[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Hey guys... I have windows 8, and maybe that's part of the problem, but no matter what I try, I can not get all the parts to show up. I copy the gamedata folder over, try to put everything in it's place... what am I doing wrong?

If you're only looking at the part folders and not starting up the game, that's what you're doing wrong. Part of B9's optimization is to have multiple parts per folder.

If you're starting the game up and still missing pieces, I dunno.

If you're only looking at the part folders and not starting up the game, that's what you're doing wrong. Part of B9's optimization is to have multiple parts per folder.

If you're starting the game up and still missing pieces, I dunno.

Bingo. That's what's going on. I start up the game, and I'm missing pieces. I think this may be because I don't have the mod folders in the right place. Thing is, I don't know where the right place is. Can someone who has successfully installed it show me where they put the mod folders?

Put the engines on the fuselage, then put the intakes infront of them. Its a problem with the symmetry in the VABS.

Since the intakes won't attach when simmetry is on, I have to disable it, attach the intake to only one engine, then turn simmetry on. Since the engine is exactly the same both up and down, it's hard to gauge if this is happening.

EDIT- This happens with simmetry on as well.

EDIT- If you turn the plane on it's side, it works properly, but you'll have botched simmetry and will haev to attach the engines one by one.

Edited by MR4Y

I'm having a slight problem with the VTOL engines:

T235Mqq.png

If you click on the jet, you will see and "inverse" option. This will fix it to you, but only invert the jets of one side of the ship...

I'm having a slight problem with the VTOL engines:

T235Mqq.png

The plugin should revert the engines automatically. Are you completely sure you have plugins installed correctly? Is all other VTOL functionality, like rotation action groups on VX-1 example craft, working properly?

The plugin should revert the engines automatically. Are you completely sure you have plugins installed correctly? Is all other VTOL functionality, like rotation action groups on VX-1 example craft, working properly?

I guess. How can I be certified it is? I'm not using B9 by itself, but I installed it last, overwritting all other mods that had similar parts. I'm using the JS Generic Mod Enabler. Not sure it this changes the mod behavior.

And yes, the VX-1 is working propeerly, even when changing the action groups from lower/raise to toggling vtol mode. It's just when I add those on my crafts that this happens. And as I said, since the engine looks exactly the same upside down or rightside up, I can't tell if it's placed properly, unless I test it at launch.

If you look closely at the engines they have a little arrow on the side showing which way is down in vertical mode. The arrow also shows where the vertical center of thrust will be in the second mode.

If you look closely at the engines they have a little arrow on the side showing which way is down in vertical mode. The arrow also shows where the vertical center of thrust will be in the second mode.

It's almost impossible to see it, espcially if someone uses the game on the lowest texture quality, which I don't, but still is hard to see.

I am trying to do a simple B9 Aerospace themed Space Shuttle(NOT SSTO), where most of the vessel is just cargo bays, That is using disposable tanks go to up, then using the shuttle's engines to maneuver around orbit and reentry. I want to be as compact as possible like irl

I'm always short of fuel on the shuttle itself. Anyone here has a good design I can look into as an example?

Here is mine.

BB179D0CC338508CB8297E28DBFB8EEBE8CF1143

I am trying to do a simple B9 Aerospace themed Space Shuttle(NOT SSTO), where most of the vessel is just cargo bays, That is using disposable tanks go to up, then using the shuttle's engines to maneuver around orbit and reentry. I want to be as compact as possible like irl

I'm always short of fuel on the shuttle itself. Anyone here has a good design I can look into as an example?

Here is mine.

BB179D0CC338508CB8297E28DBFB8EEBE8CF1143

I'm curious about that thing at the bottom of your screen, to the right of the parts list.

lyndonguitar

Try using the the extension tanks for the side, i forget the proper name for them. But they attach to the side of the cargo bays i think. I believe that will give you enough

Or you can make some like i did in page 76 post 1516.

protoz

That is one nice piece of machinery. on post 1635

Edited by viperwolf

Similar. This one is SSTO capable with a bit of fuel left over for doing LKO manoeuvres. The side cylindrical tank is liquid fuel from the firespitter pack and the last 2 fuel tanks before the engine are LFO tanks.

15sieUo.jpg

TFE731 turbofan engine's intake is 6x greater than sabre m's intake, working as intended?

I achieved 1,600 velocity at 41,000m altitude on the vonnegutt just by simply adding twin TFE731s on air intakes while hauling 18 tons in cargo.

Edited by protoz

protoz

That is one nice piece of machinery. on post 1635

Ya im trying to take that thing to Duna, i orbited kerbin w. half a fuel tank left, the things 180~ tons. Need to see what its gonna weight once its filled w. 32,000 kethane.

Edited by protoz

I'm curious about that thing at the bottom of your screen, to the right of the parts list.

Part-search plugin.

The problem I have with shuttles is that the lift generated by the wings is chaos on lift-off. I can usually get to about 15km before it begins to pitch over and the world ends. If that thing works, good for you.

I have made a Spaceshuttle that works very very well and comes surprisingly close to the real one - looks wise. Reaches 200km orbit with 1000 LF / 1200 Ox left. which should be around 1500-2000m/s dv with this vehicle. I will post a video of it soonâ„¢.

SFogapk.jpg

Part-search plugin.

The problem I have with shuttles is that the lift generated by the wings is chaos on lift-off. I can usually get to about 15km before it begins to pitch over and the world ends. If that thing works, good for you.

I dub this the chiken walk. For some strange reason, the aircraft wants to roll and yaw in either direction when you reach about 100 m/s when using the big SABRE engine. This happens with or without B9's wings, as I tested it with pwings as well.

EDIT- It happens with the small SABRE as well.

Edited by MR4Y

Changelog:

Intake stats recalculated using a different formula (factoring the root of mass / 0.01 for unitScalar, and factoring (unitScalar+sqrt(coeff))/(unitscalar+1) into the speed). Nothing changed gameplay-wise, but that will fix improper flow reporting in KSP context windows. Nope, RBM intakes never were 10 times more powerful than others, KSP lied to you. It will continue to lie about air speed though.

Well, actually the flow number in the menu perfectly correctly represents the actual intake air produced, as shown by my flame-out test in the FAR thread: http://imgur.com/a/dAL2W :P. The air speed bit is just the way it makes a stationary intake produce air by adding a constant to the actual speed; the only difference from the stock intakes is the exact value of the constant.