[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

http://pastebin.com/MhWjeseD

No idea. I tried opening and closing the window multiple times during the test game, with various tweaks - one time i just opened the settings, then i opened the settings and switched to Sets, then i closed the window, then i opened the settings again and changed the skin.

I don't think any of it shows the log though.

I only get FPS drop when I am on the "Settings" tab, the moment i switch to another tab - the FPS drop disappears completely.

This must be some conflict between Chatterer and one of your other installed mods. I'm still getting no lag on any of the tabs with just Chatterer going.

If you can do more experimenting by removing and re-adding your other mods one by one until you notice the lag, let me know which is causing it and I will try again to duplicate it here.

I just wanted to post here that, without this mod, KSP just isn't the same... and it makes me sad that I might have to play without it, due to memory constraints! However, I am going to try this again and see if my now newly revamped GameData folder can support any more plugins without causing the inevitable crashes from too much crap the KSP folders have. lol

An absolutely wonderful mod. Such a simple concept yet such a game-maker. Well done!

I do have a friendly suggestion. When I'm searching for Kethane I usually just go eat/watch a movie and have to scroll back all the sounds and reset them later. It would be nice if there were a mute button.

Also: More chatting ;)

Good call. Mute button added to the to-do list and I've already planned to have another set of chatter included with the next version.

And a PSA: All the audio used and included with coming-soon Chatterer 0.6 and any future versions will be public domain, CC licensed and attributed, or used with the creator's explicit permission.

This is going to result in ALL the beeps being replaced and the Russian chatter set losing just a few clips. Save a copy if you want to keep using any of these as they will be disappearing from the download very soon.

My only complaint about Chatterer now is that it always opens with the UI open since I updated to the newer one, even if I select / unselect use craft specific settings.

It used to just sit as a little icon unless I specifically click on the icon to open the settings, now each time I launch to test out something I need to click the icon to close the settings box... other than that I am very happy with Chatterer, it keeps the boredom of a nearly totally silent game from discouraging me from playing.

My only complaint about Chatterer now is that it always opens with the UI open since I updated to the newer one, even if I select / unselect use craft specific settings.

It used to just sit as a little icon unless I specifically click on the icon to open the settings, now each time I launch to test out something I need to click the icon to close the settings box... other than that I am very happy with Chatterer, it keeps the boredom of a nearly totally silent game from discouraging me from playing.

Window not staying hidden problem has already been fixed -- go to the OP and download the .dll for Chatterer 0.5.6.1 and you're set.

I'm having a bit of an issue. My little box that controls the Chatterer's settings during flight has disappeared and I can't access it anymore. The mod still runs as I can hear the sounds from the mod but I can't change anything. I am using some mods and am unsure whether this is from a conflict or not. I have tried reinstalling after deleting all 'old' versions multiple times with no luck.

I'm having a bit of an issue. My little box that controls the Chatterer's settings during flight has disappeared and I can't access it anymore. The mod still runs as I can hear the sounds from the mod but I can't change anything. I am using some mods and am unsure whether this is from a conflict or not. I have tried reinstalling after deleting all 'old' versions multiple times with no luck.

The icon can wind up placed outside of the screen boundaries. When this happened to me I edited the chatterer .cfg file and place it at position 100,100 so it would be on the screen again (same with the settings window). I could then reposition them in-game.

I keep meaning to upload my log but I haven't had a chance to play recently. I have not yet tested 0.5.6.1 but 0.5.6 was giving me the same behavior I have previously mentioned.

I should have time to play today so I will test and shoot you a log, Iannic!

The icon can wind up placed outside of the screen boundaries. When this happened to me I edited the chatterer .cfg file and place it at position 100,100 so it would be on the screen again (same with the settings window). I could then reposition them in-game.

I'll see what I can do to write some bounds checking to stick the icon back into default position if it tries to display off-screen.

I keep meaning to upload my log but I haven't had a chance to play recently. I have not yet tested 0.5.6.1 but 0.5.6 was giving me the same behavior I have previously mentioned.

I should have time to play today so I will test and shoot you a log, Iannic!

Thanks! I really appreciate the help.

What do I need to add to the cfg file to make this integral to a command opd?

There's nothing to add now. Chatterer will start up whenever you go into a flight scene.

I'm going to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug a new totally useless plugin I made, the Muziker. Plays some eerie space soundscapes to go with your beeping and chattering.

Phew sorry! Things have been slightly chaotic. We're in the process of buying a house.

Anyhow...I have a fresh install of 21.1 and I installed 0.5.6 and then ran it. I get the green microphone button at the bottom (this time textured) but the window shows up as an extremely small box. I shut down KSP and dragged in the 0.5.6.1 .dll, ran it, and I get the same issue. I'm attaching my log...sorry there's so much to wade through, this is my development save so there's a bunch of part packs installed and there's a bunch of errors because I'm tweaking some of the .cfgs.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Top screenshot is 0.5.6, bottom (or second) is 0.5.6.1. In both cases you can see the small window centered on the fuel tank.

I'm also attaching the log thru Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/NuH5551s

Any plans to work on having to have the Chaterrer window open every time a new vessel is focused? If this is not possible, could you add an auto close after X seconds?

I fixed this nearly two weeks ago. :) Download the Chatterer 0.5.6.1 .dll in the OP and your windows will be back to normal.

MainSailor: Thanks for the log! I'll be out of town for the weekend but I will get a fix posted tonight if time allows, otherwise early next week.

Edited by Iannic-ann-od

There's nothing to add now. Chatterer will start up whenever you go into a flight scene.

Yeah I realized that after I went to a craft without the radio attached and Chatterer was still working. I like that better, anyway. Just like TAC fuel Balancer doesn't need a part anymore. So now the two parts that come with it are unnecessary to make the mod work, right?

I love the fact that you can move the screen icon. I wish everyone would include that.

Edited by DChurchill

Yeah I realized that after I went to a craft without the radio attached and Chatterer was still working. I like that better, anyway. Just like TAC fuel Balancer doesn't need a part anymore. So now the two parts that come with it are unnecessary to make the mod work, right?

They're included for backwards-compatibility for old craft files.