What balance issues have you found that need tweaking?

michaelphoenix22

Well then, you don't use it for aesthetics, that's your choice. Still doesn't change the fact that with the mk2 you will always get more dV than with mk1 because it carries more fuel and is lighter when is either full or empty.

It's not for aesthetics, it's for fun, ultimate DV is not always the only goal. This is a sandbox game, the size of the MK1 is much nicer.

one change I think would be making it so engines can choke on air if they're fed with too much, or directly limiting engine thrust based on air density)

Model in compressor surge somehow? That would be kind of cool.

Eventually the jets will have some much-needed TLC given to them, and with that a balance pass, so we can once and for all iron out the kinks in those parts (ex. one change I think would be making it so engines can choke on air if they're fed with too much, or directly limiting engine thrust based on air density)

Not sure what use would have having engines choke on air since you can workaround that by opening and closing intakes as needed, the second option seems good to me.

Time.

This game is balanced around the idea that you can fast forward time at points, but there's still a lot to work out.

You've got SUPER weak engines like the probe ion engines, which might be interesting to use, but as the system currently stands i can't just set it on max burn and come back in 4 days. I've often mentioned i'd LOVE a "fast forward to this node" option and a way for reminders to be set while you fly other missions(flying something else and have a reminder pop up when your other ship hits a certain spot sorta thing). If they did something like this, then it'd make realistic and efficient designs a LOT less tedious. Currently most of my designs are VASTLY overpowered simply because the idea of setting something up and leaving it going is WAAY too tedious, and the fine tuning of fast forwarding gets obnoxious fast.

Oh and gravity wells/aerobraking. Predictions are often wrong when shifting gravity wells, and there's obviously no stock way to calculate aerobraking(which is slightly obnoxious when dealing with jool). I don't mind having to do it the hard way sometimes, but i'd be much happier if some more depth was added to computer systems(price/ability/weight tradeoff) rather than just being stuck with the same set of abilities and the "option" to add autopilot.

Time.

This game is balanced around the idea that you can fast forward time at points, but there's still a lot to work out.

You've got SUPER weak engines like the probe ion engines, which might be interesting to use, but as the system currently stands i can't just set it on max burn and come back in 4 days. I've often mentioned i'd LOVE a "fast forward to this node" option and a way for reminders to be set while you fly other missions(flying something else and have a reminder pop up when your other ship hits a certain spot sorta thing). If they did something like this, then it'd make realistic and efficient designs a LOT less tedious. Currently most of my designs are VASTLY overpowered simply because the idea of setting something up and leaving it going is WAAY too tedious, and the fine tuning of fast forwarding gets obnoxious fast.

Oh and gravity wells/aerobraking. Predictions are often wrong when shifting gravity wells, and there's obviously no stock way to calculate aerobraking(which is slightly obnoxious when dealing with jool). I don't mind having to do it the hard way sometimes, but i'd be much happier if some more depth was added to computer systems(price/ability/weight tradeoff) rather than just being stuck with the same set of abilities and the "option" to add autopilot.

This needs to go on the suggestion boards. You will get lots of support because it is a great idea, and I will bite Squad if they don't implement it.

Time.

The kerbal alarm clock is great if you don't mind plugins. Wish it was part of the vanilla game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.