[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I know this really isn't the place to be asking this, but does anybody know what mod that is for those station parts. I've been trying to find it on spaceport forever but it doesn't seem to be under any categories.

Lack Luster Lab

I know this really isn't the place to be asking this, but does anybody know what mod that is for those station parts. I've been trying to find it on spaceport forever but it doesn't seem to be under any categories.

You are looking for both Lack Luster Labs and Tri-Hexagonal-Structural-Strut from what I see in that picture.

That image is also a great mesh of all three part packs.

I like the SABRE engines!

However, it doesn't make much sense to me that the intakes are under the aerodynamics tab, the intercoolers under structural, and the engines themselves under propulsion. I suggest that placing them all under propulsion would be much more user friendly.

Turns out that 8GB of RAM isn't enough to run all the mods any more. B9 being a very large memory hog I've had to chop it. :( But it's pretty...

For n-th time, KSP is a 32-bit executable and whether you have 8 or 128 Gb RAM makes zero difference. It can't use more than 4gb. You also won't free much memory by getting rid of B9. Try removing KW Rocketry instead, which is five times bigger (400mb vs 73mb).

For n-th time, KSP is a 32-bit executable and whether you have 8 or 128 Gb RAM makes zero difference. It can't use more than 4gb. You also won't free much memory by getting rid of B9. Try removing KW Rocketry instead, which is five times bigger (400mb vs 73mb).

Personally I prefer sideways 8 to n-th. I'm really impressed with how you were able to reduce the size by having the parts share assets. That has great potential for the rest of the community.

Please bear with my absolute ignorance of anything involving coding, but how were you able to add RCS functionality to the S2 pod if parts only accept one animation currently. Like I said, I have no understanding of how any of that works, just that it does.

Edited by shadowsutekh

Note that if you're like me and just use KW for the 3m parts, removing all the 1m and 2m parts will shave KW down from 400mb to about 165mb.

I'm really impressed with how you were able to reduce the size by having the parts share assets. That has great potential for the rest of the community.

Yes, Winston will be able to slash KW Rocketry size at the very least twice with this method.

Please bear with my absolute ignorance of anything involving coding, but how were you able to add RCS functionality to the S2 pod if parts only accept one animation currently. Like I said, I have no understanding of how any of that works, just that it does.

You only have to add thrust vectors and rcs module, it has nothing to do with animation.

Have you thought about adding radial mount Drogue shoots to your pack I have only seen one mod that adds them to the game and its a re-textured stock part?

Also maybe a sexy-er set of landing gear when ever I build a plane with your pack it brings tears to my eyes when I have to add the ugly stock gear to an otherwise streamlined craft.

Made a vertical launch "spaceplane" (super easy to control) with the SABRE engines, ejected them and used my modded atomic engines once I got out of atmostphere. It was of my more epic docking adventures:

LPXceFTh.jpg

LcWxdqLh.jpg

ZPwVZjJh.jpg

Maybe not with their current skins, but there's no reason they couldn't share some new textures. Models wouldn't really need to change for most of them for things like fuel tanks at least. I'd actually prefer if the orange jumbo 64 was silver to match the rest of the 2.5m tanks!

Err, i made a thread search with term "decoupler", didnt got any dice. Anyway sorry if its been asked before, but do we have any matching part to decouple, lets say, the pods from the rest of the craft?

I coulndt find any, and anyway i could edit a node of a sas part perhaps, but yeah thats my question. If we have decouplers, and if not, if they are planned.

Idk, is it intended the the large Geometry Intakes allow (Stock) Turbojets to operate until 50k metres?

Also, when i place the new docking port over connected parts, it tends to push them away. Kinda weird.

Just thought id put this in here cause it might be related to this mod when i ran 3.0c for the first time it froze on the loading screen something about ksp sounds but after that one incidence it has worked perfectly just thought id add that in just in case it might be a bug

Thought I'd bring this up since it seems odd, But I've been using the s2 Wide body with the 2x2m ports on it and the s2 2m adapter to make up an engine section for a spacecraft. However I set it up, no matter which engines I use, the 2 engines on the wide adapter overheat well before the one in the middle s2 2m adapter does...

Bug or something else???

The Angel's first test flight, and she may be the sweetest handling craft I have ever made in this game. Making a pWing to match this pack was a genius idea.

Angel_02_zps77ebf4ed.png

Angel_01_zpsee2ce37e.png

Next step: strap on a big-ass external fuel tank and pair of boosters, and see if she'll orbit and reenter.

This Example Model that you send with the pack have overlapped on it. They are looking crazy in the SPH. I can go to the Runway, but is this to be like that?

And yes, until today, i have the latest part and put all in right position, and is all working.

8934825154_98e9969803_o.png

Edited by Climberfx

I've noticed a few minor issues, none of which are exactly a problem with this mod, but rather with FAR's interaction with it.

First, the various cargo bays aren't actually recognized as cargo bays. This was mentioned earlier in the thread, but it's because the title contains "Cargo Hold" rather than the "Cargo Bay" that the FAR mod looks for.

Unfortunately, this is actually something of a blessing in disguise since FAR doesn't know what to make of these cargo bays anyway, even if they are recognized. I modified the parts, and now the cargo is shielded, unfortunately, it's shielded even if the cargo bay is open. Worse, the cargo bay will occasionally, and intermittently, "shield" components that are attached to the outside of the cargo bay. This includes things such as the forward part of my compound delta wing right as I was entering into transonic flight... :( Yeah. That flight could have gone better...

It does this regardless of having the cargo bay start open or closed, though starting with it open does at least cause it to shield parts outside of the cargo bay immediately, which saves some time and frustration.

Anyway, I'm mostly posting this so people are aware. It's not really a bug with B9, and it's not something I expect Bac or Taverius to fix. FAR just doesn't like the way these cargo bays are implemented. Due to the extreme popularity of B9, I have to imagine these FAR incompatibilities will be patched in the future.

I've noticed a few minor issues, none of which are exactly a problem with this mod, but rather with FAR's interaction with it.

First, the various cargo bays aren't actually recognized as cargo bays. This was mentioned earlier in the thread, but it's because the title contains "Cargo Hold" rather than the "Cargo Bay" that the FAR mod looks for.

Unfortunately, this is actually something of a blessing in disguise since FAR doesn't know what to make of these cargo bays anyway, even if they are recognized. I modified the parts, and now the cargo is shielded, unfortunately, it's shielded even if the cargo bay is open. Worse, the cargo bay will occasionally, and intermittently, "shield" components that are attached to the outside of the cargo bay. This includes things such as the forward part of my compound delta wing right as I was entering into transonic flight... :( Yeah. That flight could have gone better...

It does this regardless of having the cargo bay start open or closed, though starting with it open does at least cause it to shield parts outside of the cargo bay immediately, which saves some time and frustration.

Anyway, I'm mostly posting this so people are aware. It's not really a bug with B9, and it's not something I expect Bac or Taverius to fix. FAR just doesn't like the way these cargo bays are implemented. Due to the extreme popularity of B9, I have to imagine these FAR incompatibilities will be patched in the future.

I'm wondering if the fix might be as simple as placing some part like a thin plate at the front wall of the bay, and telling FAR that part is a aerodynamic nosecone.

Does anyone willing to explain to me how to install this mod? im bit confused :s

Just unpack the Gamedata-folder into your KSP-Directory. If you want example craft, do the same for the ships-folder.