Latest features in 0.20?

flyingpotato

Didn't they say there's been too much focus on advanced features like resource mining lately in development and they're shifting instead to focus on career mode?

I did hear that, but people have kept saying that 0.20 has been confirmed for mining only, so I don't know who is right.

hmmmm iam just looking forward to the update as i stopped playing it , i thought that 0.19 would have resources . 0.20 will have it for sure but as the problems they had with forums it got pushed back even more . which sucks .

Didn't they say there's been too much focus on advanced features like resource mining lately in development and they're shifting instead to focus on career mode?

Improved tracking station and flag sound very much like features targeting career mode to me. I highly doubt mining will be in 0.20

I kind of agree, Kethane is already a huge part of the game so if people want resource mining they can use that, however, I do believe integrating resource mining into the core gameplay will give those currently lacking in motivation something to actually do. Off-world construction would also add nearly infinite numbers of possibilities to the game, however, that would be incredibly hard to add-in. I know they've said achievements won't be happening but if anyone's ever played Lunar Flight, the achievement system in that is awesome. I think that would be a great add-in to the game.

Never mind, let's continue talking about 0.20! Career mode. Period.

Except career mode is more than just a single checkbox item, because they'll first need to add all the features to support the objectives you need to achieve in career mode. I suspect that's why resource management is such a high priority right now. I think it's likely to play a major part in career objectives, and also may require a bit of playtesting and tweaking for balance so getting it out early is a must.

Simon Hibbs

-Clouds (long time away)

-Resource mining/gathering/processing

-New parts

-New aerodynamic effects

-Flag planting

-New patcher

Quite interested in clouds as any improvement to the planets would be good. Very interested in resource management and more parts. Not interested at all in flags - really dont see what the big deal is with them?

But I would much rather have drag/lift sorted and things like better VAB controls/manifolds sorted, reduced effect of large numbers of parts causing lag, less strutting requirements, quicker loading times, better planet terrain, etc: things that REALLY make a difference to me playing the game on a daily basis. These things are a constant pain in the behind.

Resource management are for me the most needed feature, as it will add a whole gameplay and add some goals. Moreover, this is the first step for making a game (career)

Also interested about collecting sample, as I found some reference to it in the code, this is possible that it will be added for 0.20. That will not be usefull at the beginning, but it will be an essential feature for research later.

About clouds, well I'm pretty interested too. It's not only cosmetic for me, because it can add some challenge for landing on the planet : Think about Eve covered by clouds (like venus), as you can't see where to land from orbit, you will need to scan the surface, send probes or use a space plane to find a good spot to land.

At last, no one talked about this, but I really think that fog will be a nice addition. I'm don't know if the dev planned to do it (as everyone is focusing on clouds i'm not sure) but that will add a great challenge : Discovering artefacts, searching ressource with a limited view will be nice. This can even be used for some kind of small space nebulaes (for people how play the game edge of chaos, you see what I mean) That can make pretty cool places :)

One thing I hope is a sort of resetting of maneuver nodes if you pass them. IE don't pay attention and it reset to T-minus instead of just adding T-Plus (unless my game is broken and it already does this)

Collecting samples (and maybe being able to do something with them) would be awesome along with the resource extraction/mining/refining.

I'd love to see animated cargo bays and also the ability to actually put things in them, either in the VAB or in flight. Pretty much a "it fits, it can be put in there".

You could do it so that 1.5m bay can house probe sized stuff with two or three different jr. sized docking ports. One inside wall and one at the top and one at the bottom of the inside walls, so you have a few choices about how to arrange attachment. Then once in and attached, close up the doors.

2.5m parts could house 1.5m and probe sized stuff.

Anyway, this would be radically cool to see.

It could only be ruined if there are too many clouds everywhere. I don't want a planet made out of clouds. ;.;

Um, Jool is a planet made of Clouds....

I want to see a moderate amount of white/grey clouds in Kerbin and Laythe (probably more on Laythe), a rare thin cloud on Duna, and tons of purple clouds on Eve hiding everything., and big green storms on Jool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.