[0.21.1] KAS v0.4.3 - Struts, pipes, part storage, containers, merged winches & more

KospY

If I remember correctly version 3.x do not save the cable lenght. Cable lenght is adjusted automaticlly related to the distance of the connector part on load. However I think there is a bug in the 3.x version, where cable lenght get not adjusted...

However, you can try to set connectorDeployed, or plugstate to different value in the save file. Not sure of what will happen but maybe that will allow you to fix the issue.

Another thing you can do is just wait, 0.4 is about to be released, and saved vessel with winches will no more be compatible so...

OK then, thanks for the info. 'Gonna be away this weekend - Is it finished when I'm back? Or what do you mean with "about to"? :) Until then I'll just wait!

Also cool pic you posted. Is everything in that picture either vanilla or KAS?

This... Is so sexy that I want them.

Any more pics? Please?

Here another one that also show the winches GUI with the new speed setting

9QM73kx.png

"motor speed setting" is the text when mouse over the slider. 0.00 / 1.00 is current speed / set speed

Edited by KospY

Hello KospY and all,

When trying to use the current version of KAS with 0.21, i am getting terrible game pauses, stutters and the log file is filling up with

[EXC 07:36:42.634] NullReferenceException

[EXC 07:36:42.694] NullReferenceException

[EXC 07:36:42.755] NullReferenceException

[EXC 07:36:42.815] NullReferenceException

When i remove KAS, it goes away... I was wondering if you or anyone else has seen this and might know what is causing this conflict.

much thanks, love the mod, just need these things to go away. The log has thousands of these..

Unfortunatly, bob crashed after dropping the second extractor, he is now stuck in the pod because the door is obstructed... At least the freight was not destroyed. (containers)

a7sddw6.png

Decided to test pipes for pumping the remaining fuel from the crashed tug. Bob will be saved later (surely with the help of winch/magnet on the other tug)

veCRoqq.png

I know that is not nice from me to show you that :) But there is some bugs remaining that cause explosion after save/load/warp.

It seem that sometime the vessel get spawned under the ground for a unknow reason. It cause explosion because parts a suddendly pushed up to the ground level. Not sure if it's a KAS or a KSp bug.

Edited by KospY

Hey everybody I'm having trouble attaching a radial connector port in LKO. I have no trouble removing it, just attaching it to a new place, or even back in the old spot. I can pick it up, but when i try to attach, i press h and nothing happens. Works on Kerbin, but not in LKO. The winch works fine, the only problem i'm having is the connector port. Any advice?

I know that is not nice from me to show you that :) But there is some bugs remaining that cause explosion after save/load/warp.

It seem that sometime the vessel get spawned under the ground for a unknow reason. It cause explosion because parts a suddendly pushed up to the ground level. Not sure if it's a KAS or a KSp bug.

I have had this issue with stock KSP before. i am pretty sure this is actually a Unity bug.

Hey everybody I'm having trouble attaching a radial connector port in LKO. I have no trouble removing it, just attaching it to a new place, or even back in the old spot. I can pick it up, but when i try to attach, i press h and nothing happens. Works on Kerbin, but not in LKO. The winch works fine, the only problem i'm having is the connector port. Any advice?

Try exiting to spaceport and back

I had a similar problem where I was trying to do the same thing.

Exiting / re-entering the scene helped and I was able to get my nuclear probe fueled up for its upcoming Joolian mission.

Too bad I couldn't figure out how to disconnect the ships and then started panicking and ended up smashing two of the solar panels off....

Starwaster suggests that you go back to KSC to resolve this. Before doing so, try a simple QuckSave/QuickLoad. That always resolves the issue for me. If that fails, then, go back to KSC.

Has anyone tried violent dock-o-crashing using KAS and no RCS? In my testing I've successfully docked ships traveling at up to 25 m/s from each other.

1. Have ships pass within a few meters of each other.

2. Aim KAS system so that other ship will cross its line of fire

3. Wait for it, wait for it, wait... OOps you missed it, reload!

4. Fire Electromagnets and grab on to other ship.

5. Violent tumbling begins.

6. Retract KAS and switch on and off ASAS on both sips until their magic infinite spin gyros suck up all the kinetic energy

7. Line up docking ports (or if you done this well enough they will already be close enough to pull each other in automatically.)

8. Fire KAS again and pull each other in.

Advantages: No need for RCS, no need to match velocities as long as they are below 25 m/s (maybe higher, just haven't tested higher), violent hair-raising fun.

Has anyone tried violent dock-o-crashing using KAS and no RCS? In my testing I've successfully docked ships traveling at up to 25 m/s from each other.

1. Have ships pass within a few meters of each other.

2. Aim KAS system so that other ship will cross its line of fire

3. Wait for it, wait for it, wait... OOps you missed it, reload!

4. Fire Electromagnets and grab on to other ship.

5. Violent tumbling begins.

6. Retract KAS and switch on and off ASAS on both sips until their magic infinite spin gyros suck up all the kinetic energy

7. Line up docking ports (or if you done this well enough they will already be close enough to pull each other in automatically.)

8. Fire KAS again and pull each other in.

Advantages: No need for RCS, no need to match velocities as long as they are below 25 m/s (maybe higher, just haven't tested higher), violent hair-raising fun.

I've done something similar. I used an EVA kerbal with a connector plug to hook two spacecraft together, with a relative velocity of roughly ten meters per second. I then went back and grabbed another plug, and attached it on the other side of the docking port, and retracted both at the same time. The overly strong and rapid winches made them crash into each other and a thruster broke off, but I'm sure with designs that take collisions into account it would be a very effective method of docking.