[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

....... That's what the reduced textures pack in 4.0c does.

you know at one point someone should grow a brain and look through the tread for posts of there problem so you wouldnt have to repeat yourself 20 times

Why is there a memory cap? I have a lot of memory and this game can only use just under 4, is that so almost any computer can run it?

Its a 32bit program therefore it has a limit to the amount of allocated memory it can use. Sucks I know. I hope they can add a LAA (Large address awareness) patch to KSP to allow more memory usage if unity supports it that is.

I also found a cool thing for unity that allows the use of Multicore/Muilt-threading and there was a video showing the differences with it on and off and it was quite huge! I wonder if it would be possible to add it to ksp to benefit it.

It works for all platforms but it cost 50 bucks.

Its a 32bit program therefore it has a limit to the amount of allocated memory it can use. Sucks I know. I hope they can add a LAA (Large address awareness) patch to KSP to allow more memory usage if unity supports it that is.

It's already LAA aware. That's why KSP doesn't crash when it uses more than 2 GB of memory.

The 3.5GB limit is one intrinsic to 32bit programs, so unless you're willing to switch to a Linux OS or the 64-bit versions of Windows and Mac Unity get stable versions, it's one we're stuck with for now.

I can only suggest to the mod creators to make the downsized textures default? I'm sure that a few of the complaints are from people that never noticed the "Textures_Reduced" folder inside the zip.

I second this. There really is no need for 1024x1024 textures. When I installed Universe Replacer, I resized all the custom Kerbal faces to 512x512 from 1024x1024 and didn't notice any difference. I mean, unless you're zooming in a crazy amount, it will look fine.

Apologies if this has been answered before but why do the ailerons crazily flap about whenever I turn SAS on? This happens when I use the vanilla ailerons as well as the B9 ones.

What control part do I have to place in order to fix this? How to fix this?

Much appreciated.

Is anyone having trouble with air intakes shutting down whenever aircraft are created?

My SSTO UAV is only operating under 1 intake, and I cannot make supersonic under air-breathing modes right now.

EDIT: Specifically, the open-intake command is not working at all...

Edited by Mekan1k

You did not install in the location we provided. As detailed in the OP, in the install instruction, if you change the names of the folders, the mod will not work.

The point is that I DO install correct! All forders from the archive I moved to GameData, no folder names was changed, all seems to be proper BUT that damn nosecones, radial and inline ex-asas/avionics just dont loads into the game!

QFuCiB3.png

I've tried it dosens of times - with other mods and on clear install, but result is the same. In fact this bug was present in R3.3 too, I was hoping that in R4 it will be fixed but my dreams did not came true... :'(

I can only suggest to the mod creators to make the downsized textures default? I'm sure that a few of the complaints are from people that never noticed the "Textures_Reduced" folder inside the zip.

No plans at all, full resolution textures work for many 64-bit OS users so I have no reason to throw them away. It is the definitive version. I don't think installing the reduced texture pack using the same tricky skill of folder overwriting you have to use to install B9 itself is a very hard challenge.

KSP is already LAA, otherwise it would've crashed at 2Gb and not on 3.5Gb+.

Edited by bac9

Happy to not be reporting a bug but boy those SABREs are temperamental now! My old SSTO ran them at 100% during the entire ascent and while working on a new one it overheated and blew at about 20km. Not that I'm complaining, I love a challenge and they were always very powerful. Too bad those stock engine nacelles don't do any cooling haha.

The Medium SABRE engines would always over heat and explode for me now unless I attach the engine to a wing then a pre-cooler and an intake. If this is a bug a fix would be great!

The point is that I DO install correct! All forders from the archive I moved to GameData, no folder names was changed, all seems to be proper BUT that damn nosecones, radial and inline ex-asas/avionics just dont loads into the game!

I've tried it dosens of times - with other mods and on clear install, but result is the same. In fact this bug was present in R3.3 too, I was hoping that in R4 it will be fixed but my dreams did not came true... :'(

Can we see the rest of your GameData folder?

Is anyone having trouble with air intakes shutting down whenever aircraft are created?

My SSTO UAV is only operating under 1 intake, and I cannot make supersonic under air-breathing modes right now.

EDIT: Specifically, the open-intake command is not working at all...

Do you have mech jeb set to monitor air intakes? It will open them when it needs to use them.

If you have MJ installed, check the utilities tab. There will be a Manage Air Intakes button. Un-check it.

BTW the SABRE M are randomly exploding from overheat instantly Why don't you revert back to when they didn't since it doesn't make sense anyways because of the engines cooling system IRL. For right now it could be a bug but if not it is a pain and make the SABRE unusable.

BTW the SABRE M are randomly exploding from overheat instantly Why don't you revert back to when they didn't since it doesn't make sense anyways because of the engines cooling system IRL. For right now it could be a bug but if not it is a pain and make the SABRE unusable.

I will check again if they're now too high, but I won't disable the heat production. Overheating possibility is intended, it was simply missing from the Ms until 4.0 because of an oversight.