[AnyOS] KSP Mod Admin v2 - Mod install with a few clicks

MacTee

Hi SVlad,

you can use the mod Export/Import to copy your mods from one KSP dir to another.

Sry, i thought i had anserwed your mail.

The new translation can be found here.

Looks like, import-export doesn't copy check state. So, it's totally messed with overriding mods.

PS

If you've send me an email reply, i haven't received it yet.

KSP MA should ex/import the install state of a mod.

Looks like, when several mods share the same folder and it marked as conflict, it causes wrong behavior.

For example, I have Universal Storage mod and Universal Storage [TAC Pack]. They both share the same folder Universal Storage and also have in archive additional folders with alternative configurations and other additional stuff. After export and import the main folder Universal Storage in both mods lost its installation path. So both mods just don't install.

Edited by SVlad

Is someone still supporting v1.4.0_PR15? If NOT, then please just ignore this post... :)

Using PR15 with KSP 0.25: In the Craft tab, I have multiple instances of crafts showing up. Showing "Ships" and "saves" under folder. If the craft is used in multiple saves, an instance will show up for each save. Deleting one, will, of course, not delete the others...???... Only started seeing this in 0.25... Is this a KSP thing, or KSPMA?... I guess if I'm deleteing a craft, I would like it completely gone...BUT, then again, I guess it would be nice to have the option to select which saves to delete it from, if I wish to delete from one game, yet keep in another, IF KSP even allows that, since there is the Ships folder, separate fom the saves...???...Which would lead to a KSPMA feature request for adding in the ability to display WHICH save a craft is in, instead of just displaying "saves" as the folder...???

Off topic: I guess this also led me to wonder why KSP still uses the /KSP_win/Ships folder, in addition to, the folders in the individual save folders...??...Also, some ships are in EITHER folder, but not both..??

I guess I have collected quite a few crafts, as the folder(s) containing them is about 60MB!! ... :confused: ... Then add in duplicate folders!!... That adds up to a very sizeable parts pack, like KW, NP, OPT, etc...

I play heavily modded, and am always pushing the boundaries of memory limitations, so it would be nice if the game didnt duplicate craft files in multiple folders, AND if it only loaded craft files into RAM, AFTER you select which save you want to play at the main menu, instead of loading them ALL, including the saves you are not currently playing...???

Anyway, I was just wondering about this, as I love using KSPMA to more easily manage my mods, parts, AND crafts.. :)

Edited by Stone Blue

KSP actually has common shared ships, that stored in %KSP%/Ships folder. This ship marked as stock in game and accessible for every game, but can't be modified. The ship, created in game are individual for each save folder and stored here.

So KSPMA is manages ships exactly the same way, as game do.

• 2 months later...
So, github updated how the release page is formatted, which broke github downloads in the dev version. I can recode to fix that, or find an API access to use, but the best/only one I can find targets .NET 4.5 :(

Hi Gribbleshnibit8,

not again =/

A change to .Net 4.5 might be problematic, because of mono.

May be the way to go is to recode the stuff or to hack a little API access wrapper on your own.

In two week i'll have some hollyday again =) and i'll try to fix some of the left issues...

Hi Gribbleshnibit8,

May be the way to go is to recode the stuff or to hack a little API access wrapper on your own..

I think that's going to be the way to go, though I've never done such a thing.

I think for now I'll hack together an update that works with the change to the page, and it can be updated later. I've been not playing KSP for a while in favor of other things like school work and waiting on 1.0

I've tried to use CKAN and concluded that ModAdmin is much more functional and have much greater potential. CKAN has a very useful repositary, but it cant manage parts of mods or resolve conflicts. Also, it doesn't allow to add mods manually. It's repository depends on server side functionality and also requires mod developers to manually update it's repository. Mod Admin works standalone and check updates itself.

• 3 weeks later...

i saw that ksp ma 2.0 was available for download but the zip in github only has what it seems to be source code.

how do i compile it, or where do i download an installable version?

Hi MacTee, because i copy my KSP away from Steam so that there wil no automatic update, i missed the 1.0.2 and install Mod the last days on my 1.0. By searching a way to get all Mods transfered to the new 1.0.2 install i find the Ex/Import Button in KSP Mod Admin and try it, the Log down at the Page say it created a File, but there is no File in the folder. Bug or not implemented yet? Other folder, with 'run as Admin' i've tryed, but no Success.

Und weil ich's auf Deutsch besser kann;)

Hi MacTee, weil ich mein KSP immer aus den Steamapps rauskopiere, damit Steam es nicht automatisch updated, hab ich leider verpasst, dass 1.0.2 raus ist und hab kräftig weiter Mods in die 1.0 installiert. Auf der Suche nach einem Weg alle Mods in die 1.0.2 Installation zu schieben, hab ich den Ex/Import Botton im KSP Mod Admin gefunden und ausprobiert. im Log sagt er auch er hätte eine Datei erstellt, aber es ist leider keine Datei im Verzeichniss. Fehler oder gehts noch nicht? Anderes Verzeichnis, per Adminaccount hab ich versucht, ohne Erfolg.

Hi MacTee, because i copy my KSP away from Steam so that there wil no automatic update, i missed the 1.0.2 and install Mod the last days on my 1.0. By searching a way to get all Mods transfered to the new 1.0.2 install i find the Ex/Import Button in KSP Mod Admin and try it, the Log down at the Page say it created a File, but there is no File in the folder. Bug or not implemented yet? Other folder, with 'run as Admin' i've tryed, but no Success.

Und weil ich's auf Deutsch besser kann;)

Hi MacTee, weil ich mein KSP immer aus den Steamapps rauskopiere, damit Steam es nicht automatisch updated, hab ich leider verpasst, dass 1.0.2 raus ist und hab kräftig weiter Mods in die 1.0 installiert. Auf der Suche nach einem Weg alle Mods in die 1.0.2 Installation zu schieben, hab ich den Ex/Import Botton im KSP Mod Admin gefunden und ausprobiert. im Log sagt er auch er hätte eine Datei erstellt, aber es ist leider keine Datei im Verzeichniss. Fehler oder gehts noch nicht? Anderes Verzeichnis, per Adminaccount hab ich versucht, ohne Erfolg.

Hi DianonForce,

which Version of KSP MA are you using?

Is there a way to disable the mod-update-checking? Because there is something wrong :D Either it's not implemented yet, oooor all my installed (and newly downloaded, from threads with "1.0.2" in the topic) mods are outdated.

Either way, I'd like to have the modlist ignore the "datedness" of mods when it comes to the visual representation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.