[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Yeah, since I saw the infodrive in Firespitter first I am going to assume that installing the firespitter plugin and either B9 or firespitter infodrive part will do the trick as standalone.

Ah, yes. That did do the trick. Thanks to you both

I've only tested it briefly, but it looks like FAR and the SABRE M aren't getting on. SABRE S works ok, I've just orbited one.

The engine is generating thrust in the info panel, just doesn't actually do anything with it.

Spanier, VanDisaster, FAR v0.9.5 uses ModuleManager, with ... predictable results, given B9's incompatibility with it. That's a bit of a downer for those of us who are FAR users and B9 fans. Like me. I'm really hoping that the incompatibility gets ironed out, or it's bye-bye to my B9-plane-based space program.

In the Deadly Reentry thread, ialdaboath released a fixed version of ExsurgentEngineering which fixes the incompatibility between it and ModuleManager. I can confirm it works spectacularly, as I'm using B9 with FAR and DR and the SABRE engines work perfectly.

This mod + FAR = The most work vs. reward game I've played since I enjoyed Minecraft. I've had so much fun already and I only just finished installing my many mods. I'm so proud of my first big creation that I have to show it off here. This is the Galaxy Mk1. (american analog, british naming system.. shoot me.)

bex4xd.png

I've basically used this as a starting point for building multi-engine craft... by KSP standards I'd consider this a small one. Procedural wings helped with the main wing, but mostly everything else is B9 and I absolutely love the option to have cargo space and seating for Kerbals onboard. This is going to take me places. Note the raked wingtips; I love the look of the 787 wing and decided to try it out. I have no idea what it does aerodynamically.

I was fairly conservative on weight as this was my first design. It carries 1840 units of jet fuel and it has 4m of cargo space. Seats four kerbals and two crew.

2qkuum8.png

The brave Kerbals that test-flew the first Galaxy prototype airframe. And I mean brave. Doodton and Newtop Kerman. They found in a short-haul circuit flight to the nearby mountain range and back, that the aircraft cruises at around 7km altitude and over 200m/s surface speed. The hop burned only 17 units of fuel.

I'm really, really pleased with this design, but it does have its issues. I can't really put it up to full thrust because the centre of thrust is below the centre of mass. At about 3/4 thrust it really wants to pitch up, and it's difficult to push it back down while maintaining aerodynamic stability. But I have to say a huge thank-you to bac9 for this pack. It blows everything before it out of the water.

Edit: Just noticed the way the turbofan engines spool down too. Totally awesome.

Edited by Volt

Ok, so this may be a issue because I haven't updated to R3.1, but the SABREs on my kickass VTOL SSTO somehow flameout at around 65km, IN ROCKET MODE. I'm thinking it's probably an issue with the source files, but could there be any other reasons?

T5Leujv

think this error is related to a plugin included in this pack:

(Filename: Line: -1)

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String' date=VInfoBox].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at HydraEngineController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Its spammed throughout my logs. :(

Also, does anyone know why this happens? :

rMMU65Ul.png

The nose just falls off, but is still considered part of the ship, you can stll fire engines and RCS even though the parts are no longer physically connected..

Edited by s20dan

think this error is related to a plugin included in this pack:

Its spammed throughout my logs. :(

Do you also have either DeadlyReentry or Modular Fuel Tanks? Because that looks like a bug from my version of ExsurgentEngineering. If so, I'll look into it.

Edited by ialdabaoth

Do you also have either DeadlyReentry or Modular Fuel Tanks? Because that looks like a bug from my version of ExsurgentEngineering. If so, I'll look into it.

I have them both actually so yes I have your updated ExsurgentEngineering.dll. I can't play without Modular Fuel Tanks, it's too good :)

I have them both actually so yes I have your updated ExsurgentEngineering.dll. I can't play without Modular Fuel Tanks, it's too good :)

And how you use Modular Fuel Tanks? the install instructions seem simple, but then you download it and it has this strange folder structure and all that guff, as well as the devs not answering to peopel requesting better and more detailed install instructions.

And how you use Modular Fuel Tanks? the install instructions seem simple, but then you download it and it has this strange folder structure and all that guff, as well as the devs not answering to peopel requesting better and more detailed install instructions.

Just take the ModularFuelTanks folder and make sure it goes inside your GameData/ Folder. If you just want the basic version make sure to delete the Real Fuels folder and .zip.

If you want the advanced version, copy everything out of the real fuels folder into the ModularFuelTanks base folder, and the same with the .zip file.

Once fully installed you should have two folders called Plugins and Resources and a bunch of .config files inside the ModularFuelTanks folder.

One of the configs will be the B9_modularFuelTanks.cfg Copy the contents from here : http://pastebin.com/gbLirJRg and paste them over the contents of that file.

It will eable Modular fuel tanks for almost all B9 parts.

P.S. You may notice the .git folder and the DS Store files... delete them, they shouldn't even be in there :)

.git folder is or the .git subversion system stuff... shouldn't be there. And Ds Store is the Macs version of Thumbs.db...

Also, does anyone know why this happens? :

The nose just falls off, but is still considered part of the ship, you can stll fire engines and RCS even though the parts are no longer physically connected..

no idea why it happens, but i had this happen to me today. it was very weird. it wasn't the cockpit that came off, either. it was an rcs tank a few parts back. ended up sending me into a death spin. that's okay, though. that plane sucked anyway.

Yeah, it's because I'm on a Mac, and I don't have a very good zip program. :( From now on, I'm going to try to just put everything into a GameData folder.

Is there a problem with FAR, that makes the SABRE not produce thrust?

Since I reinstalled B9 and the rest of my mods my SABRES don't work either. The game doesn't even recognize them as engines. I do have Far, Mechjeb, an Ironcross Crew Support