[20/11/2014][0.25] FTmN Atomic Rockets

Kommitz

Tried to install this mod but parts don’t show in VAB tried in the GameData folder and the Parts folder under KSPWin any help would be appreciated

In my VAB they show in the menu with their fairings deployed - look for some anomalous white cylinders in the propulsion tab.

Hi everyone!

Any ideas on when will the new release be...well, released? I won't play 0.22 until I can use my beloved nuclear engines.

I'm totally addicted to FTmN 280, I wouldn't reach my Laythe's orbital station without them! Even with 280s I always need to refuel at my orbital station on Duna before heading to Laythe...

Is there any way to reach Laythe (having fuel to spare) without using nuclear engines? In my experience this seems impossible...

Thanks!

There is a way to reach everywhere without nuclear engines. If you plan on playing in Career mode and the author of this mod ties his engines to the tech tree, this means you will have to do quite a bit of trips without nuclear engines until you can unlock them.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice engines. I like how they look. Im trying out some mods and I used this with B9 and KW rocketry for a spaceplane Im working on. Got it in to orbit :P Relay like them and there dont seem to be a lot of NERVA engines around that looks good but yours are very nice. I would love to see shrouded versions, Identical but with faring just for better visual aerodynamics. Could even be its own separate part. I used the long fairings in KW rocketry over them and that looks very nice on a spaceplane.

In my VAB they show in the menu with their fairings deployed - look for some anomalous white cylinders in the propulsion tab.
Nice engines. I like how they look. Im trying out some mods and I used this with B9 and KW rocketry for a spaceplane Im working on. Got it in to orbit :P Relay like them and there dont seem to be a lot of NERVA engines around that looks good but yours are very nice. I would love to see shrouded versions, Identical but with faring just for better visual aerodynamics. Could even be its own separate part. I used the long fairings in KW rocketry over them and that looks very nice on a spaceplane.

This is a bit contradictory. There should definitely be fairings on them, although they shouldn't be visible in the parts list if you've downloaded the latest version.

For reference:

F8tt0qI.jpg

I'm planning on adding things to the tech tree when I finish texturing up the new parts, but I'm working fairly slowly as I also have other work to attend to. Should be releasing them all soon (I'm retexturing the large engine for reasons):

AllqJ4B.jpg

In addition to engines, I've settled on a design for some lightweight fuel tanks to make some properly spacey looking ships:

JeICmR3.jpg

I will be looking to expand the set with tanks up to 5m to facilitate liquid hydrogen propellant.

Following NASA's current art style, are the tanks going to be orange?

Hmm, maybe, but I figure the tanks would use a more reflective coating if they were to keep fuel long term in space. They'll likely be white, although I'm tempted to go with a bit of a stripey pattern too for marking the contents and because it'd look nice.

f4oo3G4.jpg

Kind of like this, but less of the big, fat scifi ship design.

This is a bit contradictory. There should definitely be fairings on them, although they shouldn't be visible in the parts list if you've downloaded the latest version.

For reference:

F8tt0qI.jpg

I'm planning on adding things to the tech tree when I finish texturing up the new parts, but I'm working fairly slowly as I also have other work to attend to. Should be releasing them all soon (I'm retexturing the large engine for reasons):

AllqJ4B.jpg

In addition to engines, I've settled on a design for some lightweight fuel tanks to make some properly spacey looking ships:

JeICmR3.jpg

I will be looking to expand the set with tanks up to 5m to facilitate liquid hydrogen propellant.

Well spaceplanes usually dont stack engines. Its an SSTO so fairings are only for esthetics's and FAR might remove drag penalty not sure but any way I use them for interplanetary travel. Got to Duna with 4K LOX left... but didnt help when I stall at 100m/s :D Have to fix some STOL or VTOL system to reduce speed.

Any way it would be nice with a NERVA or two for spaceplane. I use the 2.5m NERVA now with fairings from KW rocketry but adding fairings that are meant to be jettisoned seems a bit wrong :D

But it looks pretty well despite the hackwork so I suspect a proper made one would look even better.

This is the craft Im working on. Some how I need it to land on Duna but the 2x280kN NERVA's are what gets me there and once I can land hopefully back again with out refuelling.

Had about 4K oxidizer left when I got to Duna. The engines are the closest to the fuselage covered by fairings from KW rocketry.

s5p7.png

• 2 weeks later...
Any news on the tanks? i love the look of these engines and i think the tanks will make them even better. keep up the good work!!!

I'll release them when (or a bit after) I upload the next engine update. Should be fairly soon!

Currently texturing and revising my colour scheme a bit:

BXxnSnK.jpg

Is this new version gonna overwrite the old set or exist side by side with it? I like having a variety of your engines to choose from.

It's just a middle sized & 0.625m engine, so they'll not overwrite anything. Just wanted to add more visual variety.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.