VAB Mechjeb

Couldn't find an answer to this anywhere,

I was building a rocket in the VAB and the little mechjeb window was in the way of me seeing things properly, so i closed the window. However, now I have no clue how to bring it back up. Does anyone know how to do this?

Couldn't find an answer to this anywhere,

I was building a rocket in the VAB and the little mechjeb window was in the way of me seeing things properly, so i closed the window. However, now I have no clue how to bring it back up. Does anyone know how to do this?

Did it to myself, you have to close KSP, edit the config file and then reload the game. the file is <KSPPATH>\PluginData\mumechlib\MechJeb.cfg, your looking for the line that says

VI_buildSceneShow=5,0

and you change the 0 to 1

VI_buildSceneShow=5,1

I had this with Mechjeb 1.98. In 2.0 this is solved by using a sidebar button in the VAB. However, in 1.98: just go to the launchpad. From there you can tick show vehicle info in VAB and it simply reappears in the VAB. No need for editing any config files.

If you're using 1.9.8, simply launch your rocket, then when it's on the Launchpad, open up the "Vessel Information" tab (I think that's what it's called). Simply click the little button saying 'show in VAB', and your window should be back.

If you're using 2.0.x, just go to the sidebar window. However, I do find that it gets in the way of the staging controls... I wish there was a way to move it, like Romfarer's Lazor plugin's windows...

• 4 weeks later...

In my case no amount of clicking on the Vessel Information in the MechJeb side panel in 1.9.8 helped. Turns out looking at the MechJeb.cfg that the windows's position co-ordinates was negative - so it wasn't visible on screen.... e.g.

windowPos_MechJebModuleVesselInfo=4,-522,215,0,0

Made it match one of the others and it returned to where I could see it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.