[20/11/2014][0.25] FTmN Atomic Rockets

Kommitz

I've got another thread in the add-on development subforum but thought I could use a new one to collect my (mostly) finished pieces in.

'Fatman' series Nuclear Rockets

Old stock compatible nuclear engines. I will get around to re-texturing these eventually as the normalmaps aren't right and I've learnt a lot concerning texturing recently.

fatmen.jpg

If there are any bugs/problems I've missed in testing please let me know!

I install this ones in GamesData/ but it not show up in the game, i check the folders, and i see there are not the part folder, before the parts folder names. I put it, but it not work.

I use MAC. Is there any problem in this parts to not work in MAC? if not, what is going on?

• 1 month later...

Kommitz, why did you take the old links down while working on the new engines? The old ones worked with .21, and I am sure that I'm not the only one who really stands and needs some awesome nukers for the interplanetary missions.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP! Check the first page.

I would love these to be reduced in size so i can attach them to spaceplanes and landers any chance of a double mini nerva engine

I might be working on a smaller engine...

Kommitz, why did you take the old links down while working on the new engines? The old ones worked with .21, and I am sure that I'm not the only one who really stands and needs some awesome nukers for the interplanetary missions.
Does anyone have the files? I deleted them in anticipation for .21, and he removed them from the spaceport

Re-uploaded! I know the old ones were working, but I wasn't happy with the quality of them.

Re-uploaded two of them while I finish the other(s).

BUMP! Check the first page.

You *would* have to post this during my lunch break. I wonder if my boss would notice a productivity drop this afternoon... :) Looking forward to looking at the newer and improved-er nukes.

Still looking great, will need to be careful about dropping the old ones though, I don't want to have anything that'll be krakkenated if I remove them...

The FTmN40 seems a bit heavy for 40 kN thrust? If the LVN is getting 26.666 thrust per ton at 800 ISP, even directly comparing at 1.75t that's already ~46kN, and the 40 has slightly lower ISP which seems (game mechanics wise) to give more thrust per engine mass

At 770 ISP it should be around 31.3 thrust per ton, so maybe 1.28 tons?

Sorry I've been thinking about that a lot recently, I'll shut up now :confused:

Edited by NoMrBond

Still looking great, will need to be careful about dropping the old ones though, I don't want to have anything that'll be krakkenated if I remove them...

Yeah, I lost a probe relay over Mun, one en route to Minmus, and another heading to Jool because I forgot about the FTmN 90s on them, and my Mun lander uses 40s, and the 'old' 40s don't have the same part name. Ah, well. The perils of space exploration. No lives lost, this time.

The FTmN40 seems a bit heavy for 40 kN thrust...

I did that on purpose, I feel like a plain scaled down LV-N makes probes and the like too easy.

Yeah, I lost a probe relay over Mun, one en route to Minmus, and another heading to Jool because I forgot about the FTmN 90s on them, and my Mun lander uses 40s, and the 'old' 40s don't have the same part name. Ah, well. The perils of space exploration. No lives lost, this time.

Ah I thought I was clear enough in the post/spaceport description that these parts wouldn't replace the others.

Had to do it because the attachment nodes and colliders are slightly different now, and I wanted to naming conventions to be a bit clearer for the sake of organisation.

Ah I thought I was clear enough in the post/spaceport description that these parts wouldn't replace the others.

Had to do it because the attachment nodes and colliders are slightly different now, and I wanted to naming conventions to be a bit clearer for the sake of organisation.

Yeah, you did. But did I actually read all of that text before I hit "download" and erased the old parts? Pffft. No. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.