Challenging YouTubers! w/ HOCgaming and TheMattDennis - Submission Thread

Welcome to the finally re-created

0oALy.png

official Submission Thread!

What is Challenging YouTubers?

Challenging YouTubers is the Kerbal Space Program show in which your hosts, HOCgaming and TheMattDennis, take on challenges submitted by you and compete to be the ultimate victor! Whether those challenges involve Orbiting, Flying, Crashing, Burning, Murdering, or Saving the poor Kerbals who un-wittingly signed up as volunteers is up to you! In order to submit a challenge for us, read on.

MOST RECENT EPISODE:

Making your submission

To send us in a challenge, you need to briefly outline it in a reply to this thread. Short 'n' Sweet is the way to go, as we'd rather not read paragraphs of text. Linking to other challenge threads is fine, but it'd be nice to get some challenges especially made for us! If you can set us up a Scenario to do the challenge in that would also be great! Oh, and there's a few guidelines you should follow:

The Rules

Challenges should...

• NOT require Mods! - We don't have the time nor (at least in my case) the inclination to install mods specifically for individual challenges! All Stock will also encourage innovation, hopefully.

• Be Fun - Example: Driving in a straight line for an hour = not fun (unless there's a twist), racing round a track for a few minutes = fun! (should totally be submitted by someone).

• Be Imaginative - The craziest and most unique challenges are the best! But they also need to be practical, so no "colonise every planet" submissions 'aight?

• Be Unique - Repeating already posted challenges won't get you anywhere, make sure to check previous posts before replying!

• Take Less than an Hour To Complete - Some massive projects such as Space Station construction would be sweet, but sadly take up way too much time to be feasible. Smaller, mini-game challenges are what we're looking for.

Finally, thanks from both Matt and I for sending in some great suggestions!

-Harv

Edited by HOC
Season 2 Episode 1 Re-Uploaded!

Build a star trek ship that can get in a 120k meter orbit, and have enough fuel to get to the mun, and launched with a launch stage under 5 tons. Maybe you can add a shuttle craft, and have it detach from inside, to land on the Mun, if you make it to the mun, or if you make it into space period.

Edited by syfyguy64

Race rovers around the KSC. First person with three laps wins.

One lap:

1. Start at the Mk1 Pod Memorial.

2. Go around the back of the VAB to the SPH.

3. Corner around the outside (side next to the runway) and head to the tracking station.

4. Go around the outside of the tracking station (basically the track is a triangle) and back to where you started.

Note: You guys can do less laps if you think it will take too long.

Cheers,

PIRATEONTHERUN

you should do a challenge where you have to build a ship that can hold 6 drones and 1 robot to retrieve fuel and land 1 drone on a far off planet it has to hold at least 6 crew members

here a video of a ship that is similar:

Edited by MCgolum11

who can build the most asymmetrical ship and land it on the Mun (and back if you want).

so one side has a mainsail say, the other side would have like 5 LV-T30s, and different landing gear on both sides.

It's the most kerbal challenge i can think of :P

I made one to prove its possible, it took five minutes

Dhvmq4i.jpg

SONkUJ8.png

ThcIpji.jpg

if that's too hard it could always just be to orbit :D

Edited by lump

Spy mission:

Drop off a probe with transmission equipment and power supply (wheels optional) at the second space station (in the same valley, can be more precise if you whish). You need to build a manned plane, the construction is part of the challenge. The first one back at he space station wins.

I have a challenge for you.

Arms Race:

You each start with a save that has something in orbit. Either a ship, a small space station, or a large satellite, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not too small (you'll see why in a minute).

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to destroy this orbital enemy by any means necessary.

The only stipulations are that you must send a manned ship up to destroy it, and the pilot must survive.

Optional rule: The ship must survive too. (this would prevent anyone from simple dropping a command pod with a parachute when they were done)

Turn based two player space rover soccer/football. I'm not sure if it world work, just putting it out there. Creat a pitch on another body other than Kerbal and use the remote sat mod(sorry guys its the only way I could think of to make it work) as the timer between player turns. The host create the game pitch, rovers and the ball. Now this is where I'm not sure if it could work.

1, live stream with the second player relaying their commands to the host(player one) before their(host) commands reach their(host) rover due to the time delay of the remote sat mod. The grater the distance the longer amount of time between turns.

2, pitch, rovers and ball created be whom ever. Player one starts the game by "kicking off" send commands via remote sat mod, then quickly quit and email game save to player two. Player two installs the saved game, loads up the game and their own rover. Player two can watch player one's rover "kick off" as player one's commands have been delayed by a period of time. Player two now sends their commands to their rover via remote sat mod, quickly quits and emails the saved game back to player one. Repeat untill agreed end game eg fist to 5 goals or 20 turned each.

Not the most user friendly(not enough for me) idea for MULTIPLAYER KSP. Might be for you guys.

U ask, I give the little mad ones I got. I know it dosnt tick all the boxes but I think it's a good and funny idea and others may have away around the mod problem.

Here's a fun one that took me several tries:

In the space suit, have a Kerble jump and use the jet-pack from the surface of Minimus in a way that they achieve orbit of Minimus, but DON'T escape orbit of Minimus, or crash back to the surface of Minimus. (I have gone into solar orbit from Minimus using the space-suit) Then, for added bonus, rescue the Kerble in orbit of Minimus and bring him home.

Hey I'm new to this game so you can tweak these how you wish but I had 2 ideas.

1: Share a ship that can make distant travels and plot a course to slingshot from one planet to the next eventually having orbited each planet first one to get them all wins.

2: may not work but will know once your cannon is on the mun but whether from the mun, or from Kerbal set up a space station around the planet you choose and than drop a cannon on the planet. Your race from here is to be the first one to launch a kerbal from the planet to the station and board it wins!!!

if you have to do it from the mun maybe place the cannon within 50m from the memorial there so its fair.

Dude I Dare you to attempt to put a base on eve & Jool and also put a space station above the base's and use nothing but the small engines as the main and the large engines and also use the new parts (the new 2x2 structural panel and the 1x1 structual panels) as the fairings or if ya want mon heres the link nathannifong.com/FairingFactory/ but heres the hook it has to be manned! DO IT ITS A DARE!

Welcome to the finally re-created

0oALy.png

official Submission Thread!

What is Challenging YouTubers?

Challenging YouTubers is the Kerbal Space Program show in which your hosts, HOCgaming and TheMattDennis, take on challenges submitted by you and compete to be the ultimate victor! Whether those challenges involve Orbiting, Flying, Crashing, Burning, Murdering, or Saving the poor Kerbals who un-wittingly signed up as volunteers is up to you! In order to submit a challenge for us, read on.

MOST RECENT EPISODE:

Making your submission

To send us in a challenge, you need to briefly outline it in a reply to this thread. Short 'n' Sweet is the way to go, as we'd rather not read paragraphs of text. Linking to other challenge threads is fine, but it'd be nice to get some challenges especially made for us! If you can set us up a Scenario to do the challenge in that would also be great! Oh, and there's a few guidelines you should follow:

The Rules

Challenges should...

• NOT require Mods! - We don't have the time nor (at least in my case) the inclination to install mods specifically for individual challenges! All Stock will also encourage innovation, hopefully.

• Be Fun - Example: Driving in a straight line for an hour = not fun (unless there's a twist), racing round a track for a few minutes = fun! (should totally be submitted by someone).

• Be Imaginative - The craziest and most unique challenges are the best! But they also need to be practical, so no "colonise every planet" submissions 'aight?

• Be Unique - Repeating already posted challenges won't get you anywhere, make sure to check previous posts before replying!

• Take Less than an Hour To Complete - Some massive projects such as Space Station construction would be sweet, but sadly take up way too much time to be feasible. Smaller, mini-game challenges are what we're looking for.

Finally, thanks from both Matt and I for sending in some great suggestions!

-Harv

Can you do a challenge where you two are the first to establish a small base on the Mun.

You should try out the Kerbal Delivery challenge:

There's a base on the moon that suffers from bad planning: everything is too spread out! You need to design a taxi that will ferry each of these kerbals to their destination in the shortest time possible. Watch out though, because it can be pretty difficult!

Challenge skinny: There are 5 locations at the munbase, each with one kerbal that needs to get to another part of the munbase. Time is removed off your score for delivering kerbals, but time is added to your score if you kill, destroy, or flip anything. The one with the lowest time at the end wins!

Download link below

Edited by SpaceK531

if you want the download link, here's the challenge with the rules

http://www./download.php?vdkcz9sujod09ju

EDIT: I have made an addendum to the rules and added it to the information file. If you've already downloaded it and don't want to again, the extra rule is that you may only carry one of the kerbals at a time.

Edited by SpaceK531

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.