[AnyOS] KSP Mod Admin v2 - Mod install with a few clicks

MacTee

@shadow651:

hmm, is it possible that you have some "unusal" graphic setting for your Windows?

Like No Visual Styles (no Windows Aero) or anything you could think of =).

@LeadMagnet:

The error is related to the height (of 0) of the TreeViewList from the OptionsTab. I have no idea why its get zero! The height in the cfg file seems ok.

Not that I expect this to work, but try setting your screen resolution to 1024x768 and use the arrow up/down buttons, don't use your scroll wheel.

This didn't fix it, and the error occurs when starting up the program, not while using it.

@shadow651:

hmm, is it possible that you have some "unusal" graphic setting for your Windows?

Like No Visual Styles (no Windows Aero) or anything you could think of =).

The only odd thing I can think of is that my computer has a DPI scaling of 125%, because the screen is 1080p HD (and rather small physically) and this setting makes things the 'normal' size on screen, it was set up that way be default by the manufacturer. Although, that's not all that unusual for newer computers; it has caused me some issues with some programs created before ~2005-ish, but nothing modern

Odd that the 1.3.6 works fine, and the new version has the issue.....

Hey, I'm back!

So, I had some ideas that just came to me a few days ago, however these would require more than just your programming skills. It would probably require a conscious effort from the modding community in general and possibly from Squad themselves. My idea was to figure out a way to get KSP-MA to pull info from a text file in the mod .zip file that would list things like: version #, compatible with KSP version #, forum page (displayed as link), spaceport page (also displayed as link), other useful info. The purpose of this would be to allow KSP-MA to track these automatically instead of manually so that we could more easily keep track of what we needed to update, but it would also require that the authors of the mods create that text file and, more importantly, keep it up to date. There could also be a feature that adds an update flag for when a mod has been updated, but this would probably require stuff that hasn't been integrated yet, such as the editing of Spaceport to allow for such a flag. Anyways, I thought that this would be nice to have, but it would require that the modding community be called on to support such a feature. It would have to be standardized, in case any other mod managers wanted to get in on it. Personally, I think this is the best mod manager around for KSP, since the others don't seem to work nearly as well as this or just aren't finished or are too buggy.

Anyways, these are some of my thoughts on this, use them how you want :)

Edit: There could also be a category for type of mod, like how some mods add parts, but other mods make fundamental game changes. And instead of listing a mod as one type (like how B9 would be in the parts category, and FAR in the plugins category), it could be something where "the mod contains these types=" for those mods like firespitter and hooligan labs, which contain some of both.

Edited by Benzschwagel
more ideas

[ Ideas a few posts up... ]

Yes these definitely! I think plenty of mod makers would use those features right away. As for spaceport, that would be the most convenient but maybe there is a way without it too if squad isn't interested.

I would like it also if the 'ksp compatible version # ' data was community vote-able too, so that if a mod author isn't around to update that relatively small piece of information, if a large number of people test and vote for it such that it works in the latest version, then spaceport or similar could update that info without the mod author needing to do it, though they could override it whenever they want, or not allow that sort of voting for their mod if they wanted to. The voting thing would be especially helpful for smaller mods that the user has a lot of and whose authors may not update as often.

@LeadMagnet: The error is related to the height (of 0) of the TreeViewList from the OptionsTab. I have no idea why its get zero! The height in the cfg file seems ok.

I've tried everything I can think of to try and replicate the symptoms shadow651 is reporting. I got nothin!

Can you PM me the sourceforge link to the TreeViewList project? That might shed some light.

The link to the original project of TreeListView is in the ReadMe file, in the first post or here.

But i think its better to look in the KSP MA source ;)

The line that throws the exception is in Utils.TreeListViewEx.TreeListView.cs -> TreeListView::UpdateScrollBars() -> Line 362 (code of 1.3.9)

For some reason the hight of the TreeListView on the OptionsTab is zero. This leads to a negativ maxvisiblerows which causes the exception in Line 362.

Its more or less easy to avoid this exception but this doesn't solve the problem of the unsusal height =(

(To avoid the exception the best way is to change line 349 "if (ClientRectangle.Width < 0)" to "if (ClientRectangle.Width < 0 && ClientRectangle.Height< 0)")

We have to find a way to reproduce this behavior. But iam still short on time =(

EDIT:

it has to be "if (ClientRectangle.Width < 0 || ClientRectangle.Height< 0)" :)

Edited by MacTee

MacTee

First, thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You have done and are doing an amazing job with this mod and, reading the last 10 pages, your response rate is phenomenal.

Now that I've fluffed you a bit ...

Would it be possible (after you've finished this snipe hunt) to add functionality that would allow us define and choose presets?

Example: I've got oodles of mods and am adding more all the time. I've decided to challenge myself and develop "space race"-style Mission Controller package. Basically, you'd start off with planes and move on Mercury>Gemini>Apollo>Skylab>SST>ISS (Vostok>(Voskhod>)Salyut/Soyuz>Mir>Buran>ISS, I think;correct me).

Now, noone can load ALL the mods required for the entire progression (I've tried and hi the 4Gb limit. Thank you NovaPunch, B-9, Kalaxy, etal.); so, it'd be nice to preset which mods are enabled for various stages of progression. You're not going to need the Gemini craft mods when you're in the STT/ISS phase.

I think I found the way to replicate it.

If you go to screen resolution and then click "Make text and other items larger or smaller" and

check the "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" and do bigger then default the error happens for me.

OK. I just restarted without the "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" checked and the program starts fine.

Edited by Bergion

I've tried everything I can think of to try and replicate the symptoms shadow651 is reporting. I got nothin!

Can you PM me the sourceforge link to the TreeViewList project? That might shed some light.

Well, my computers hard-drive has crashed, I've got all my important stuff backed up; but it will be a bit before I'm able to put in a new drive and get everything up and running.

SO I won't be able to help track down this bug for a while, and who knows, I might not be able to recreate it on the repaired system.

At the moment, using an old computer that would explode if it even saw KSP

@Benzschwagel, localSol and LeadMagnet:

Spaceport, mod version, auto update ...

Yes, we discussed this feature a while ago (at least in the german forum ;)).

I would love a Spaceport enhancement with a "version control" for the mods and web service calls for external developers. :D

@TranceaddicT:

A profile handling for different mod sets is on my todo list (now with a note on exchangeability ;)).

@Bergion:

Thanks, for the hint! I'll try to reproduce the error when im back home.

I think I found the way to replicate it.

If you go to screen resolution and then click "Make text and other items larger or smaller" and

check the "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" and do bigger then default the error happens for me.

OK. I just restarted without the "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" checked and the program starts fine.

The Space Kraken has reached out and squished your HDD.....smackhim with an SSD!! :P

Bergion, you are a genius! I could kiss ya! :P Change that setting and WHAMO! Not only that, found several other Kraken related errors. For the record, the problem is with Visual Studio applications and AutoScaleMode settings. The explanation would fill the page, so I will PM MacTee with what I found, why it's happening and how to correct for it.

Thanks a million for the help. In 20 years of programming, I never would have figured this out without it. Damn Windows 8... I CURSE THEE!!! :D

wooot ...

A big thank you to shadow651 (for the GUI settings), Bergion (for the way of reproduction) and all Star Troopers that helped with the bug hunt.

The brain bug is squished =)

The new version of KSP MA fixes the GUI scaling bug, but to be sure it would be great if someone could verify this.

---> Download <---

Edited by MacTee

Sorry still getting the Value of '1' is not valid for 'Value.' error with the check box for one scaling level checked.

I did a clean unzip and deleted the KSPMODAdmin folder in the ProgramData folder. The error did not show up on program start up, but once I selected my folder and clicked OK, then the error showed up.

If I restart the program, I get the error right away.

Here are the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.

Parameter name: Value

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value)

at KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.SetVScrollValue(Int32 value)

at KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.EnsureVisible(Node node)

at KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.set_FocusedNode(Node value)

at KSPMODAdmin.Views.ucOptions.set_SelectedKSPPath(String value)

at KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.SetKnownPaths()

at KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.SetAppConfigValues()

at KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.LoadAppConfig()

at KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.SetKSPInstallPath(String kspPath)

at KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.set_KSPPath(String value)

at KSPMODAdmin.Views.ucWelcome.btn_OK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

KSPMODAdmin

Assembly Version: 1.3.10.0

Win32 Version: 1.3.10.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bergion/Desktop/KSP%20Mod%20Admin/KSPMODAdmin.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Bergion

I seem to have a problem.

Informace o vyvolání ladění JIT najdete na konci této zprávy,

nikoli v tomto dialogovém okně.

************** Text výjimky **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Hodnota 1 není platnou hodnotou argumentu Value. Hodnota Value musí být v rozsahu od 'minimum' do 'maximum'.

Název parametru: Value

v System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value)

v KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.SetVScrollValue(Int32 value)

v KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.EnsureVisible(Node node)

v KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.set_FocusedNode(Node value)

v KSPMODAdmin.Views.ucOptions.set_SelectedKSPPath(String value)

v KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.SetKnownPaths()

v KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.SetAppConfigValues()

v KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.LoadAppConfig()

v KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

v System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

v System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** NaÄÂtená sestavení **************

mscorlib

Verze sestavení: 4.0.0.0

Verze Win32: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

KSPMODAdmin

Verze sestavení: 1.3.10.0

Verze Win32: 1.3.10.0

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Program%20Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/KSPModAdmin-v1.3.10/KSPMODAdmin.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

mscorlib.resources

Verze Win32: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_cs_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

System.Deployment

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Deployment.resources

Verze Win32: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_cs_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll

System.Xml

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Verze Win32: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_cs_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Ladění JIT **************

Aby bylo povoleno ladÄ›ní JIT, musí konfiguraÄÂní soubor

pro tuto aplikaci nebo poÄÂítaÄ (machine.config) mít

v oddílu system.windows.forms nastavenou hodnotu njitDebugging.

Aplikace rovněž musí být kompilována s povoleným

laděním.

Příklad:

<configuration>

</configuration>

Je-li ladění JIT povoleno, budou všechny neošetřené výjimky

odeslány ladicímu programu JIT, který je registrován v poÄÂítaÄÂi,

a nebudou zpracovány tímto dialogovým oknem.

hmm do you use the 1.3.10 of KSPMA?

If so, it seems that i didn't hunt down the GUI scaling bug properly =(

Can you tell me, when this error occures and what you have done.

A first try to fix this, is to increase the Height in the "Size" node of the cfg file in C:\ProgramData\KSPMODAdmin\KSPModAdmin\1.3.10.0.

(Increase the Height by 50 or more).

And KSPMM Reloaded sounds nice (Mr. Anderson :cool:). Especially the Update functionality!

hmm do you use the 1.3.10 of KSPMA?

If so, it seems that i didn't hunt down the GUI scaling bug properly =(

Can you tell me, when this error occures and what you have done.

A first try to fix this, is to increase the Height in the "Size" node of the cfg file in C:\ProgramData\KSPMODAdmin\KSPModAdmin\1.3.10.0.

(Increase the Height by 50 or more).

And KSPMM Reloaded sounds nice (Mr. Anderson :cool:). Especially the Update functionality!

This came out again.

Informace o vyvolání ladění JIT najdete na konci této zprávy,

nikoli v tomto dialogovém okně.

************** Text výjimky **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Hodnota 1 není platnou hodnotou argumentu Value. Hodnota Value musí být v rozsahu od 'minimum' do 'maximum'.

Název parametru: Value

v System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value)

v KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.SetVScrollValue(Int32 value)

v KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.EnsureVisible(Node node)

v KSPMODAdmin.Utils.CommonTools.TreeListViewEx.set_FocusedNode(Node value)

v KSPMODAdmin.Views.ucOptions.set_SelectedKSPPath(String value)

v KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.SetKnownPaths()

v KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.SetAppConfigValues()

v KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.LoadAppConfig()

v KSPMODAdmin.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

v System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

v System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

v System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** NaÄÂtená sestavení **************

mscorlib

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

KSPMODAdmin

Verze sestavení: 1.3.10.0

Verze Win32: 1.3.10.0

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/KSP_ModAdmin/1.3.10/KSPMODAdmin.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

mscorlib.resources

Verze Win32: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_cs_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

System.Deployment

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Deployment.resources

Verze Win32: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_cs_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll

System.Xml

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Verze Win32: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR

Základ kódu (CodeBase): file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_cs_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Ladění JIT **************

Aby bylo povoleno ladÄ›ní JIT, musí konfiguraÄÂní soubor

pro tuto aplikaci nebo poÄÂítaÄ (machine.config) mít

v oddílu system.windows.forms nastavenou hodnotu njitDebugging.

Aplikace rovněž musí být kompilována s povoleným

laděním.

Příklad:

<configuration>

</configuration>

Je-li ladění JIT povoleno, budou všechny neošetřené výjimky

odeslány ladicímu programu JIT, který je registrován v poÄÂítaÄÂi,

a nebudou zpracovány tímto dialogovým oknem.

Again my questions:

- Are you using the v1.3.10 of KSPMA?

- And when did this error occure? On Startup, during resizing of the KSP MA window or anything else?

and some more question:

- What did you changed?

- The Height?

- Plus 50?

- Did you try a greater value?

(Write it in Czech if necessary :))

Edited by MacTee

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.