[Rocket Builder] NASA [SPACE LAUNCH SYSTEM]

Hi there, the National Aeronautics and Space Agency is a govermental agency, focused to spreading the human presence around the solar system. We are currently working on Project Constellation, which is to take hu-kerbals beyond LKO since the last Apollo 17, and bring us to Ma-Duna.

Currrent Projects

First of all, it is National Aeronautics and Space Administration, how can you even do this without even knowing what NASA stands for? Second, I can post a pic of my MTV whic is better than yours(it looks more like the origin). Also, I already have the habitat on Duna, and my MTV is in orbit around Duna right now, with the crew and lander at the base. Btw I can give you an Ares-V which really works well for me. Anyway I will post pics soon.....

Look, if your MTV uses a mod (Unless it is a one-part mod), I cannot accept it. Also, the main reason I did not put full name is because I did not want the title to.be too long. But if your things are stock, I will modify my ships based on them.

I built the new Orion vehicle, along with a replica of the Space Launch System:

screenshot513.png

It's really oversized, but that's because I needed it to carry the very heavy Orion Vehicle into orbit, complete with Launch Escape System:

screenshot517.png

Look at that! 3 km/s of delta-v left over!

screenshot525.png

Since the Mun was rising, I decided to put the extra fuel to good use.

screenshot537.png

As the Orion is not equipped for landing, I just made a flyby. I wondered if I could get a Minmus encounter too, so I tried for one.

screenshot548.png

I got my encounter distance down to just above the surface of that moon, and made a super-close flyby. While Lodble and Jonvis are having a whale of a time, Erbrett is not amused.

screenshot553.png

Now that our grand tour of the Kerbin system is completed, it's time to go home. The ship ends up entering the atmosphere at about 3 km/s. As a result, the main capsule collides with the Service Module. Ah, whoops... :P

screenshot565.png

Just like the Orion test last year, we have proved that the capsule can indeed land with only two parachutes remaining operational!

screenshot569.png

We had plenty of delta-v to spare after all of our transfer maneuvers, so I believe it would be a suitable interplanetary craft. I'm thinking of modifying the design to replace the bottom fuel tank and Poodle with a Hitchhiker crew tank, or possibly a lighter version without the engine designed to dock with an interplanetary ship in orbit.

What do you guys think?

Here's my lifter for my Orion vehicle:

On the pad.

OuZS0Wx.jpg

In orbit.

vuCL3Qf.jpg

I didn't make it to look like the SLS though, as it was meant to be part of a family of multi-purpose crew vehicles that I built. This one can get to Mun orbit and back with quite a lot of fuel to spare.

Asteriod probe has been finished. Kudos to the first man/kerbal/woman who can provide me with an asteriod part!

Ship is currently busy cleaning up the debris in Kerbin Orbit.

Edited by NASAFanboy

Bump. Why noone reply?

Because, if you chase after attention, you are bound to end up with none. Bumping it and crying is only going to turn people away. Let it come patiently, I actually had the thread open to comment on the Ares V when I had the time. It took me ages to get R-SUV up and running, the main point is not to rush it.

Rune. Good things come to those who wait.

SLS downloads and things are up. Tomorrow I work on SLS block two, and will work on finishing up Constellation (Building the lunaroutpost is my main prority) and posting the last of my downloads, which will wrap up the manned spaceflight for now.

Edited by NASAFanboy

:( No orange tanks on the SLS? I kinda like using only stock parts, at least on the propulsion side of things. It is my understanding the Jool V is a little... well, overpowered/unbalanced. But you know, to each its own.

:( No orange tanks on the SLS? I kinda like using only stock parts, at least on the propulsion side of things. It is my understanding the Jool V is a little... well, overpowered/unbalanced. But you know, to each its own.

Well, I needed a 3m part with big boosters to keep it realistic, so....

No worries, I prefer stock payloads. I hate using mods also, but this one was needed to lee it looking like the real deal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.