[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

and i could not find the plugins install instructions are not clear (dick in fan) and after ****ing ksp sideways to get it to work only the mod parts would appear and still no preupdate parts

Edited by senoiurkabls

MR4Y there is a ramjet engine within Taveriu's mod that can do the scramjet role. A true Scramjet don't makes much sense in KSP since the planet is so small with a low atmosphere that the orbital velocity is still in the range of what a scramjet could do. A single jet engine only to orbit wold be possible with one, with don't makes much sense too.

The only thing that comes close to that is SasquatchM's Pulse Detonation Engine.

With the way parts share files n such now is it still possible to trim mod packs down? Love the B9 parts, but honestly there is about 1/3 of them I will never use. Used to be if you didn't want a part you just delete it, but Im not sure if its the same now.

With the way parts share files n such now is it still possible to trim mod packs down? Love the B9 parts, but honestly there is about 1/3 of them I will never use. Used to be if you didn't want a part you just delete it, but Im not sure if its the same now.

Yes, but with a caveat. There are three cases to consider:

If a part you want to get rid of is a unique part, like the B9 Aero_Airbrake_Surface, you can delete the part by deleting the directory, with no side-effects.

If the part is a cloned part, like the B9 S2 Fuel Tank, you can delete the .cfg for it and it will go away. You can also delete any override textures it uses, as long as those textures aren't in use by any other parts you want to keep.

If the part is the parent of clone parts, like the S2 Fuselage Section 2m, you can delete the cfg file safely. However, if you want to use any of the other clone parts, you can't delete the mesh, and you can't delete the texture if it's used by other parts you want.

It's pretty much something you'll have to decide on a case-by-case basis/

Hey has any progress been posted on the Module Manager plus Exsurgent Engineer conflict? last i seen Iabadoeth (god i hope i spelled that right) had been given permission to distribute it and had fixed it, but I cannot seem to find any further progress.

Did I miss anything?

Yes, but with a caveat. There are three cases to consider:

If a part you want to get rid of is a unique part, like the B9 Aero_Airbrake_Surface, you can delete the part by deleting the directory, with no side-effects.

If the part is a cloned part, like the B9 S2 Fuel Tank, you can delete the .cfg for it and it will go away. You can also delete any override textures it uses, as long as those textures aren't in use by any other parts you want to keep.

If the part is the parent of clone parts, like the S2 Fuselage Section 2m, you can delete the cfg file safely. However, if you want to use any of the other clone parts, you can't delete the mesh, and you can't delete the texture if it's used by other parts you want.

It's pretty much something you'll have to decide on a case-by-case basis/

drat, figured if it could be done it would be a hassle like that, thanks for info

Loving the new SABRE engines. After many "simulated" flights and design changes the new "Hercules" SSTO-Lifter made it to a 380km orbit with his payload, a 5,6t Surveyor-Probe. With 1,6k dV left in his tanks, Mun is still in reach without the need of refuelling.

herculeslifter.th.png herculespayload.th.png

Let's hope our brave Kerbal Oblas Kerman will survive the reentry.. Deadly Reentry ripped him appart the last time i tried (didnt expect those 16+G's when turning xD )

I discovered that if you take the Throttle Steering mod and install it in gamedata, then mod the B9 VTOL engines, it works! Four point VTOL with the bac9 engines suddenly becomes vaguely controllable, even without RCS thrusters!

However, there is one slight snag if you want to use the rotation feature - the prograde / retrograde indicators do not follow the angle of the engines.

Ideally, if coming in to land, you would want to land sort of like a rocket - line up the heading indicator (-w- symbol) with retrograde, burn and keep the w in the retrograde symbol. However, once you rotate the engines down, that all goes out the window.

So some sort of code in the DLL to insert icon(s) onto the navball depending on the angle of these engines would be really handy.

Failing that, if anyone knows the code to insert the symbol on the navball, I can compile a dll to do it maybe. I had a bit of a dig around but I cant quite work out how to do it - any help appreciated.

As much as I love the new low-profile RCS tanks and thrusters, the texturing seems a bit....ugly for some reason, like they tend to shimmer a bit for me due to the contrast or something. I play with the highest detail settings and 4x anti-aliasing too.

I discovered that if you take the Throttle Steering mod and install it in gamedata, then mod the B9 VTOL engines, it works! Four point VTOL with the bac9 engines suddenly becomes vaguely controllable, even without RCS thrusters!

However, there is one slight snag if you want to use the rotation feature - the prograde / retrograde indicators do not follow the angle of the engines.

Ideally, if coming in to land, you would want to land sort of like a rocket - line up the heading indicator (-w- symbol) with retrograde, burn and keep the w in the retrograde symbol. However, once you rotate the engines down, that all goes out the window.

So some sort of code in the DLL to insert icon(s) onto the navball depending on the angle of these engines would be really handy.

Failing that, if anyone knows the code to insert the symbol on the navball, I can compile a dll to do it maybe. I had a bit of a dig around but I cant quite work out how to do it - any help appreciated.

I suppose you could have a part facing "up" on the craft and then select "control from here" so the "front" of the craft by the navball is then changed 90 degrees. But, yeah, that's just a kludge, a plugin would be ideal.

As much as I love the new low-profile RCS tanks and thrusters, the texturing seems a bit....ugly for some reason, like they tend to shimmer a bit for me due to the contrast or something. I play with the highest detail settings and 4x anti-aliasing too.

Same for the airbrakes as well. Seems to happen if you put them on round parts

Hi there,

I am hoping to play with this pack, I love the SABRE engine (I was a big fan of the original HOTOL project that started a lot of that research work) but sadly, as I have been debating over on the RemoteTech thread, it seems there's a Linux related incompatibility between B9 and RemoteTech that means I cannot have both loaded into the game- the game crashes with a segmentation fault error if both B9 and RemoteTech are present together, during the loading of the internal cockpit spaces. I know both you and RemoteTech seem to be programmatically adjusting the interior spaces, so I suspect that there's a conflict that causes a linux crash, and I'm hoping you are interested in researching why.

Also, yes, I know the combination runs fine on Windows, however on Linux it's a 100% crash rate. Both mods load fine if they're not installed together, so it's definitely a direct interaction between the mods.

I have Ferram and a plane with airbrakes on the top trailing edge of the wing. Intuition would suggest it would make the plane pitch up, just like a control surface would in that position and orientation. Instead, it makes the plane pitch down. Any ideas what is happening?

No.

For n-th time, find GameData and Ships folders that are already existing in your root KSP folder and overwrite them with Gamedata and Ships folders from the archive. I don't understand how it's possible to do something wrong there.

Done it now, cheers! Sorry it must get annoying the amount you have to say it, I should've probably not attempted it while drunk, too...

the game crashes with a segmentation fault error if both B9 and RemoteTech are present together, during the loading of the internal cockpit spaces

Can you post the Player.log?

since 20.2 i cant get any of the animations to work for B9 and most of the context menus seems to be missing as well. I have deleted, re-installed ksp many times and loaded it with only B9 still no change.

IE : when i load the Vance it loads perfectly, but when i check the action groups for the VTOL engines I only have the options of Toggle Engine, Shutdown Engine, Activate Engine, and Toggle Gimbal.

When I launch the plane and use toggle engine it just turns them on or off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are your wings in front of the COM? If yes, the air brakes are pushing the wings down, making you rotate down.

The wings run the length of the plane, but the airbrakes are positioned in the rear. Airflow should push the rear of the wings down, causing the front to rise.

Can you post the Player.log?

Thanks to help from velusip on the RemoteTech post I was referred to here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33232-Linux-version-does-not-start-unless-some-files-are-removed

This seems to be a bug in the png lib shipped in the linux build (it's embedded so I can't change it), so randomly the game shifts outside the "safe" 2GB zone where this buggy code will 'work'. The fix works well, and KSP now loads with both your and remotetech's mods running.. I suspect other linux users who might have similar problems with 'larger' mod packs such as B9 and remotetech will also hit this bug randomly, and will therefore benefit from this fix. Hope it helps!