[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Yeah as said previously ModuleManager an Exsurgent Engineer Conflict, (in fact any modulemanager mod will have issues) If you don't mind giving up the thrust vectored jet and the Sabres, you can (but not suggested) remove Exsurgent Engineer) or very time consuming you can remove module manager and hand merge the config files (took me an hour or so))

I think the Module Manager author said something about fixing EE but I haven't seen further

So, removing ExsurgentEngineering.dll will cause the SABRE M to not work? Or will removing it cause it to work? I don't have anything that uses Exsurgent Engineering, so I'm leaning towards deleting the plugin, but just the same, what's the fix for the part files?

Is there any way to make the Aerobrakes behave like a control surface either through part.cfg tweaking or keybinding wizardry? ie, when I press yaw left, the aerobrakes on the right side will engage as long as I am yawing left. combined with the awesome smarter thrust vectoring in the pack, I would be able to make an extremely maneuverable craft.

Thanks for the great mod!

ummm...WOW!

kinda off the wall use of part, but that's amazing and very well done sir!

also what kinda food they got there?...I could go for some chicken strips n gravy..

Well, I'm sad to say the Diner might be the fastest there is, but it simply lacks atmosphere.

For n-th time, KSP is a 32-bit executable and whether you have 8 or 128 Gb RAM makes zero difference. It can't use more than 4gb. You also won't free much memory by getting rid of B9. Try removing KW Rocketry instead, which is five times bigger (400mb vs 73mb).

Don't worry, I'm in act fully aware KSP is a 32bit exe, I just mentioned that because every time someone mentions load/performance issues the default response from people seems to have been to blame lack of ram etc.

It does seem to be keeling over much much less now, however I suspect there may have been some system instability on that load for some bizarre reason... my folders renamed themselves on next load. I might try and re-introducing and test to see if it was just a dodgy boot. 400mb for KW? Jesus. I hope that gets nailed with the new method asap, I'd quite enjoy not being able to spend the entire loading screen cooking half my food for the week in the kitchen...

Something seem wrong with the flow value in those "RBM Variable Geometry Intake", the flow value is around 10 times as much as any other similar sized intake, bug or intended?

-pic-

taking into account they have 40 times the mass of the vainilla intake i assume is intended

I hate to admit it, since I'm finding them so useful, but these intakes do seem... well, for lack of a better word, overpowered. A single intake can power the low-bypass non-thrust vectoring turbojet engine up to between 25 to 30k at ~mach 4 before I have to start thinking about cutting the engines. For a single intake, that might be a bit much. It's nice, since I don't have to stack intakes or anything like that, but still...

Oh, also, I'm running FAR. Taverius, are they supposed to be this effective? Your own mod hardly goes out of its way to make things easier, so I have to assume there's a reason for this. If there is, I'd be interested to know what it is. If it's realistic, then I'll accept it as the order of things.

well if you guys havent noticed it controls air flow automatically at higher atmosphere it starts to close it just takes the jet engines a bit longer to spool down so they still provide a little thrust but they only really work between 0-20k after that your plane just skips in the atmosphere cause 2 much lift something like that, the only reason you think its overpowered is because you cant control your airflow like the mod intake can

I felt like sharing this. It's ID is C-Corp EX-3350, or company-known as the "Mogul". Came around as a variation of my crew-transport SSTO, the C-Corp EX-2400, aka "Phoenix", after I realized my space station needed docking port adapters for FusTek CBMs to stock ports... It's now become my workhorse SSTO capable of lifting quite a bit, with it's excessive TWR (6.85 with no cargo). At least until the C-Corp EX-9000 "Gatsby" gets finished, which would be for larger payloads.

Uses mostly B9 parts for it's frame and fuselage, though orbital engines are from KW rocketry, while the atmospherics are C-Corp's own Wraith MkII, which currently use stock models. There's other parts here and there from other mods I use, like TT's Modular MultiWheels, Romfarer's Lazors, etc...

First flight of the "Mogul".

c_corp_mogul_by_akutou-d67rsgl.jpg

mogul_open_by_akutou-d67rsgn.jpg

Unfortunately, shortly after meeting up with the new Hades Station, the pilots discovered that the High-Versatility Tug (the one with the extra ports) had become stuck inside the cargo bay and there was no way of getting it out. Therefore Mission Control determined the rest of the objectives a no-go and directed the crew of the "Mogul" to head back to KSC. All members of the engineering team were given looks of dis-contempt and were sent on a "Attaching Things Properly 101" seminar.

Enzon and Munfry (wat?) Kerman in front of the "Mogul" before it's second mission take off.

2013_06_04_00003_by_akutou-d67rto0.jpg

What landing gears are you using? I've never seen these one before, looks nice.

They're from TT's Modular MultiWheels.

P.S: To the devs of B9, there appears to be some weirdness with the shielded docking port... Whenever I try to deploy it, all parts round it start jumping around all crazy like. It gets deployed and everything comes back in place (most of the times, mostly), but only with Unbreakable Joints on, you don't wanna know what happens if it's off... Suffice it to say, Munfry won't be going to the Mun any time soon...

Edited by BananaDealer

To the devs of B9, there appears to be some weirdness with the shielded docking port... Whenever I try to deploy it, all parts round it start jumping around all crazy like. It gets deployed and everything comes back in place (most of the times, mostly), but only with Unbreakable Joints on, you don't wanna know what happens if it's off... Suffice it to say, Munfry won't be going to the Mun any time soon...

I was experiencing the same. Then I discovered that the RCS tanks were in the way of the port doors.

From your screenshot above I see that you designed it the same way.

Place your RCS tanks somewhere else and there wont be any more selfdisassembly. :)

I've been having a bit of an issue and I'm not sure what to pin it on.

I installed B9 and before that I've been using an updated version of KSPX and the Tri-Hexagonal struts pack.

I ended up removing quite a few B9 parts (including those belonging to every fuselage form factor other than S2 and S2 wide) because A) stability issues, and B) because thats a whole lot more parts than I'll ever use

Anyway, after that, everything seemed to run fine, until I brought my Super Heavy Lander in close to the Mun. Now, whenever I try to fly that one particular ship, or any craft close to it, the game crashes. I'm only having this issue when the B9 parts are installed.

Admittedly though, its somewhat of a high part count craft

27587DC6031EDD429A9098E08D57F4A8C6DD29E9

7895884369188EA50786255A27546074FCE72008

But I don't think thats the issue

OK i have a easy question for you guys. I noticed when using the prebuilt planes, ( using the A & D Keys )the ailerons,elevators work with the rudders. How are they doing this? I searched in the control area .And is there way to keep the Ailerons,rudders,elevators and flaps from going spastic with ASAS on? thanks for your help

((((((((((((( palihog ))))))))))))

Edited by viperwolf

Are there plans to do any rocket stuff next? Like Orion type command pods or anything like that?

No, not anytime soon.

Are the VTOL engines meant to be manually vectored at all? Was a little confused how you're supposed to control them.

Reading info popup on example VTOL that was included with the pack might help. Action groups.

think you could break this up into separate packs, I'm here for the spaceplane parts and even when optimized, I don't think my computer can handle 170 new parts :(

No, it will never be split into several mods since that would be a support and maintenance nightmare. Also, amount of parts has no relation to performance effect, amount of textures and meshes does, and it's quite low here. This mod won't push your memory usage higher by any significant margin. Pocket change in comparison with 400mb KW Rocketry.

So, removing ExsurgentEngineering.dll will cause the SABRE M to not work? Or will removing it cause it to work? I don't have anything that uses Exsurgent Engineering, so I'm leaning towards deleting the plugin, but just the same, what's the fix for the part files?

You will lose all SABRE features and all thrust vectoring functionality. Not recommended at all.

Is there any way to make the Aerobrakes behave like a control surface either through part.cfg tweaking or keybinding wizardry? ie, when I press yaw left, the aerobrakes on the right side will engage as long as I am yawing left. combined with the awesome smarter thrust vectoring in the pack, I would be able to make an extremely maneuverable craft.!

None that I know of.

To the devs of B9, there appears to be some weirdness with the shielded docking port... Whenever I try to deploy it, all parts round it start jumping around all crazy like. It gets deployed and everything comes back in place (most of the times, mostly), but only with Unbreakable Joints on, you don't wanna know what happens if it's off... Suffice it to say, Munfry won't be going to the Mun any time soon...

Look at the animation of the doors and look where you have placed RCS tanks. You are ramming the doors right into them.

@Bac9

I know... Figured it out...

Also... If you guys start making space-orientated parts, Cabana Corp might as well just stop existing... I too have plans, you know!

Also, have you considered making a hollow fuselage section for use between your HL cargo bay and tail sections? Having something without doors that open to strut wings and engines to would be nice...

Should I add a module to the .cfg of a non-B9 engine in order to make it works with the thrust vectoring mod which I don't remember the name ?

Yes, change the name of thrust vectoring module to one used in F119 engine and configure it.

@ bac9

While I love this mod, I don't use it now.

I hate to say it, but ever since KSP 0.20.x, I have to use KW Rocketry because it uses up 'less' RAM than this mod.

Yes, I just said KW Rocketry is less RAM intensive.

My KSP (0.20.2, Windows version, probably faulty for some reason) seems to think any mod with lots of png textures needs to have RAM usage blown so ridiculously out of proportion that I cannot even use B9 Aerospace in KSP 0.20.x without removing lots of other mods.

With KSP set for default rendering/textures, B9 Aerospace will use up about as much RAM as KW Rocketry. Minimum rendering and 1/8 res textures, B9 Aerospace uses up a good bit more RAM than KW rocketry.

Other 'big' mods with mostly png textures, like Lack's mod, Nukemod, or CORE Anvil, also end up causing KSP to use up many times more RAM than the mods take up HDD space in general, with CORE Anvil being the 'least' at 'only' taking up 4-5x more RAM than the mod is size wise (even at minimal rendering/textures). This unusual issue makes even the monstrously huge KW Rocketry suddenly be more memory friendly for me to use with other mods.

This was figured out using many tests of KSP + a single mod, at default and minimal graphics.

I made a support topic, but after posting some 'test results', KasperVld said this stuff is 'normal' of KSP... (which makes my brain want to break...)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33694-Updated-to-0-20-2-from-0-20-0-noticed-mods-w-png-has-KSP-RAM-usage-get-excessive

I figured since B9 Aerospace is one of the 'main offender' mods I have the problem with (and has the apparently second worst memory bloating issue), I might as well post the stuff here, so see if you have any ideas.

I already reinstalled KSP 0.20.2 once, and it was a clean install in the first place.