[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I tracked down the culprit - the original install had map files from ISA Mapsat that I guess must of been pushing me over the limit.

So yea....guess its the same memory issues as everyone else

Will the 4.0c version with the lower res textures break the crafts we made with 4.0?

Why would it? :huh:

You don't have to take out a mod. You can just downsize the B9 textures, most of them are 1024*1024 and can be safely downsized to 512*512 with a program like paint.NET.

Textures_Reduced in 4.0c.

Indeed B9 brings memory usage very close to the limit by itself (narrowed down the mods i was using to this). Trying the reduced texture pack... Is there any issue with that pack and v4.0 ?

The one provided with 4.0c, obviously, has no issues. The 3rd party one needs to be updated, we've moved some things around and added some others.

That is one fatass mod, thanks for the reduced textures.

You're welcome - It was planned to do one, we just didn't expect it to be quite this urgent.

If there is anyone the memory usage could be reduced further, that would be awesome.

I could also shrink the 512x512 textures to half size, and save you about 20 megs of ram :D

Either turn down the detail in KSP, or wait for PolecatEZ to update his - he shrinks a lot more aggressively than we have or will; we won't go below quarter-res of the intended size.

Also, it still doesn't use page file, which would pretty much remedy all the memory issues. It'd introduce some slowdown if you exceed the limit, but would prevent crashes.

Yeah, thanks for the quick patch. It solves the memory issue. I guess we really need that 64 bit version now, or better memory optimizations maybe (not sure why the game takes up to 4GB of RAM actually). Back to more flight tests for my advanced FAR SSTO, loving the new landing gears already, and really love the new medium size stabilators (they were just what the doctor ordered for my MK2 SSTO).

Thank you for this mod and keeping it up to date. your probably tired of hearing people say that. But its sooooooooooooo appreciated. Even though this is a BIG mod, it eliminates the use of some other mods also. If you keep adding parts maybe one day all we will need is just three or four different ones. Instead of 15 to 20

A lot of parts are locked stating requires entry purchase in R&D, i don't see a "entry" tech and i have everything unlocked.

You need to go into your R&D building and "purchase" each part from the node it's unlocked with... It costs you nothing right now since that's a feature for when they finally implement money and economy...

If you added the mod after starting the game;

Just go into R&D and select all the topics you've already unlocked that have a number on them.

Then click on the parts on the right to unlock the ones you missed.

Damn, ninja'd.

You need to go into your R&D building and "purchase" each part from the node it's unlocked with... It costs you nothing right now since that's a feature for when they finally implement money and economy...

I see, this definitely needs a few variations of buttons such as "purchase everything in selected tech parts: cheapest to highest". Clicking 20-30 times for each tech and scrolling down is not fun :P

I see, this definitely needs a few variations of buttons such as "purchase everything in selected tech parts: cheapest to highest". Clicking 20-30 times for each tech and scrolling down is not fun :P

Well, maybe I'll look into hot-wiring some extra buttons in the R&D facility with Cabana Corp's new release...

What's up with the mk2 cargo bay playing the closing (instead of opening) animation in the editor? all the other cargo holds end up open so you can actually see where to put stuff.