[0.21.1] KAS v0.4.3 - Struts, pipes, part storage, containers, merged winches & more

KospY

Like a rigid pipe instead of cable? It could work, i guess. But ir would look a bit odd.

Well if it helps connecting my mun bases together without using docking ports or magic quantum docking mods,

I would love it! It could work as power lines, tube pipes, etc

The smooth way to enable it would be to make a "cable bundle" object, side-attachable, and having two nodes to connect cable connectors.

Kerbals would pick up one connector and plug it into a module, then pick up the other one and plug it into another module, and the "cable bundle" object would disappear.

The smooth way to enable it would be to make a "cable bundle" object, side-attachable, and having two nodes to connect cable connectors.

Kerbals would pick up one connector and plug it into a module, then pick up the other one and plug it into another module, and the "cable bundle" object would disappear.

Or have the "cable bundle" be the first ship's node, and a Kerbal carries a connector over to the other ship, like you do currently with the winch. But the bundle would have no retraction force, unless disconnected and used to retract the cable.

Is there any status update on this? Getting to where I may have to abandon and start up a new program.

read post #182 on page 19

its being worked on, I think the dev knows how important this mod is to so many, it has only been a few days since 0.20 hit

play some bf3, have some tea, smoke a fatty, goosefraba buddy, its comin =P

read post #182 on page 19

its being worked on, I think the dev knows how important this mod is to so many, it has only been a few days since 0.20 hit

play some bf3, have some tea, smoke a fatty, goosefraba buddy, its comin =P

I know, being hasty and I apologize. Just a huge fan of this mod, everything I do revolves around it. I will take some of your suggestions lol :)

This would be a great include in an update. I know this is probably a bit of a stretch, but was the conversation above about rigid body dynamics for the tubes? Or did I miss interpret that? Either way, that would make things cool. There's already rigid body with flags. I really enjoyed the tube animations in the game moon base alpha. I should make another topic about this though...

Well if it helps connecting my mun bases together without using docking ports or magic quantum docking mods,

I would love it! It could work as power lines, tube pipes, etc

I use http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/docking-strut-2/ for this, since it's a lot more realistic than quantum struts (Has to be a base for the strut to connect to, for example, and looks like a regular strut).

Not sure if it still works since my entire KSP is on hold awaiting fixes to KAS. (and maybe Kethane? Is kethane broken too?)

yes, kethane is broke, theres a supposed fix, but its still so buggy I wouldn't bother with it

(maps don't save right, drills only work 1/2 the time, and the converters will only fill tanks they are physicaly connected to via node or external fuel line...and that's the 'fix')

Kethane, is working fine. (not to make this a kethane thread, so...)

For those people that do not see the purpose of the "connecter" as an extra, but yet required part. - it has not be.

also, some people may be missing the beauty of the "Radial De-tachable" part. you can take this to your existing ships, the ones that do not currently have KAS, and ATTACH them by a kerbal in EVA.

and presto! your ship now has a fuel port!

The kethane fix work as aspected.

have you tried using the fix, or is that based off other posts? hehe, or do ya mean that the fix was expected to be junk?

90% of my kethane test since the fix was posted have been a bust...some parts have partial functionality....but to me it didn't seem usable

BTW, thanks for getting yer tanks updated, I've become rather dependent on them tyty =P

have you tried using the fix, or is that based off other posts? hehe, or do ya mean that the fix was expected to be junk?

90% of my kethane test since the fix was posted have been a bust...some parts have partial functionality....but to me it didn't seem usable

BTW, thanks for getting yer tanks updated, I've become rather dependent on them tyty =P

Kethane is, in fact, fixed for 2.0. Here is the link to the forum post!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-4-3-Download-link-now-up-to-date-after-forum-catastrophe?p=385320&viewfull=1#post385320

Been using it for two days. No problems. Everything works. Just put the entire kethane folder inside GameData. Of course you must remove your old kethane stuff completely. You should be able to copy your old PluginData Info for your current game into the new PluginData Folder in it's new location. So back that folder up! Else your deposits and maps will be reset.

Not necessarily a bad thing if you don't mind re-scanning. It wont move the actual deposit sites. It will just re-fill them and blank out the maps.

I encourage you to look at the file structure after you have started the game once. So you get a good understanding of where you should put your old PluginData. Personally, it's easy to just put in your old maps and don't bother with the deposits refilling. That is what I did.

Edited by Payload

That is indeed a forum post, yet it is not a fix. So you got it actually scanning?

But enough of Kethane, how's KAS coming along? Can I go to bed now, and check first thing tomorrow, or should I hang 'round a bit and wait to celebrate the update? Or the day after tomorrow? Or another day in the next week?

I doubt it will be done today, as Kospy lives in France and he might be actually sleeping atm. :D

As I understand it, the thing which broke(due to the new part databse system) in the plugin is a large portion of the plugin.

So it'll take some time to get adapted to the new system. I'm not a coder though.

In any case it'll take some time.

The reason this is, is so that you don't have to have alot of very similar looking parts, but instead just one core wench and various connecters you can choose from.

That is indeed a forum post, yet it is not a fix. So you got it actually scanning?

But enough of Kethane, how's KAS coming along? Can I go to bed now, and check first thing tomorrow, or should I hang 'round a bit and wait to celebrate the update? Or the day after tomorrow? Or another day in the next week?

DUDE YES I HAVE BEEN SCANNING. Trust me it works perfectly. Do what I said to do in my previous post. Are you not seeing the link in elkar's post? Not the link he quoted. The link he cleverly hid in the word "This" in his reply post.

I hate that he quoted spike because it is confusing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21650546/Kethane.rar

This is the direct link. This works perfectly for .20. I know, because I have been using it for two days. The only part not working right now is the sound. I usually turn the detection sound off anyway.

zboCcA5.jpg

Edited by Payload

have ya tried more than scanning....because im using the that fix, been testing since about 2hrs after it got posted, and its got issues

Has to be the way you have it installed man.

I just fixed the sound on mine even.

You cannot install the one that elkar posted like you would the old one. It needs to be installed like a .20 mod. Backup your maps and remove everything that has to do with kethane. Once you get it working, and if you are interested in the sound fix, I'll make a post in the Kethane thread instead of trashing this one. Sounds to me like you may have problems elsewhere with other mods also.

I use http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/docking-strut-2/ for this, since it's a lot more realistic than quantum struts (Has to be a base for the strut to connect to, for example, and looks like a regular strut).

Not sure if it still works since my entire KSP is on hold awaiting fixes to KAS. (and maybe Kethane? Is kethane broken too?)

does it dock ships??? I thought it was only for strengtening docked ships on the fly??

nope, its installed like all my other 0.20 mods, all of them working flawlessly....and ya didn't answer the question,,,,ya done more than scanning?

@lyndonguitar, if ya use the right parts KAS can connect two ships as if they were joined by docking ports

can also be used for non-docked connections, or towing (ive used it a lot to deploy buildings on kerbin with airships)

[quote name=KhaosCorp;394662

@lyndonguitar' date=' if ya use the right parts KAS can connect two ships as if they were joined by docking ports

can also be used for non-docked connections, or towing (ive used it a lot to deploy buildings on kerbin with airships)

I know, but I was suggesting a whole different feature

nope, its installed like all my other 0.20 mods, all of them working flawlessly....and ya didn't answer the question,,,,ya done more than scanning?

@lyndonguitar, if ya use the right parts KAS can connect two ships as if they were joined by docking ports

The kethane mod fully works except for the scanning noise. I hope that settles any confusion. Any issues you have with the kethane mod not working are to do with your personal setup/mods even if your other mods work 100%. Maybe you have not applied the fix correctly for kethane or left fragments of the old kethane mod.