Make a debris ring around Kerbin!

After the Kerbals discovered a dust ring around a planet orbiting Kerproxima Centaury, Jeb complained that Kerbin didn't have it's own ring, and now the Kerbals all want their own ring!

But they don't have tons of dust to stick into orbit, so their going to make one outs of debris!

Your mission:

Design a ship to put enough debris in orbit around Kerbin to form a ring

Rules:

1. The ring must be as circular as possible,

2. Regular ships or Kerbals do not count (though a ring of Kerbals would be funny)

3. It doesn't matter how you get the debris up there, as long as its debris it counts :)

4. The debris ring must NOT be effected by a moon, otherwise it is invalid

5. Pics are required of every debris ring (including seperation if there's multiple rings)

Get a small ring in a low orbit around Kerbin: 100

Get a small ring in a high orbit round Kerbin: 150

Get a large ring in a low orbit around Kerbin: 200

Get a large ring in a high orbit around Kerbin: 250

Bonus points:

Debris rings:

around the mun: 100

around Minmus: 125

around Kerbol: 400

around Duna: 250

around Ike: 200

Around Moho: 225

Around Eve: 300

Around gilly: 100

Around dres: 150

Around Jool: 350

Around Laythe: 250

Around vall: 200

Around tylo: 210

Around bop: 150

Around pol: 100

Around Eeloo: 400

Around everything: 5000

Double around everything: 10000

Asteroid belt: 500

Kuiper belt: 500

Points gained from moons add to the planets total

Each Additional ring gets the same amount of points as the first (example: 2 rings around Eve = 600 points) BUT, they must be separated, and the separation must be easily visible in the map view (pics required)

Mods like hyper edit or ones that can create tons of debris in a short amount of time isn't allowed, though a small laser would probably be allowed, as long as you don't use it very much

Score:

1 Rableniver: 100

Edited by Deadpangod3

So, i could make a massive hunk in the VAB with a Pirated weapons mod missile, hyperedit into orbit and explode the missile, and repeat?

Or is that cheating?

Your mission:

Design a ship to put enough debris in orbit around Kerbin to form a ring

Does that answer your question?

How many pieces of debris would be considered a ring? 1? 100? 1000?

It's pretty easy to get a lot of debris into orbit. Simply launch a few dozen light weight decouplers/seperators and stage them. Instant debris cloud.

Whoops sorry, forgot to say what mods are allowed in the original post, but hyper edit, or anything that makes tons of debris is not allowed, though a simple laser is allowed as long as its not used a lot

As for your question, it'd be enough that the icons form pretty much a full circle, when I get home from school I'll make an example,

I would really like to see your attempt. My attempt with 800+ objects takes my framerate from 60fps to 20fps. Im fairly certain that this challenge will come down to who has the most powerful computer that will allow you to launch the most launches.

• 6 months later...
This is my attempt, from an experiment to cause Kessler Syndrome

Unfortunately, from what I have seen, debris do not interact with each other nor the atmosphere unless a. you are in-flight on a piece of debris or b. they're next to an in-flight ship/debris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.