First Time Ksp Add-on; Command module

Before I get flamed for doing what I am doing, I am making this because it seemed like a simple first add on. As this is my first I decided to choose something already built to go off of, so I went with the Bubble ship cockpit from the movie Oblivion. I choose it because its a beautiful design, simplistic and extremely unique and seemed extremely modern and spacy and I am not going to put the guns on because its not approved by the game developers and because those spots could be put to better use with other attachments. I am using Google Sketchup for most of the modeling as its a great program to get a model rolling and let you tinker and refine the design you want. It has its faults which I will brush out in 3Ds Max and then texture using Mud-Box. Let me know if I am going the wrong direction with anything as opinions and constructive criticism are welcome!!! :D

SketchUp2013-04-2220-27-49-95_zpscbd8e2eb.png

BubbleCockpit_zpsa8978614.png

Edited by Phoenix-Aerospace

I like it, another high visibility cockpit. The things to warn you about:

1) find someone that knows how to do internal views. I don't, I've just heard that they're not trivial.

2) figure out how you're doing the crew hatch. Probably one of the glass sides would work best. You'll need a crew hatch, otherwise you can't EVA from the pod.

3) if you want the kerbal to show up when he's in the pod, talk to the guy that did the sfr command pod, that's the only one I know of where you can see the real internals through the windows in the cockpit.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.