[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

I love the fact that you can move the screen icon. I wish everyone would include that.

So do I. Feel free to include the code if you want to suggest it to other plugin makers.

protected Rect ui_icon_pos;
private bool changing_icon_pos;

protected void draw_GUI()
{
//Icon relocation
GUILayout.BeginHorizontal(GUILayout.ExpandWidth(true));
if (changing_icon_pos == false)
{
if (GUILayout.Button("Change icon position")) changing_icon_pos = true;
}
else GUILayout.Label("Click anywhere to set new icon position");
GUILayout.EndHorizontal();
}

public void Update()
{
//Icon relocation
if (changing_icon_pos && Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0))
{
ui_icon_pos = new Rect(Input.mousePosition.x - 15f, Screen.height - Input.mousePosition.y - 15f, 30f, 30f);
changing_icon_pos = false;
}
}

Ooops....thought I was up to date. :blush:

Chatterer 0.5.6.2 .dll posted in the OP! ;) Fixes one more (hopefully final) bug with OSX paths and fixes EVA Kerbals making two much chatter when jumping around on low-gravity bodies.

So do I. Feel free to include the code if you want to suggest it to other plugin makers.

I made a thread in the Add-On Requests and Support forum: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/46238-Movable-Screen-Icon

If you would like to add that code to that thread it would probably mean more coming from you.

I love this mod but what is SSTV?

"Slow-scan television (SSTV) is a picture transmission method used mainly by amateur radio operators, to transmit and receive static pictures via radio in monochrome or color."

Install some SSTV software (I like MMSSTV) and you can decode them back into images if you are curious to see them.

I made a thread in the Add-On Requests and Support forum: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/46238-Movable-Screen-Icon

If you would like to add that code to that thread it would probably mean more coming from you.

Added. Hopefully we have some more moveable icons soon.

I downloaded it, extracted the files, copied the RBR folder over to gamedata, but the sounds won't work in-game. The plugin itself seems to work as it should, but no sounds are available. The sounds are in the RBR/sounds folder and everything. Help!

Given that he's removing all sounds from the pack that are not open-source or CCLK in the next version, that's unlikely. Though you could do so yourself.

This mod was just features in a Scott Manley video along with Universe Replacer!

For me this is an absolute must-have! It's great and adds so much more immersion, and having the radio pitched and reversed makes it oh so fun to listen to, like in the movies where they speak "Kerbalese".

Great job! There is loads of space chatter from the Soviet space program etc. on the internet, i reckon those must be in the public domain due to their age and the fact that the SU doesn't exist anymore.

EDIT: I forgot, all NASA chatter is also in the public domain as long as it's released to the public by NASA itself, so players should be OK to add those to the game at least.

Edited by Raticon

There is loads of space chatter from the Soviet space program etc. on the internet, i reckon those must be in the public domain due to their age and the fact that the SU doesn't exist anymore.

EDIT: I forgot, all NASA chatter is also in the public domain as long as it's released to the public by NASA itself, so players should be OK to add those to the game at least.

How would you install it?

You never listed what codec you used for the SSTV images! I ran them through my decoder and I keep getting slanted and distorted images. nothing I do can clean them up. I've used SSTV before with great success, and I ran them through two seperate clients, so I know it's not a problem with the software itself. So far the best I've gotten was using the Scottie2 codec and that still came out with RGB bleed. any help here?

Disregard my previous post. Also, my friends are way too nerdy. I gave the SSTV files to a friend, he not only discovered that the handshake was at the wrong speed, but re-calibrated and then stitched them for me >..<

here's the speed-corrected and stitched file, the codec is B/W 12

sstv.ogg

Cudos to the mod dev for the images, but they may need to be tweaked slightly, I used two separate clients and neither could lock onto the handshake. If not for my friend using SSTV streams way too often, I wouldn't even have been able to view them.

Chatterer 0.5.6.2 .dll posted in the OP! ;) Fixes one more (hopefully final) bug with OSX paths

Tested 0.5.6.2 on the Mac....and....

IT WORKS! Thanks Iannic! EDIT: It KINDA WORKS! Beeps load fine but it can't find the speech clips. The big thing is at least now the window is back.

Ug0EL1d.jpg

Edited by MainSailor
Updated status.

I downloaded it, extracted the files, copied the RBR folder over to gamedata, but the sounds won't work in-game. The plugin itself seems to work as it should, but no sounds are available. The sounds are in the RBR/sounds folder and everything. Help!

Log file please. Help me help you.

This mod was just features in a Scott Manley video along with Universe Replacer!

Oh gods I hope he didn't use any error-filled 0.5+ version!

OK - so I updated the DLL from .5.6.0 Lemonade Stand to .5.6.1 Nobunago's Ambition and it doesn't see any sound file to play, beeps or clips. Any ideas on what I need to do?

No idea. If you send me a log file there is a 99.9% chance I will have a really good idea of what is wrong.

Disregard my previous post. Also, my friends are way too nerdy. I gave the SSTV files to a friend, he not only discovered that the handshake was at the wrong speed, but re-calibrated and then stitched them for me >..<

here's the speed-corrected and stitched file, the codec is B/W 12

sstv.ogg

Cudos to the mod dev for the images, but they may need to be tweaked slightly, I used two separate clients and neither could lock onto the handshake. If not for my friend using SSTV streams way too often, I wouldn't even have been able to view them.

I know, I know. It was requested, I did my best to add it.

Tested 0.5.6.2 on the Mac....and....

IT WORKS! Thanks Iannic! EDIT: It KINDA WORKS! Beeps load fine but it can't find the speech clips. The big thing is at least now the window is back.

Different is good. Log file, log file, log file, log file.

Different is good. Log file, log file, log file, log file.

Sorry sorry! Totally forgot to attach it. Pastebin again: http://pastebin.com/Y9NkEHSX

The odd part is from the log, it looks like the sounds are loading, but then they don't show up. The beeps work because I played them in the config menu.

I'm following the procedure you'd outlined a while back by loading 0.5.6 first, playing, then quitting and overwriting the dll with 0.5.6.2. If that's not the correct procedure or unneeded let me know.

Sorry sorry! Totally forgot to attach it. Pastebin again: http://pastebin.com/Y9NkEHSX

The odd part is from the log, it looks like the sounds are loading, but then they don't show up. The beeps work because I played them in the config menu.

I'm following the procedure you'd outlined a while back by loading 0.5.6 first, playing, then quitting and overwriting the dll with 0.5.6.2. If that's not the correct procedure or unneeded let me know.

I am pretty sure I have found and fixed the problem but I'll be damned if I can duplicate it here. Not a path issue this time, but me being careless and forgetting to load the chatter in two places. And you managed to hit them both at the same time. Nice job!

Attempted fix chatterer.dll is here. Odds are it's going to break for some other reason for you so I won't even post this to the OP yet :)

Also, no longer necessary to run the old version one time first. That was just for when I was making a mess transitioning to ConfigNode a few weeks ago.

And you managed to hit them both at the same time. Nice job!

That's me, always trying to break things!

Also, no longer necessary to run the old version one time first. That was just for when I was making a mess transitioning to ConfigNode a few weeks ago.

OK sounds great, that will save some time. Thanks again, sorry for continuing to be such a pain!

EDIT: Tested, and it WORKS! Speech clips and beeps work flawlessly!

sKdpGSa.jpg

Edited by MainSailor
Works, yo.

That's me, always trying to break things!

OK sounds great, that will save some time. Thanks again, sorry for continuing to be such a pain!

EDIT: Tested, and it WORKS! Speech clips and beeps work flawlessly!

Oh sweet baby jaysus what a relief. And you've always been immensely helpful, never a pain, so I'm not going to hear any sorrys.

Enjoy Chatterer again, finally!

Hey guys this is what it gets me. No sound at all. Windows 7 64bit KSP 0.21. Thanks for the help!

OK I didn't break it this time. :D

Rappit...try the 0.5.6.2 .dll from the first post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25367-0-21-Chatterer-v-0-5?p=309745&viewfull=1#post309745

0.5 had a few bugs that have been killed already.

I'm having difficulty running 0.5.6.2 on my Ubuntu Linux system. It gets through the initial loading screen, with the loading bar and "witty hints", but just as it's about to show the Start Game screen, KSP closes. A̶s̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶u̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶.̶ Nevermind that, I found a log, though it doesn't show any errors or warnings associated with Chatterer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8725574/KSP.log

Edited by AbuMaia
Found a log file

Well that's weird. It's working now. I had installed a fuel balancing mod previously, and tried to install Chatterer again. It actually works now. I even tried removing the other mods, and it still worked. I have no idea what was going on before.

Never had any issue.

Essential mod btw. Thank you so much!

Someone somewhere suggested that ambient sounds could be produced when in cockpit view: beeps, fans, etc. That could be nice.