and modulemanager). As soon as I removed ExsurgentEngineering it started working again.
ExsurgentEngineering.dll should not be removed, it is required for SABREs and new thrust vectoring module.
Does anyone know if there are parts other than the SABREs and thrust vectoring engine that would be affected? I'm considering depriving myself of the new engines in favor of getting my antennae working again.

Is there FAR support for this mod?

Yes there is, otherwise my space planes would have serious trouble.

Another space plane after testing out FAR with B9.

sbSHzNU.jpg

...And an amazingly successful landing.

B6I8b6c.jpg

As you can see B9 works well with FAR.

Great mod, but I'm having a problem with the cargo bay doors. I can't close them, and when I right click on them no menu appears. I tried action groups, but there is no option for the cargo doors to open or close. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if this is a bug.

Do you have the firespitter dll installed? It comes with the pack and the doors use it now, just in case you saw it there and didn't know why and happened to delete it

I have a different problem with the new B9 pack. I've installed it properly, merging the folders in the zip into the KSP root directory, and I have all the parts including SABREs. However, while the small SABRE works perfectly, the medium version doesn't display a thrust animation in either mode, and only indicates thrust on the context menu when in rocket mode. However, I'm not actually getting any thrust.

Yeah as said previously ModuleManager an Exsurgent Engineer Conflict, (in fact any modulemanager mod will have issues) If you don't mind giving up the thrust vectored jet and the Sabres, you can (but not suggested) remove Exsurgent Engineer) or very time consuming you can remove module manager and hand merge the config files (took me an hour or so))

I think the Module Manager author said something about fixing EE but I haven't seen further

Something seem wrong with the flow value in those "RBM Variable Geometry Intake", the flow value is around 10 times as much as any other similar sized intake, bug or intended?

I hate to admit it, since I'm finding them so useful, but these intakes do seem... well, for lack of a better word, overpowered. A single intake can power the low-bypass non-thrust vectoring turbojet engine up to between 25 to 30k at ~mach 4 before I have to start thinking about cutting the engines. For a single intake, that might be a bit much. It's nice, since I don't have to stack intakes or anything like that, but still...

Oh, also, I'm running FAR. Taverius, are they supposed to be this effective? Your own mod hardly goes out of its way to make things easier, so I have to assume there's a reason for this. If there is, I'd be interested to know what it is. If it's realistic, then I'll accept it as the order of things.

I do but I still get those results make it stop!!!

part of the B9 install instructions is to delete/remove all old B9 parts and plugins....since your issue is how the new release overwrites the old parts it does not really sound as if your following the instructions, sorry if im misreading the situation